CSSA Studies of Religion (1 Viewer)

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
Re: SOR exams...

I don't get it, say you're doing the question 'how does bioethics influence the life of an adherent?'

Would you just:
1. What is it
2. What's the Church teaching
3. 'If someone has a child they msut keep it, because of what church says'

Would that be the correct structure?
i think you've got your structure mixed up. you seem to be describing bioethics rather than evaluating its impact on the adherents. i don't do bioethics, but i would select 3-4 main aspects or key elements of bioethics and write a paragraph on each. include biblical references in each paragraph as well as some key people/figures, linking it back to the question. this is how i would approach the question.

@james. i hope you're right about the paper not asking specific dot points anymore. in that case i'll just study my 3 main elements of Christianity in general and then just adapt it to the question.

chels777

HSC

so is it better to integrate all three topics together? i am most confident with islam as a religion so if the question is broad do i just come up with a thesis and then show how all three link to this thesis in each paragraph?

Supastar22

HSC

does anyone know how we can link the significant person - to ethics - to practices?

HSC

does anyone have sor cssa past papers here? 2010 and 2009 preferably with solutions?

LonelyWolf

HSC

Yeah, how the fuck do we link all three topics?

erob

HSC
Uni Grad

I'm doing Christianity if it's the significant person, because I don't know anything about Sufism. If it's ethics, however, I'm doing Islam.

anne1010

HSC

when they ask to "outline the hajj" would you talk about what happens during the hajj? each day, circling the ka'bah, white clothes, going to mina to stone the devil etc etc.

enoilgam

HSC

when they ask to "outline the hajj" would you talk about what happens during the hajj? each day, circling the ka'bah, white clothes, going to mina to stone the devil etc etc.
Yes. Since its an outline question you have to be brief, so you would pretty much just list what happens.

jamesfirst

HSC

I am completely fucked tmr. I couldn't study for RE because it was so boring and I've lost momentum ............

anne1010

HSC

I am completely fucked tmr. I couldn't study for RE because it was so boring and I've lost momentum ............
lmao me too. trying to get some quotes memorised and the stupid 2006 census info before tmro so im not completely raped. hoping to wing the rest

TorMental

HSC

I haven't studied for shit earlier. I probably should though... LOL.
But have you seen the multiple-choice questions on the SOR hsc papers?
Some of them are asking for specific knowledge of stuff that I have no shit clue about.

LonelyWolf

HSC

how are you guys studying for it? just doing past papers and thats all?

anne1010

HSC

I haven't studied for shit earlier. I probably should though... LOL.
But have you seen the multiple-choice questions on the SOR hsc papers?
Some of them are asking for specific knowledge of stuff that I have no shit clue about.
yes there was something about some guy who pioneered something and i was like holy shit im gonna fail. but theres always the usual stuff about the dreaming and interfaith dialogue and its like woo. the worst ones are when they say which religion has changed the most since blah blah.

oh and nah not past papers. theyre pretty repetitive tbh just different order. sometimes theres a 3 marker on significant person sometimes ethics. just memorising some info on abit of everything

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I thought it was more likely they would ask you an essay on a particular thing.
My plan of action:
Do short answer for Islamic bioethics, Sayyid Qutb, Temple puja, Baptism, Paul of Tarsus and Buddhist environmental ethics.
Do extended responses on Hajj, Asoka, and Christian bioethics.
This way I'm covered for whatever they ask, but I haven't really started yet so I'm probably just going to read notes and write as much as I can remember. lol

Usually I didnt put them in brackets, as I would state the reference then quote it e.g. "Generally, Christians see baptism as been highly important for a person to achieve salvation and enter into heaven, with Jesus stating in Mark 16:16 that “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned”
I'd lay the essay out like you originally planned to, only without marriage. Make sure that your teacher doesnt want you to discuss marriage, because in my trial I did bio-ethics and St Francis, but I didnt do baptism. My teachers marked me down for it.
Being?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Lol, this is me now... at almost 2am. Shit...

VegemiteLover93

HSC

Absolutely no clue how to go about sat/sun worship, bioethics and the different denominations. If I had a competent teacher I might have been able to do some study; but no, its laptops every lesson. FML

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Absolutely no clue how to go about sat/sun worship, bioethics and the different denominations. If I had a competent teacher I might have been able to do some study; but no, its laptops every lesson. FML
Lol. I cbf now. Going to bed.
I ended up doing two set of multichoice and that was it. lol

Chahoud

HSC
sor 2

Okay so if anyone does sor 2 what did you write for section 4 about the quote "there is no way to peace. Peace is the way"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)