Depression (1 Viewer)

James_

HSC
Hey there,

I was told to repost in here.

I am currently suffering from high levels of depression and I recently spent a night in a mental health institution. This depression is very debilitating and I haven't been able to concentrate on my studies at all... I have had several sucide attempts, and thats why I ended up in the hospital. Anyway, I was wondering do any of you guys have some suggestions? I am completely apathetic and unable to become motivated, I am behind in all my subjects and have several assignments due. Is there something I can do to alleviate some of the stress do you think?

My mum has suggested that I take the rest of the year off and repeat year 11 and 12 when I am not suffering from this illness. However, as the HSC is almost here anyway I don't really want to do that... Any suggestions are appreciated. It has also been suggested that I simply do year 12 over two years or go to TAFE.

Thanks for reading the length post...

From,

James

klaris

HSC
Have you ever been to a counsellor? Or simply talked with someone you trust?

I've done both and I found the latter more effective, but only because I was completely against going to a counsellor and only did so because it had been suggested and suggested. That isn't to say that counselling won't work for everyone else, I just had a personal vendetta against it.

I also found that keeping a journal helped greatly. No one else knew about it and I wrote down my thoughts etc., which was a big help and made me process things, even if it was drawn-out.

James_

HSC
Could you atleast give me a serrious suggestion? I mean I am asking for help... I need to get out of this slump but I don't know how....

@klaris

Yes, and they haven't helped, made me feel crazy... But the diary thing I might try, thanks for the suggestion.

James_

HSC
Wish I could get a girl friend, but I have no luck in that department. I don't want to work because I don't know how I will act when treated like shit. Last time I yelled at my boss... I already do weights and excersise. I also don't get out much and I can't, I still have a bedtime and ATM because I have attempted sucide I am not able to go anywhere without my parents incase I do something stupid...

Thanks anyway as well.

amirite

HSC
Nice excuses bro.

Good luck getting out of your hole... You want to kill yourself dont you. You cant even trust yourself not to do it. You say you have to go out with your parents. What about your friends? Ask one of them if they wanna do something.

Youve got a shit attitude and until you realise that youre not gonna solve anything by killing yourself youll be in that hole.

Do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Challenge yourself. At the moment youre going nowhere. Youre depressed. Youve got nothing to lose by going out and trying something new. Take the good feelings you get from challenging yourself and chuck away all those that make you feel shit.

Talk to people. Listen to people. Youre not the only person in a struggle.

You can be the biggest loner piece of shit in the whole world but no matter what you are now, you can change it, find people who appreciate the changes and make something of yourself.

James_

HSC
Nice excuses bro.

Good luck getting out of your hole... You want to kill yourself dont you. You cant even trust yourself not to do it. You say you have to go out with your parents. What about your friends? Ask one of them if they wanna do something.

Youve got a shit attitude and until you realise that youre not gonna solve anything by killing yourself youll be in that hole.

Do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Challenge yourself. At the moment youre going nowhere. Youre depressed. Youve got nothing to lose by going out and trying something new. Take the good feelings you get from challenging yourself and chuck away all those that make you feel shit.

Talk to people. Listen to people. Youre not the only person in a struggle.

You can be the biggest loner piece of shit in the whole world but no matter what you are now, you can change it, find people who appreciate the changes and make something of yourself.
How is it an excuse? I am asking for help and all you can do is abuse me? Thanks alot man, means alot. It is because I want to commit sucide that I am not allowed out of my parents sight. Those were the doctors orders... I know I am not the only person to struggle, I never said I was, I realise there are people that have it a hell of a lot worse than I do, I was just looking for some help and maybe to spark some answers.

writing in a journal is like digging yourself a fucking hole imo. its just written proof that you are fucked up and it will most likely end up in the hands of some fucking therapist

if you can get through the hsc then do it because seriously theres only a few more months to go. if i was in your position, repeating/going to tafe or whatever would just make me feel a lot worse. just get through it with a half decent mark, take a gap year and get your life back on track

you dont need a girlfriend either. what is all this 'talk to someone' shit? people are selfish and cannot be trusted. the only person that is going to help you IS YOURSELF. and meds are a last resort ok
I already am on meds. Thats what I want to do.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Posting your problems on a forum wouldn't help. Because you'd realise how sad it is.

amirite

HSC
How is it an excuse? I am asking for help and all you can do is abuse me? Thanks alot man, means alot. It is because I want to commit sucide that I am not allowed out of my parents sight. Those were the doctors orders... I know I am not the only person to struggle, I never said I was, I realise there are people that have it a hell of a lot worse than I do, I was just looking for some help and maybe to spark some answers.
Im not abusing you. Youre abusing yourself.
The whole idea of being cushy and understanding just plays into your appeal for pity.
Look at you, youre not denying that if you were out alone you wouldnt kill yourself. You want to kill yourself. You want our pity and everyone to tell you how difficult it must be for you so if you do end up killing yourself those final moments of thought - will I, wont I, *BANG* - are justified.
Youre looking for sympathy anywhere you can get it. You think that people feeling sorry for you will make you better. Wheres the rationale in that?
You need to challenge yourself and get yourself out, its your own mind thats holding you back.
And I do hope you get better and id never wish mental illness on anyone because managing this shit is tougher than managing any physical ailments. On the plus side though, getting over these things builds massive resolve and makes a person a whole lot better in the long run.

Last edited:

William kamel

HSC
Hey there,

I was told to repost in here.

I am currently suffering from high levels of depression and I recently spent a night in a mental health institution. This depression is very debilitating and I haven't been able to concentrate on my studies at all... I have had several sucide attempts, and thats why I ended up in the hospital. Anyway, I was wondering do any of you guys have some suggestions? I am completely apathetic and unable to become motivated, I am behind in all my subjects and have several assignments due. Is there something I can do to alleviate some of the stress do you think?

My mum has suggested that I take the rest of the year off and repeat year 11 and 12 when I am not suffering from this illness. However, as the HSC is almost here anyway I don't really want to do that... Any suggestions are appreciated. It has also been suggested that I simply do year 12 over two years or go to TAFE.

Thanks for reading the length post...

From,

James
Hey James, Hang in there, Depression maybe a hard time for you. But it's something that everybody experiences and when you get out of it, you'll be as happy as ever. What I would suggest you do is to find people that really care, maybe go to the church, they have heaps of good people there to help and they TRUELY understand.

Lloydo

HSC
Smile. Even a forced smile releases endorphins.
Laughter is the best medicine.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Im not abusing you. Youre abusing yourself.
The whole idea of being cushy and understanding just plays into your appeal for pity.
Look at you, youre not denying that if you were out alone you wouldnt kill yourself. You want to kill yourself. You want our pity and everyone to tell you how difficult it must be for you so if you do end up killing yourself those final moments of thought - will I, wont I, *BANG* - are justified.
Youre looking for sympathy anywhere you can get it. You think that people feeling sorry for you will make you better. Wheres the rationale in that?
You need to challenge yourself and get yourself out, its your own mind thats holding you back.
And I do hope you get better and id never wish mental illness on anyone because managing this shit is tougher than managing any physical ailments. On the plus side though, getting over these things builds massive resolve and makes a person a whole lot better in the long run.
This man is wise beyond his years.

No-one can help you if you don't choose to help yourself.

xMaNx

HSC
Something is similar between OP and BBJ, I just cant place it.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
Excersize may help, set realistic expectations make small achievable goals eg Today i will study for half an hour. Dont overwhelm yourself. HSC is important but its not the end of the world you have plenty of options if you dont do your best.
You will definately be able to apply for special consideration. Talk to a counsellor and make your teachers aware of what happened so they can give you extra help. Study smart, do plenty of past paper questions and hand them up to be marked by a teacher this is the best way to study. And if something makes you happy, talking to someone, watching movies, listening to a song, going somewhere eg the beach make time to do it.

If your feeling like you cant cope tell someone, your health is way more important than the HSC.

Enchantress91

HSC
Kids Help Line. Call them up. Or chat to a kids help line counsellor online. You can email them even. I wish you all the best James.

HSC
If you don't want to live, there's nothing strangers can do to change it.

To be honest, if you have people who care about you (including family), it's pretty selfish to try to kill yourself.

xMaNx

HSC
I feel depressed atm.

I know how you feel buddy, dont let it get to you!

James_

HSC
I never wanted any sypmathy, I am sorry if it came across that way, I simply wanted to know what were my options. So sorry if I came across as a self-loathing loser. Its not so much that... Anyway, thanks for your help anyway.

James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)