CSSA Paper 2 - English Advanced (1 Viewer)

p3rf3ction

HSC
internal marks do count.
you can't average 30% in your internals, whoop out a 90 in your hsc and get the 90 (unless you ranked 1st with the 30%)
internals mainly count towards ranking, which helps determine your atar
thats what ive been told, not sure if its true though.
oh yeah thats right..so if their internals get better, their atar will get better and since the atar is a rank, then i guess their just getting ranked above us then. Fcuking hell thats bullshit

George121

HSC
No, his point is that the internal marks in OTHER schools have no impact on your own mark which is true.
that is true, but it's still not fair for everyone who stressed because they didn't know the questions, and those doing the paper on different days already have the questions = less stress = better performance.

whether it counts or not, still not fair.

EDIT: that better bit of performance may give them that last spot in the university over you. why take the chance?

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
oh yeah thats right..so if their internals get better, their atar will get better and since the atar is a rank, then i guess their just getting ranked above us then. Fcuking hell thats bullshit
No it won't. See above ^. Actual marks from other schools are irrelavant to your ATAR as everything gets moderated. If it didn't, all schools would just give everyone 100%

p3rf3ction

HSC
No it won't. See above ^. Actual marks from other schools are irrelavant to your ATAR as everything gets moderated. If it didn't, all schools would just give everyone 100%
yeah true.

blieu

HSC
I failed. I blanked out for Hamlet. Like BLANKED out. I'd be happy with a pass for the trials.

George121

HSC
No George121 and 123Username321 you guys will go fine
Dont say you will get zero that is rather ridiculous lol

In fact i think i screwed up today lol
Do you guys remember the question for speeches or ted hughes
im only trolling lol i should hopefully get over 70% (dont aim for more tbh)

and i didnt do that module so cant help u there sorry

turbo2007

HSC
Module B and C
yeh the questions are the same since that is what they do for the HSC as well so do you remember or?

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Uhm, not completely but B was something like.. to what extent were the central concerns established in the beginning of the text successfuly concluded. Justify your answer with detailed textual reference.
Why does it matter though? I mean it's done and theres nothing you can do about it now.
Ooh, interesting question. Our school question was quite different:

In your critical study of Hamlet, you would have formed (looked at, idk) an interpretation about the plays content, construction and language.

What influenced your interpretation of Hamlet?

George121

HSC
module B was same as hamlet, just used different texts

not sure about c though

anthony95

HSC
Overall, the module were pretty straight forward:

Module A: Texts in Time ---- "more differences my ass, clearly there are more similarities"
Module B:Hamlet-- Would have rather preferred last years HSC question --- actually, it was kind of the opposite of last years question
Mocdule C: Conflciting perspectives: finally, a question that makes sense and makes all those hours of toil and determination pay off!!

turbo2007

HSC
how did you guys go in module c CONFLICTING PERSPECTIVES
how was the question>?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)