did any 4u students find this paper hard? (1 Viewer)

poWerdrY

HSC
proringz said:
I did the integration on q.1 with the sin squared and cos using a substitution, couldn't be stuffed any other way
would i have lost marks for not showing adequate working? i just did it in my head and went straight to (sin^3)/3

miche11e

HSC
thats what i did - it was only worth 2 marks and theres not really much working you can show, so i think you would have gotten full marks.

lost1

HSC
yes i fu*ked that test as well :( so many mistakes and stupid shit i did would loose me so many marks :( and then of course the time constrain.... Would probably get 70% :( there goes my band 6 :(

miche11e

HSC
i dont think so - i think we were almost expected to. Unless they say "Hence" im pretty sure you can do a question however you want

frostysnow

HSC
Yep i think i stuffed it. I think it's harder than the 4U paper. But then i again, i only started studying for this yesterday and only did 3past papers compared to the 15 i did for 4U

luthienanwamane

HSC
I didn't like it, but neither did I think it was as bad as 4U. I'm in one of the higher ranked schools in the state, and most people thought it was pretty hard, even 4U students.

I'll probably get about 60-65/84.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I found it pretty easy but forgot some techniques to do the questions, like that 3D trig question. The supervisor said "pens down" just as I realised how to do it...

And it was too long. I didn't have time to check my answers and only got up to the end of Question 6, skipping some parts of Qs 5 and 6.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
I was wondering this too. I found the test pretty decent, just a bit longer than I expected. I didn't get through the first 4 questions as quickly as I wanted to (I was aiming for 30 mins). Most of the people who did 4u were complaining that they'd lost about 9 marks give or take for stupid mistakes, but people who didn't do 4u were complaining about how crap the exam was.

poWerdrY

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
I was wondering this too. I found the test pretty decent, just a bit longer than I expected. I didn't get through the first 4 questions as quickly as I wanted to (I was aiming for 30 mins). Most of the people who did 4u were complaining that they'd lost about 9 marks give or take for stupid mistakes, but people who didn't do 4u were complaining about how crap the exam was.
you go to baulko right? 9 marks from just stupid mistakes or 9 altogether?

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
poWerdrY said:
you go to baulko right? 9 marks from just stupid mistakes or 9 altogether?
Yeah I do =/

Altogether. Some guy in the top class was moaning about how he'd lost 9 marks, because he's pretty accurate and generally doesn't make stupid mistakes. I lost 11 marks on the parts I skipped from 4,5 and 7 >< And then I asked people how they went and they were like "ONLY 11 marks?" Oo

poWerdrY

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Yeah I do =/

Altogether. Some guy in the top class was moaning about how he'd lost 9 marks, because he's pretty accurate and generally doesn't make stupid mistakes. I lost 11 marks on the parts I skipped from 4,5 and 7 >< And then I asked people how they went and they were like "ONLY 11 marks?" Oo
lol, and who would this guy be? im guessing jason tam -_-

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
poWerdrY said:
lol, and who would this guy be? im guessing jason tam -_-
Nah, it was Andy. However, Jason will probably write a freaking essay about it on his blog later.

poWerdrY

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Nah, it was Andy. However, Jason will probably write a freaking essay about it on his blog later.
ouch. 9marks is quite a lot for him

poWerdrY

HSC
AkaiHanabi said:
Yeah, I know =O How'd you guys go in general?
i think most from my grade went well. it was considerably easier than 4u thats for sho

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
poWerdrY said:
i think most from my grade went well. it was considerably easier than 4u thats for sho
Just figured out what school you go to >_> But yeah, that was a lot better than 4u -__- I'm hoping the cut off for E4 is lower this year

nsanchez01

HSC
TIME !!!
and also
i got hard questions right
and easy questions wrong.
blaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)