Depression (1 Viewer)

FlipX

HSC
I never wanted any sypmathy, I am sorry if it came across that way, I simply wanted to know what were my options. So sorry if I came across as a self-loathing loser. Its not so much that... Anyway, thanks for your help anyway.

James
Look, as harsh as some of the other posters have been, I do think their contributions are valid. While feeling understood and finding others in similar situations can help initially, it'll take a kick up the backside to transition from wallowing in comfortable emo-ness to being proactive about your own mental health.

As I've said in the other version of this post, reach out for professional help, try to get out and about and be critical in assessing what's keeping you down, etc. It might suck to know this, but there are no magic pills that will instantly make things better - you'll have to play a big part in the recovery.

madness_me

HSC
I experienced psychosis last year. it is honestly the hardest thing u will ever experience. But speaking from experience you can get through it you just need to want to help yourself, and believe that everything will be okay

HSC
Have you ever been to a counsellor? Or simply talked with someone you trust?

I've done both and I found the latter more effective, but only because I was completely against going to a counsellor and only did so because it had been suggested and suggested. That isn't to say that counselling won't work for everyone else, I just had a personal vendetta against it.

I also found that keeping a journal helped greatly. No one else knew about it and I wrote down my thoughts etc., which was a big help and made me process things, even if it was drawn-out.
yeah councelling can really help with some things and writing a journal is also great if you just need to get things out of your head.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
I have depression as well, so can somewhat empathize.

Your best bet is to see a counseller, but you have to choose a good one who will reprimand you when you're being stupid..not the wishy-washy ones who'll say "yes, thats a terrible situation" over and over again..you'll never grow that way.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with suicide..whilst it would be nice to hear that you've gotten better and are able to enjoy life once again, some people will just never be happy and those people will continue to suffer day to day until they die. Personally, I'd prefer those people take their lives asap rather than living 50 or so more years being misreable.....so I'm not going to say to you "you shouldn't commit suicide", frankly if you really feel there is no hope go for it and take control of your destiny..better than bitching and moaning and crying for 50 years..but do try and get better first as you may be able to improve, see a counseller and see what happens.

amirite

HSC
Terrible advice ^

When youre young and depressed better days may seem far off but they will happen.

HSC

Your best bet is to see a counseller, but you have to choose a good one who will reprimand you when you're being stupid..not the wishy-washy ones who'll say "yes, thats a terrible situation" over and over again..you'll never grow that way.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with suicide..whilst it would be nice to hear that you've gotten better and are able to enjoy life once again, some people will just never be happy and those people will continue to suffer day to day until they die. Personally, I'd prefer those people take their lives asap rather than living 50 or so more years being misreable.....so I'm not going to say to you "you shouldn't commit suicide", frankly if you really feel there is no hope go for it and take control of your destiny..better than bitching and moaning and crying for 50 years..but do try and get better first as you may be able to improve, see a counseller and see what happens.
why havent you necked yourself then

alax dillon

HSC

what the hell is wrong with you?

edit: wait. stupid question.

Last edited:

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
why havent you necked yourself then
I can't tie a secure knot to save my life haha..that, and a mixture of laziness and fear of the pain, the chance of getting caught and of course surviving..my worst fear is that I'll survive, and have a disfigured face...not from hanging, I'm just talking about attempting it in general. I wish I were brave enough, but alas I'm not...sue me.

There are different types of depression....not everyone who wants to die (not that everyone who is depressed wants to die) is going to just jump in front of the next train that comes by, just like not every smoker will pay $100,000 upfront for cigarettes....of any amount. Some people prefer a concrete, fool-proof plan where suffering is minimal, because they're not in that state of desperation yet where simply anything will do...doesn't mean that if someone said "take this pill and you'll die in 5 seconds, guaranteed" I wouldn't take it...I sure would if I knew it to be true.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
I can't tie a secure knot to save my life haha..that, and a mixture of laziness and fear of the pain, the chance of getting caught and of course surviving..my worst fear is that I'll survive, and have a disfigured face...not from hanging, I'm just talking about attempting it in general. I wish I were brave enough, but alas I'm not...sue me.

There are different types of depression....not everyone who wants to die (not that everyone who is depressed wants to die) is going to just jump in front of the next train that comes by, just like not every smoker will pay $100,000 upfront for cigarettes....of any amount. Some people prefer a concrete, fool-proof plan where suffering is minimal, because they're not in that state of desperation yet where simply anything will do...doesn't mean that if someone said "take this pill and you'll die in 5 seconds, guaranteed" I wouldn't take it...I sure would if I knew it to be true.
go trade your life with one of the 30000 children that will die of starvation / disease today you queer middle classed bitch

HSC
use a gun
jump off a tall building
jump infront of a train
steal a car and drive it into a tree at 200km/h
go sky diving but dont open your parachute
eat 300 panadol (lol)
eat roundup (LOL)

carbon monoxide poisoning mate
painless

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
This statement intrigues me.
Are there some smokers who would?
There are guys who like to fuck chickens...so yes, I'm sure there are people who would.

Anyway, the starving children in Africa is the oldest argument in the book. Tell that to someone who is beaten or molested at home, "oh fuck you bitch, there are children starving in Africa, be grateful you have a roof over your head". Just because someone is worse off than you, doesn't mean you should be happy.

None of us chose to be brought to this earth, and some of us if given the choice wouldn't have chosen to be brought here..just like some of us would choose to get married to a person of the same gender if we had that choice in this country..does that make those people sick, or is it just a controversial opinion? What one does to themself or chooses for themself is their prerogative..some people are not cut out for this world just like some people are not cut out to swim..they just will sink and suffer until they eventually drown..are you going to push them in the pool?

Someone choosing to take their life harms no one but themself, it's their prerogative and if thats what they want to do, it may be sad but they know what is best for them and thus I personally respect their choice. Besides, what does forcing them to live do?..they probably will never contribute to society, the people who claim they should live because they love them will eventually get fed up, kick them out of home and they will wind up to be a waste of space on the streets. Some people do not have it in them to make it in this world..just like other members of the animal kingdom, some individuals are not strong, fast or smart enough to make it...the difference between them and us is that we force the weak to stay alive, whilst a great portion of non-human animals kill their weak..they'll struggle, will not contribute and will probably be very unhappy anyway. Those people who don't want to be here are the weak members of our species...someone give me AT LEAST ONE good reason as to why they should have to be here if they don't want to?

carbon monoxide poisoning mate
painless
Do tell me.....whereever can you purchase this, because I've tried looking for it.

PS: Since when is being queer and middle class something you can use against someone as an insult? And wtf does it have to do with anything? LMFAO..

Last edited:
HSC
are you serious

of course you should feel better, if there are people who are worse off than you
what is wrong with you

one good reason why mentally unstable people shouldnt suicide

1) they are not in the correct mental state to make rational decisions

are you fucking serious
did you really just ask where to buy carbon monoxide

im not telling you, you have to stay alive now for being so dumb

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Who said anything about being mentally unstable? You don't have to be mentally unstable to be suicidal, genius..being depressed or wanting to die means simply that. You could be a perfectly logical, rational person and want to die.

You're calling me dumb, yet you made that inane statement. Lol.

HSC
"Major depressive disorder (also known as recurrent depressive disorder, clinical depression, major depression, unipolar depression, or unipolar disorder) is a mental disorder"

having a mental disorder = mental instability

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
So it's a disorder to be unhappy with the fact you've been forced to live a life that you do not want to live? Of course if you can't contribute to society, they consider it a disorder....society also believed the world wasn't round...doesn't mean they were right.

It's a different POV, a different outlook on life..doesn't mean the people who feel that way are crazy or unstable. It's just different.

HSC
clinical depression is a disease you fucken retard

being unhappy with your life =/= depression it means you are a pussy

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
A disease is an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning.

The brains of people with depression aren't necessarily functioning abnormally...there is nothing wrong with my brain. It doesn't have tumours, it doesn't have any fungus growing on it as far as I know lol.

Obviously you have never been through depression, which is why you can make ignorant statements like that..lets see you say that when a loved one of yours takes their life because they're depressed..not that I wish that on you, but it is the only way you will ever understand.

You happy with your life? Kudos, good on you. Unfortunately, for whatever reason not everyone is and that doesn't make them stupid, retarded, crazy, unstable or inane...it makes them sad. Some can find happiness with some help..others cannot, but that doesn't make them any less of a person than those who do find happiness...it is just not in the cards for some people, and those people shouldn't be forced to continue with an existence that eats them up inside and shouldn't be judged for it either.

Last edited:

Cowbell

HSC
Depending on weather you're "I'm so deep and intelligent, this life isn't for me I have figured it out too soon bawww" faggot fake depression or actually "I just feel shit all thie time for no reason" real brain chemistry disorder depression, there are two different options. For the first kind, the solution is to kill yourself you self righteous douche, or just realise that everyone feels like this and you're not special. For the second kind, you need meds (hardcore valium, benzos fuck yeah) or smoke weed. That'll fix you up. But as like 1/100 people who claim depression actually have this chemical dificency type, I'm guessing you're the first kind. fuckin whiny bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)