Democrats to give prefs to Family First Party (1 Viewer)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Yeah, and? Your vote isn't worthless. Don't be a fuck head and donkey vote, but you probably will anyway.
*rolls eyes* did u misunderstand my post? My vote either goes down the drain amoungst the little parties that count for nothing, or it becomes one of the masses of worthless votes that all goes towards a PM and a government that i don't want in.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
eviltama said:
*rolls eyes* did u misunderstand my post? My vote either goes down the drain amoungst the little parties that count for nothing, or it becomes one of the masses of worthless votes that all goes towards a PM and a government that i don't want in.
The votes for the minor parties still have significant pressure on the major parties...your vote for a minor party could possibly change the policies of a major party.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
But the point is you can still vote for who you would like to get into power, nobody said anything about democracy being alive.
so whats more important to you. Being able to vote, or having a vote that counts?
because the way your going on here, you'd rather just have the vote in preference to making a difference and having you vote count. How stupid. Lets all vote because we can, not because we actually care what issues are of importance.. its not important! Suffrage for all!! >_<

twiddla

can't be bothered reading whol;e thread buthaving read thru the family first policies completely where does it say nething about corpral punishment

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
The votes for the minor parties still have significant pressure on the major parties...your vote for a minor party could possibly change the policies of a major party.
Bull.. shit.

Since when did we hear about any minor party making a difference? The only time you hear about them is election time when they beg for votes.

twiddla

oh and Kwayera - u'll find that the following list of liberal front benchers are opposed to same sex marriage,

abbott
costello
howard
nelson (yes ur sitting member)
downer
and a number of others - plz note not one of the liberal front bench crossed the floor on the recents same sex marriage debate

and eviltama is right. In terms of the lower house there are six seats that matter in the country the rest of us are stuck with voting for someone who won't get in ie a wasted vote or just following like blind sheep and voting for people who don't care about us - esp us youth and who don't care wether we vote for them or not cos they have so many votes already

Last edited by a moderator:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
eviltama said:
Bull.. shit.

Since when did we hear about any minor party making a difference? The only time you hear about them is election time when they beg for votes.
Ah, about every election.

twiddla

Kwayera said:
but we no longer need religion in politics to represent what is right and wrong.
may i remind u that it was peter costello who appeared at the hiilsong conference, it was john howard who stated that he thought that most of the population would like a christian PM and it was all the other liberal party members who supported him in them in this stance.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Ah, about every election.
The minor parties only make a noise in the media if something goes horribly wrong or if they support a larger party (or a more popular one).
Otherwise their standpoints and their priorities don't get heard.

Its bad enough that a fair chunk of our society doesn't get a mention, and gets ignored before (and after) elections. But you have to vote for these people to run the country! Why vote for someone you don't trust, or someone who you don't know for bob down the back road?! What happened to voting on issues relevant to our society and having the governenment respond to the wishes of society? Doesn't seem to count for jack now a days, for libs or labour or anyone else for that matter. Its all propoganda and election promises until they get in and after they get in its all lies, deceit and betrayal. Oh and a good helping of taxes, fee rising and irrelevant material and issues which are meant to cover up the real issues and problems this country has.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
eviltama said:
Bull.. shit.

One nation with regards to immigration, democrats with regard to GST, Greens with regard to environment - these are all examples of minor parties drawing votes and forcing the major parties to adopt similar policies to get the votes back or at least preferences. Minor parties aren't as worthless as you might think, it's just not as obvious.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
HSC
eviltama said:
The minor parties only make a noise in the media if something goes horribly wrong or if they support a larger party (or a more popular one).
Otherwise their standpoints and their priorities don't get heard.

Its bad enough that a fair chunk of our society doesn't get a mention, and gets ignored before (and after) elections. But you have to vote for these people to run the country! Why vote for someone you don't trust, or someone who you don't know for bob down the back road?! What happened to voting on issues relevant to our society and having the governenment respond to the wishes of society? Doesn't seem to count for jack now a days, for libs or labour or anyone else for that matter. Its all propoganda and election promises until they get in and after they get in its all lies, deceit and betrayal. Oh and a good helping of taxes, fee rising and irrelevant material and issues which are meant to cover up the real issues and problems this country has.
Just out of curiousity, what do you propose as an alternative to the current system? How would we ensure that important issues, which you feel are being neglectedd now, are addressed, and that the vote of everyone counts?

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
mervvyn said:
One nation with regards to immigration, democrats with regard to GST, Greens with regard to environment - these are all examples of minor parties drawing votes and forcing the major parties to adopt similar policies to get the votes back or at least preferences. Minor parties aren't as worthless as you might think, it's just not as obvious.
One nation was all about pauline.. and it still is. Democrats get their nose in the news every occasionaly for their antics but rarely do anything. The greens get their nickers in a knot over the forests and have a few good unknown policies that never come up now that the only 'well' known rep of theirs is Brown. And there are more minor parties out there that never get heard of... so while some aren't totally worthless as far as coverage goes, when it comes to the floor the only way they get noticed is if they get their heads together and gang up against the major parties or if they join with a major party and its a surprise move.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
One nation was all about pauline.. and it still is
HAY! EVILTAMA! last year is on the phone, he's asked for me to tell you that Pauline is an independant now.

Democrats get their nose in the news every occasionaly for their antics but rarely do anything.
Apart from you know holding the balance of power. See the GST and the amended GST.

The greens get their nickers in a knot over the forests and have a few good unknown policies that never come up now that the only 'well' known rep of theirs is Brown.
1) Bob Brown foregoes nickers for leather hot pants
2) The Greens are no longer about the environment - really.
3) The proposal to decriminalise leaf had every teen perking their ears up - it was hardly an unknown policy.
4) Actually, the only rep YOU KNOW is Brown. (Makes more sense to me eh)

And there are more minor parties out there that never get heard of
Like the Liberals, Nationals and Labor party *I AM ROLLING MY EYES OVER THE INTERWEB*

... so while some aren't totally worthless as far as coverage goes, when it comes to the floor the only way they get noticed is if they get their heads together and gang up against the major parties or if they join with a major party and its a surprise move.
Thank you for your insightful political commentry eviltama.

Last edited:

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
neo_o said:
HAY! EVILTAMA! last year is on the phone, he's asked for me to tell you that Pauline is an independant now.
That would be because one nation went to the shit. YAY for minor scandal causing parties that self combust!

Apart from you know holding the balance of power. See the GST and the amended GST.
So they broke up.. and into several pieces... and then the did what more recently?
1) Bob Brown foregoes nickers for leather hot pants
2) The Greens are no longer about the environment - really.
3) The proposal to decriminalise leaf had every teen perking their ears up - it was hardly an unknown policy.
4) Actually, the only rep YOU KNOW is Brown. (Makes more sense to me eh)
I'm sure you love his hot pants, but i couldn't care less. Read their website they have some nice policies but you can't see them for the trees. As for every teen, i sure as hell ain't interested and i know none of my friends could care less.. i think my neighbours might be interested if they let some air into the bong room and came out occasionally... Everyone knows Brown... hes the only one who gets his face in the news and on tv. Other than that its like 'oh the greens.. hippies... more interested in tasmania than anywhere else'.

Like the Liberals, Nationals and Labor party *I AM ROLLING MY EYES OVER THE INTERWEB*
I said minor, not major. Libs and Labour are major. And the Libs/National coalition make nationals major (for the moment and only if they stick around for the ride). I was talking about all those little independants who get up on their soap boxes and have their communities support them only to find out that regardless of their support the person they just voted for can't do jack crap for them.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
eviltama said:
That would be because one nation went to the shit. YAY for minor scandal causing parties that self combust!
So I assume you admit to being originally incorrect?

So they broke up.. and into several pieces... and then the did what more recently?

I'm sure you love his hot pants, but i couldn't care less. Read their website they have some nice policies but you can't see them for the trees. As for every teen, i sure as hell ain't interested and i know none of my friends could care less.. i think my neighbours might be interested if they let some air into the bong room and came out occasionally... Everyone knows Brown... hes the only one who gets his face in the news and on tv. Other than that its like 'oh the greens.. hippies... more interested in tasmania than anywhere else'.

I said minor, not major. Libs and Labour are major. And the Libs/National coalition make nationals major (for the moment and only if they stick around for the ride). I was talking about all those little independants who get up on their soap boxes and have their communities support them only to find out that regardless of their support the person they just voted for can't do jack crap for them.
Actually, independants hold the balance of power along with the minor parties and are pretty damn powerful. Also, Peter King (an independant) is probably going to be the reason Malcolm Turnbull will loose a seat that has been Liberal for the past 100 or so years.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
neo_o said:
Nope and nope.. to all of the above. Politics disgusts me and all i hear of it is from my friends, family and on the news (tv and online), which is more than most people. So if i am still thinking of Pauline hanson = one nation = down the shit = haha what a bunch of losers then they prolly are too. The democrats haven't done anything recently and i havent seen a damn thing from them, the greens or any independants dropped in my letter box, or my email in the last 6 months much less the last 6 years so that tells me that nothing's happened with them either. Beyond the fact that they supposedly exist and are supposed to be powerful no one knows about them. All you hear about is coalition vs labour. Howard vs Latham. *shrugs*

'So what if they exist?' say the public 'I'm not going to vote for some unknown!'.
and ta-dah thats how ignorant people vote and thats how everyone who isn't directly affiliated with a party or claims some sort of interest in politics is going to vote.

twiddla

Has neone hear heard of a party in Germany called the Nazi's - the Nazi's ran on a platform that encouraged return to traditional German style living but included things like anti-semitism. The population looked at their good policy and thought they'll never institute the other stuff it is too extremist - guess what before the the control laws were introduced post the 33 election they never had a majority and obviously what did they do once they gained control they actually implemented all the radical policy that everyone thought they wouldn't.

Although on a smaller scale we can see the greens have some good policy - they are pushing some radical shit that everyone knows is stupid however they will try to introduce such things as legalising e and marujana

I'm not saying they are on the same level as the nazi's but it is just a warning to never ignore a radical policy

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Nicho said:
Has neone hear heard of a party in Germany called the Nazi's - the Nazi's ran on a platform that encouraged return to traditional German style living but included things like anti-semitism. The population looked at their good policy and thought they'll never institute the other stuff it is too extremist - guess what before the the control laws were introduced post the 33 election they never had a majority and obviously what did they do once they gained control they actually implemented all the radical policy that everyone thought they wouldn't.

Although on a smaller scale we can see the greens have some good policy - they are pushing some radical shit that everyone knows is stupid however they will try to introduce such things as legalising e and marujana

I'm not saying they are on the same level as the nazi's but it is just a warning to never ignore a radical policy
what greens policy is as radical as anti-semitism

as far as i know they arent into genocide

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
HSC
Nick said:
what greens policy is as radical as anti-semitism

as far as i know they arent into genocide
The Greens aren't into genocide perhaps, but I think the connections stands - in the infinitely improbable case that the Greens win a majority in this election, they would probably institute most of their policies, even the ones most people think are a bit "out there".
However, the difference between the Greens and the Nazis is that of opportunity (as well as a few things like location/era/appeal). The Nazis had an opportunity created by the weakness of Weimar in the grasp of the Depression. The Greens do not have such a springboard to create the extreme desperation that made the Nazis look like a viable choice, and even if the environment becomes THE issue, the major parties have learnt from the Nazi experience, and will do even more of what they are doing now - policy leeching - to the point that their environmental policy is enough to attract Green voters back on that basis and a comparison of other policies.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
eviltama said:
Nope and nope.. to all of the above. Politics disgusts me and all i hear of it is from my friends, family and on the news (tv and online), which is more than most people. So if i am still thinking of Pauline hanson = one nation = down the shit = haha what a bunch of losers then they prolly are too. The democrats haven't done anything recently and i havent seen a damn thing from them, the greens or any independants dropped in my letter box, or my email in the last 6 months much less the last 6 years so that tells me that nothing's happened with them either. Beyond the fact that they supposedly exist and are supposed to be powerful no one knows about them. All you hear about is coalition vs labour. Howard vs Latham. *shrugs*

'So what if they exist?' say the public 'I'm not going to vote for some unknown!'.
and ta-dah thats how ignorant people vote and thats how everyone who isn't directly affiliated with a party or claims some sort of interest in politics is going to vote.
Yes, its true! The only two parties that will have control of the House of Representatives are Labor or the Coalition (for the moment anyway).

Have you ever heard of the Senate? Here is a link, visit it: http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/

The smaller parties and independents, if they get elected to the Senate, have a thing called the balance of power, this means they can influence government policy making. Also, if they gained a far few votes, the government would see that this percentage of the population wanted something, so they change there policy to suit the environment. This would be called Politics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)