Dat circle geo (1 Viewer)

fishrushed

HSC
Apparently some of my friends said it was easy, saying it was "textbook stuff". I felt really smart after doing the question :D probably because I've never done much questions where you had to construct something that was not hinted at in the question.

spongebob1

HSC
N/A
I did a kite of BQAP with Q(T)P being the cross section of it proving opposite sides were equal. would this be valid or no?

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
How many marks will I lose if I assume it's a straight line?
I used alternate angles for angle qbt and angle pat and the other two, then 'proved' it was collinear. Can I get 2/3?

Web Addict

HSC
I constructed the common tangent at T and proved that the angles were vertically opposite, therefore Q, T and P are colliear. I wonder if this would be accepted.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This goes to show you should always look at the wording first as well as the diagram.

yasminee96

HSC
I don't understand why it can't be assumed as a straight line? It says "the line AT intersects C2 at B", so doesnt it just suggest that the line AT is produced to B?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I don't understand why it can't be assumed as a straight line? It says "the line AT intersects C2 at B", so doesnt it just suggest that the line AT is produced to B?
That's all good. But if you use alternate angles on angle BQP and APQ, that's assuming that QTP is a straight line in the first place.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'm gonna say it's a poor choice of wording. Well at least to me it sounds ambiguous. The sentence quoted makes no sense to me. Or maybe my English isn't up to scatch

bangladesh

HSC
But how did you prove that?
It was the only way i could think of, BUT
You say that they are similar, then you say that the triangles touch at T and you use the other line to prove that the points were collinear. I can't remember the points exactly because i have forgotten if it was A,B,C or whatever it was.
Not sure if it's the right way tho, but it was the only way that i thought of.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It was the only way i could think of, BUT
You say that they are similar, then you say that the triangles touch at T and you use the other line to prove that the points were collinear. I can't remember the points exactly because i have forgotten if it was A,B,C or whatever it was.
Not sure if it's the right way tho, but it was the only way that i thought of.
But how are they similar? You would have to assume the result to prove it (unless there is some really obscure way of doing so).

iBibah

HSC
This is how I did it, which I'm pretty sure is right:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)