DAILY TELEGRAPH - Top 200 schools (1 Viewer)

TomT

HSC
no one seems to be mentioning that these results are just the opinon of the daily telegraph, if you read the herald, baulko is second on the list followed by hornsby girls. And seeing our school is now the hardest to get into, if anyone has any chance of challenging ruse it will be us.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Thanks for typing it up!

Though my school isn't up there, I know there are high achievers and I'm proud of them anyway

HSC
N/A
TomT said:
no one seems to be mentioning that these results are just the opinon of the daily telegraph, if you read the herald, baulko is second on the list followed by hornsby girls. And seeing our school is now the hardest to get into, if anyone has any chance of challenging ruse it will be us.
^ Err, it's listed in the TITLE.

Read it again: "Daily Telegraph - Top 200 schools"

Furthermore, being "hard to get into" has no bearing on success level. Indeed, I'd say some of the hardest schools to get to are the private selectives, where you need brains AND money.

Once more - trying to be objective here - the Herald counts up achievements, but does NOT take into account the candidature size. Therefore, is less accurate than the Telegraph which DOES take into account candidature size.

Since you like comparing Baulko to Hornsby so much, read this carefully - you may have got MORE band 6's than we did, but you also have MORE students. We have LESS students, and thus we have LESS band 6's.

In regards to Band 6's IN RATIO to number of students/HSC exams taken, Hornsby is still on top - as both individuals and as a whole. Therefore, it would only stand to reason that Hornsby has a better chance of "beating" James Ruse (although in my opinion James Ruse will remain untouchable for a very long time yet).

Sorry to do all the "Hornsby Vs Baulko" spiel, but it exists to demonstrate a point.

Also - you don't have any guarentee that Baulko WILL have the hardest entry competition next year, so I think that kind of boast is a little premature/not founded on solid evidence.

Let's look at it this way.

Product A sells 150 products.
Product B sells 300 products.

Looking at this, you'd think Product B is better, right?

Until you discover this:

Product A sold 150/200 products.
Product B sold 300/1000 products.

Now that you know this, you'd think Product A was more successful, right?

'Nuff said.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
kyu_chan said:
Thanks for typing it up!

Though my school isn't up there, I know there are high achievers and I'm proud of them anyway
That's the right attitude! :)

karoooh

HSC
what971 said:
Damn, Randwick Girls has failed again to crack the list. Hilarity ensues...
We were 142nd last year! What the HELL happened?!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
91. Hunter School of Performing Arts

Yessss....finally in the top 100...ahah..3 distinguished achievers, methinks thats the most we've ever had :)
Year 12 HSC 2005 were v. v. v. bright

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
kyu_chan said:
Thanks for typing it up!

Have to agree there once again I thank glitterfairy, you deserve a pat on the back from the entire 2005 HSC community of BOS for your help and comments in this thread.

Although there are a number of schools not listed we all know that each school has their own high achievers and we can all understand the stress that the HSC brings to each and every student undertaking....after all each and every student deserves to be proud of themselves overcome the varies assessments, assignments, exams, countless study hours, relationship stress and just the general problem that life can bring. So to all schools and students of the 2005 HSC well done on your achievements!

furythree

Nerd
HSC
well...being a ruse student, i must say this year our grade sucks shit...even tho compared to the rest of the state we go still pwn. Comparing the results, ours more than doubles rank two, which means by the time i fall into retirement maybe, second place might close the gap (not being arrogant or anything...just logically speaking). The good news is, since the onli reason baulko comes 2nd/3rd is because theyre full of leet ppl of ruse standards who are afraid of applying for ruse. In the future, it will more increasingly become like the consolation "top" school. That is, more and more smart ppl will drift away from ruse, that will be the only way we will be beaten.

NEVERTHELESS, WE'RE #1!!!!!!!!!!! XD

and good job on Hornsby Girls, my sister is going there next year, she didnt get into ruse, but with those results i can sleep in peace knowing she will kick my UAI

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:
^ Err, it's listed in the TITLE.

Read it again: "Daily Telegraph - Top 200 schools"

Furthermore, being "hard to get into" has no bearing on success level. Indeed, I'd say some of the hardest schools to get to are the private selectives, where you need brains AND money.

Once more - trying to be objective here - the Herald counts up achievements, but does NOT take into account the candidature size. Therefore, is less accurate than the Telegraph which DOES take into account candidature size.

Since you like comparing Baulko to Hornsby so much, read this carefully - you may have got MORE band 6's than we did, but you also have MORE students. We have LESS students, and thus we have LESS band 6's.

In regards to Band 6's IN RATIO to number of students/HSC exams taken, Hornsby is still on top - as both individuals and as a whole. Therefore, it would only stand to reason that Hornsby has a better chance of "beating" James Ruse (although in my opinion James Ruse will remain untouchable for a very long time yet).

Sorry to do all the "Hornsby Vs Baulko" spiel, but it exists to demonstrate a point.

Also - you don't have any guarentee that Baulko WILL have the hardest entry competition next year, so I think that kind of boast is a little premature/not founded on solid evidence.

Let's look at it this way.

Product A sells 150 products.
Product B sells 300 products.

Looking at this, you'd think Product B is better, right?

Until you discover this:

Product A sold 150/200 products.
Product B sold 300/1000 products.

Now that you know this, you'd think Product A was more successful, right?

'Nuff said.
Product B just overproduced, there was still more demand for it than Product A, probably due to the fact that Hornsby Girls are ugly :p

Post made without ever having met a Hornsby Girl

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
furythree said:
The good news is, since the onli reason baulko comes 2nd/3rd is because theyre full of leet ppl of ruse standards who are afraid of applying for ruse.
People afriad of applying for ruse? More like people who want a broader education and not live under constant pressure and so forth..... that's why people go to baulko.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hahahahahaha.

I chose not to go to baulko for that exact reason. Relaxed atmosphere outside selective = win.

HSC
N/A
I guess all schools have their own pros and cons, really. I've heard about the high success-driven subject choices at Ruse, but they have a history of doing REALLY well. If you want the highest UAI possible and don't mind being put under pressure to do whatever it takes to get the marks, then go to Ruse. You'll get what you want.

I think both Hornsby and Baulko - and now maybe Sydney Girls as well - may start increasing the pressure slightly, particularly to do more of the high-scaled subjects. I hope they don't (as I did several "low" ranking subjects myself) but I would expect that they do... :(

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Hahahahahaha.

I chose not to go to baulko for that exact reason. Relaxed atmosphere outside selective = win.
You just wanted to be with guys for 4 years.... you know it.

HSC
N/A
go all de la salle scools, i dunno how many times ive said it. U guys alwasy try so hard, if ther were top million scools i rekcon u be ther somewhere. Advice: neva go to one unless ur into hot teachers, which i definitely am, had time of my life ther!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I'm thinking Randwick Girls could be a candidate for 'worst-dropped school'? Damn it sucks. It's kind of taking the positive mood away that I got from getting my UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)