Depression and the HSC - how do you cope? (1 Viewer)

DannyBackwards

and the big blue house will be waiting for you to
HSC
Re: .:.Depression.:.

In regards to the HSC...

So we're all stressed, and personally all of it just getting to me.. :(

Plus having to deal with things happening outside of school doesn't help either.

So how do you deal with depression, or in general, what do you do to prevent yourself from feeling crap?

Ideas would be reallyy appreciated..

often we feel depressed, but in reality we're not really depressed.
i guess some things that you might want to think about is that:

1. yes the hsc is temporary, its not ur life. accept that fact and dont dwell upon it.

2. ask yourself about anything that frustrates you or brings you down whether, "in 6 months times are you really going to be thinking about that issue?" if ur freakin out that you havent done your notes, well in 6 months time you're not gonna be thinking about that so it'll be a waste to be always complaining and stressing out about it.

3. figure out what you can control and what you cant. You can control when you start your assignments. but other times you cant control things that are happening in your family like health issues.

4. look at your signature
'Stay smiling because the world should be a happy place..

it's trrue that if you think positive den chances are you deal with things better and more calmly.

5. do somethign you love, set aside a time or day to do somethign u really enjoy, maybe listening to your favorite music.

6.listen to music, not only ur favourites but songs that are uplifting with beats and lyrics, i know that "golden" by Jill Scott is a great song, it helped me though the tough times

7. if you ever feel liek your about to blow it, either because of soemone or just it all seems to be fallin on you just start concentrating on ur breathing and count from 10 to 1. you know take a time out. HSC time is always rushed, but that doesnt mean you have to be. just stop for a few minutes each day. it helps to keep your mind clear, and keeps things in perspective so u not over-reacting.

8. talk about whateva ur feeling with friends, teachers and what not, as you said everyone is feelin the stress, so your not alone! and you'd be surprised how often adults understand how you feel.

i dunno if any of this helps, but believe me you;ll survive, its surprising how soon the hsc is over and how unnecessary it felt to be so strressed over it. save your stress for uni and the workplace world lol

enjoy your last year =D=D and keep smiling =D=D

goodluck to all of you hsc'ersss

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

In regards to the HSC...

So we're all stressed, and personally all of it just getting to me.. :(

Plus having to deal with things happening outside of school doesn't help either.

So how do you deal with depression, or in general, what do you do to prevent yourself from feeling crap?

Ideas would be reallyy appreciated..

its almost over, hang in there :)

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC

Take some time out and hang out with friends or go to a party or something. Don't think about the HSC 24/7, because it will begin to consume you. Also, think about what your hoping to achieve through the HSC. Is it UNI your aiming towards, because if so, there are always other ways to get into courses, even if it takes an extra year.

One year of hard work could lead to your career fulfilment for a very long time. Idk, just weigh out the bad with the good, and really think 'In 10 years will this matter?'

:)

Stay smiling.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

man in uni the year seems so slow (probably cause our workload >>>>> yours) - i feel sorry for you hsc buggers.

realistically, man up - you'll be fine.

HSC

Aww no need to be depressed. Try some activities to lighten your mood.

• You need to relax or "chillax". Try having a bath, or a mud bath.
  • You need to be happy, eating biscuits and singing songs help me be happy.
  • The best way to beat depression is to KNOW that you've done adequate study. When you get home from school, dont waste time taking your shoes off or telling your mum what you did at school, you run right up to your study area and you study for like 2 hours. At around 6pm you'll look back at all the study you've done, and how early it is and you'll instantly feel relief -> making the depression fade away.
Good Luck. Remember to believe in yourself, for that's the place to start! (and i said hey, HEY, what a wonderful kind of day, where you can learn to....)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

Aww no need to be depressed. Try some activities to lighten your mood.

• You need to relax or "chillax". Try having a bath, or a mud bath.
  • You need to be happy, eating biscuits and singing songs help me be happy.
  • The best way to beat depression is to KNOW that you've done adequate study. When you get home from school, dont waste time taking your shoes off or telling your mum what you did at school, you run right up to your study area and you study for like 2 hours. At around 6pm you'll look back at all the study you've done, and how early it is and you'll instantly feel relief -> making the depression fade away.
Good Luck. Remember to believe in yourself, for that's the place to start! (and i said hey, HEY, what a wonderful kind of day, where you can learn to....)
why dont you try to harden the fuck up

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

[youtube]2IPstyZh8ww[/youtube]
lols

hey is you sig from TomCats?

To OP: This is from someone who suffers from maniac depression. Get over it. Depression is a bitch but your life is what you need it to be. if it gets wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard i.e. sucidal (true not threats you actually just about to do it) go see a doctor. Right now try some foods high in Vitamin A as these help to release endorphines (s/p). Thats my 2c.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

This sounds gay but, watch a musical or a feel good movie.
It's called 'feel good' for a reason.

1bpcsmem

HSC

Remember "Pain in temporary... but gain is forever!"

Evil Sprinkles

HSC
With the whole concept of getting special provisions for the HSC because or depression it has to be a complicated process.
Its not as if you can just stroll up to your administraiton office and say "Im depressed help me"

If anything you'd have to give them a certificate of recomendation for special provisions by a certified mental health doctor.
Depression isnt somethng that comes and goes, its a chemical inbalance of the brain, it stays with you forever. Everyone gets depressed here and there aorund HSC time but that doesnt mean you have depression.

I think that to even be able to receive special provisions due to depression you'd have to be suffering from depressin for some period of time before the Board of Studies will allow you special provisions for the exams.
I dont know, I havent been diagnosed with depression or anything so dont quote me on any of this, Im just putting my 2 cents in

HSC
Something that i tried yesterday relieves stress.

When you get changed for the day, put your clothes on Backwards!
It's so crazy, everyone will ask you why you did it, and you just shrug. It makes you feel easy and happy!

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)