CSSA chemistry (4 Viewers)

_deloso

HSC
Re: CSSA Chemistry 2011

DAMNIT i did total water =(.. 1 more lost mark there. fml!
I wrote total water. which was i think 0.451 litres or something. So it said the amount needed to be added? dammit!! I was thinking of subtracting from the original. aarghhh!!!
but I thought the question asked "the amount of diluted water" to change the concentration to 2.51... fahhh so I just wrote the total amount of diluted water. didnt think it would be the amount of diluted water added.

_deloso

HSC

You mean H2O + CO2 <--> H2CO3 right?

yeah and then that dissociates again but only a little because it's a weak amphiprotic substance.

WHAT WAS THE ELEMENT THAT MADE AN ACID OXIDE?
I did sulfur trioxide which creates sulfuric acid when reacted with water

umz93

HSC

Yeah what i mean is, saying that using NaOH has less accurate titration? 1 mark :D

Dylanamali

HSC

I wrote total water. which was i think 0.451 litres or something. So it said the amount needed to be added? dammit!! I was thinking of subtracting from the original. aarghhh!!!
but I thought the question asked "the amount of diluted water" to change the concentration to 2.51... fahhh so I just wrote the total amount of diluted water. didnt think it would be the amount of diluted water added.
EXACT SAME ANSWER 451 mL ..

jamesfirst

HSC

omg Hygroscopic... lol

I just wrote non-anhydrous ... roflllllllll hopefully I'll get a full mark in that q. I'm feeling less confident now that I fked up so many q.

HSC

omg Hygroscopic... lol

I just wrote non-anhydrous ... roflllllllll hopefully I'll get a full mark in that q. I'm feeling less confident now that I fked up so many q.
same lol

edit: same to the less confident bit

Dylanamali

HSC

How in-depth did people go for the Haber process question??
Like did you full explore all the possible conditions regarding the equilibirum reaction?
What was your assessment of the statement?

HSC

I probably went to far in depth, i explained in regards to temperature, pressure and removing the products and also said its significance for germany - explosives, fertilisers. I said it was a highly accurate assessment

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
EXACT SAME ANSWER 451 mL ..
I think I had it different but at least I wrote it as the amount of distilled water.

I probably went to far in depth, i explained in regards to temperature, pressure and removing the products and also said its significance for germany - explosives, fertilisers. I said it was a highly accurate assessment
yeah… I wrote a 3 page essay on this.
What do fertilisers have to do with german war efforts?

Dylanamali

HSC

I think I had it different but at least I wrote it as the amount of distilled water.

fertilisers = more food, reduce poverty and famine etc,

Allies blockaded supples to Germany so germans needed a means to farm for food.

Dylanamali

HSC

And.. WOW 3 pages!! on a 5 marker .. I wrote through the whole pages and then half another.

I did a similar thing to Midnight however was not as specific with the various changes in equilibrium.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
And.. WOW 3 pages!! on a 5 marker .. I wrote through the whole pages and then half another.

I did a similar thing to Midnight however was not as specific with the various changes in equilibrium.
Well all the past CSSA had like 2 pages typed for their sample answers to those sorts of questions and my writing is like 4 pages to 2 typed page so it wasn't that much.

_deloso

HSC

Daaaammmmmnnn dude!!
just wrote about increasing yield, rate of reaction and how compromised conditions in an equilibrium can help maximise yield and rate of reaction.

P

pinkcupcakes

During the war, Germany relied on Guano supplies shipped from overseas ie. south america. this supply got cut off.
its was their only supply to make explosives.
haber process = the can now get ammonia to produce explosives
yay more explosives = can last longer in war
if no haber process = no source to make bombs

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah what i mean is, saying that using NaOH has less accurate titration? 1 mark :D
I wrote that the original solid was used because it had a high molar mass making equations more accurate but then NaOH was used because the original solid is an acid which won't react with the vinegar.

P

pinkcupcakes

Well all the past CSSA had like 2 pages typed for their sample answers to those sorts of questions and my writing is like 4 pages to 2 typed page so it wasn't that much.
Do you ask for spare booklets to write in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)