Democrats to give prefs to Family First Party (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
So, I put my preferences in above the line, and it goes to the first party and all the parties that they like, not necessarily what I voted for?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You basically choose whether or not to be lazy and just make 1 choice and let that party choose evrything else or whether to be not lazy and put in a complete list of preferances.

malkin86

HSC
OK, thankyou for explaining! I've forgotten everything about voting that I learned in year 6...

twiddla

Preference distribution deals are only guarenteed for above the line voting in the senate. However 90%+ of people follow how to vote tickets

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Nicho said:
Preference distribution deals are only guarenteed for above the line voting in the senate. However 90%+ of people follow how to vote tickets
Nice stat, where'd it come from?

twiddla

Well my dad was a scrutineer for the last election and that was what he said - it is prob just a genrelaised figure but still the point remains otherwise there would be no point in organising prefernce deals for the house of reps!

Melody

HSC
N/A
Back to the original point of this thread, I have always been a democrats supporter so I was understandably shocked when their pref deals came out - so much for socially responsible, they have actually become concerned with votes! jk

So, yes, I think the Democrats preferencing will lose a lot of votes... I still support the democrats but not their prefs. I also favour the Greens who have moderated quite substantially in recent years without losing their good social responsibility report card. So I decided I was going to vote below the line and advised my parents (Libs) to do the same after seeing their prefs and hearing my parents concerns about FF etc.

Then I discovered the Greens Senate preferences exactly what I would vote below the line anyway so now I am voting above the line for the Greens.

Full list of NSW preferences across all parties
http://www.aec.gov.au/election2004/candidates/pdf/gvt/2004NSWGVT.pdf

Greens (only including parties likely to get elected, there are 78 candidates, 28 groups and four ungrouped after all!)
1. Greens
2. Democrats
3. Labor Party
4. Liberals/Nationals
5. Family First
6. Christian Democrats (Rev Fred Nile)

Other major parties preference deals, own exclamations:
Democrats
1. Democrats
2. Family First (!)
3. Liberals for Forests
4. Christian Democrats (Rev Fred Nile) (!)
5. Greens
6. 50% Liberals/Nationals, 50% Labor Party

Labor Party
1. Labor Party
2. Liberals for Forests
3. 33% Christian Democrats (Rev Fred Nile), 66% Greens (!)
4. Democrats
5. Family First (!)
6. Liberals/Nationals

Liberal Party
1. Liberals/Nationals
2. Christian Democrats (!)
3. Family First (!)
4. Liberals for Forests
5. Democrats
6. Greens
7. Labor Party

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)