Detention? Aren't we in 'big school' now? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Who the hell gets detentions?

Our school doesn't 'do that shit'.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
So you believe that trouble makers should not be punished and disciplined for their actions? Totally stupid and ignorant thread.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
So you believe that trouble makers should not be punished and disciplined for their actions? Totally stupid and ignorant thread.
Trouble makers should be punished but there should be an alternative to detention because they are not as effective as say, going around the entire school with a rubbish bag at recess and lunch to personally pick up everyone's rubbish. Or having to clean gum out from under desks. Manual labour type stuff would have a more immediate impact and provides more of an incentive to start behaving properly than sitting around, perfectly comfortable and doing nothing for an hour.

So maybe Phoenix Fury could specify what should be done instead?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
His original post makes it appear as though he disapproves of punishment in any form. I hope he can clear that issue up.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Aren't you "big enough" to not get in trouble in the first place?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Two or three people got N-Awards in subjects such as English and Maths in Year 11 and had to repeat the year again.

bored of sc

HSC
A dude in my grade got an in class detention for jumping in a puddle and splashing around - soaking himself. Then the teacher came up to him, and well you can predict what happened next.

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks you guys for pointing out my 'fatal flaw'.

OK. I STRONGLY believe their should be a punishment other than detention. I also agree with whoever said 'aren't we old enough not to get in trouble', or something along the lines of that.

I was merely stating that the term 'detention' seems quite juvenile.

Personally I kinda hope that they'll just get booted out of school, parents contacted etc. Minor things just get overlooked at our school like talking in class, punching each other,etc. Either that or we just get separated.

HSC
Uni Grad
bored of sc said:
A dude in my grade got an in class detention for jumping in a puddle and splashing around - soaking himself. Then the teacher came up to him, and well you can predict what happened next.
LOL

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Pointless thread.

Aplus said:
:).

Evan11

HSC
i remember in yr 11 if u fucked around u lost "going across the road" priveldges. snap, no 1 fucks around after yr 10, otherwise its cold cheese sangers for you!

alicia4102

HSC
Evan11 said:
i remember in yr 11 if u fucked around u lost "going across the road" priveldges. snap, no 1 fucks around after yr 10, otherwise its cold cheese sangers for you!

well we get no priveldges in senior school.. we are last in bus lines.. can go no where... an still have to follow the extremely strict uniform rules... sucks...

bettina44

HSC
thing is we don't have to continue on to yr11 and 12 and those people who continue just for the sake of it,screw themselves up when they get to their hsc.

i've noticed that the teachers at our school become A LOT nicer to us when we're in senior school when it comes to discipline,they don't really give us detentions but we got heaps in yr7-10.

on another note,i remember one time in year seven,a year eight girl yelled at a teacher so she had to spend a month in our class.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Actually, just sitting around in the mornings doing nothing is actually pretty embarassing, as all the teachers, students and guests to the school walk past where you sit for detention every morning.

Unless you're a regular, it is sorta 'shameful'.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Phoenix Fury said:
Thanks you guys for pointing out my 'fatal flaw'.

OK. I STRONGLY believe their should be a punishment other than detention. I also agree with whoever said 'aren't we old enough not to get in trouble', or something along the lines of that.

I was merely stating that the term 'detention' seems quite juvenile.

Personally I kinda hope that they'll just get booted out of school, parents contacted etc. Minor things just get overlooked at our school like talking in class, punching each other,etc. Either that or we just get separated.
Act like a little shit and you deserve to be treated like one.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Was that kind of unprovoked attack really needed?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
What was the context of the situation?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)