did any 4u students find this paper hard? (1 Viewer)

aki117

HSC
like the ext2 paper, this years paper was more style than substance. IN both papers the questions were of an unexpected style, and emphasised on different topics. But in terms of difficuilty, both werent out of the normal range of difficuilty.

miche11e

HSC
aki117 said:
like the ext2 paper, this years paper was more style than substance. IN both papers the questions were of an unexpected style, and emphasised on different topics. But in terms of difficuilty, both werent out of the normal range of difficuilty.
-1.5i^2 :D (wow im bad at maths jokes!)

hayyleyy

HSC
i thought it was ok.... but more time wouldve definately helped alot! but it was soooo much better than the 4u paper
and i used some 4u stuff in it aswell.... for integration

sweir

HSC
mathslover said:
i do 4u and i lost so many marks!! edit: in the 3u ppr
mainly cz i ran out of time!!!
anyone else?
it wasnt that hard, not as hard as that bloody 4 unit paper... but yes time was such a big issue, didnt do question 7 because of it... fucking people whos lights went out, 15 more mins and it would have been done... hell unfair i reckon.

sweir

HSC
ckprior said:
yeah i do four unit and i still found a lot of things difficult... especially question 8
dude there was no question 8 on my paper.
you got jipped. hahah

patv

HSC
lol i only did one day of study, day before exam, and i completed four past papers. for 4U, i studied three days and only did 4 past papers, haha. i stuffed up both, but i probs will get 80 percent in 3U, which i guess is fine. lol and during the exam, the lights turned off, i was like wtf?!. but they turned back on like straight away

danfloyd11

HSC
paper wasn't too bad, time was an issue cause i only finished with like 10secs to go but there wasn't nething that i didnt get out, tho i prob made sum stupid mistakes in the questions with definite answers

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
I didn't think it was particularly difficult, but I made sooooooo many stupid mistakes. I dropped 3 marks due to not being able to get them out in time, and I lost about 9 marks due to absolutely stupid mistakes. 3 times as many! Grrrrr! :(

Extension 2 wasn't that difficult per se. It was just weird. I got 100+/120 in the 07' paper, but could only get high 70s - low 80s/120 in our exam. Looking back over it, if I had 4 hours, I could've done FAR better. But I guess I didn't think about them enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

melc47

HSC
Time s always an issue in this paper. I actually liked it except for that. I think I could have got most of them out if I had had more time. I guess we'll see how the scaling goes.

nottellingu

HSC
conics2008 said:
Time issue not hard
I think this ^ is an indication of what most 4u people found based on ppl at my school and friends. I think for most of it was pretty simple and its really a matter of not making silly mistakes.

3u people found it pretty hard because they arent used to dealing with such harder prolems and take longer to do it.
P.S FUCK english :lol: & GO maths :uhhuh:
Conics2008 is smart :D

nottellingu

HSC
poWerdrY said:
would i have lost marks for not showing adequate working? i just did it in my head and went straight to (sin^3)/3
What uve used is actually the reverse chain rule. I think in 3u u should be fine:santa:

nottellingu

HSC
BradlovesJesus said:
Extension 2 wasn't that difficult per se. It was just weird. I got 100+/120 in the 07' paper, but could only get high 70s - low 80s/120 in our exam. Looking back over it, if I had 4 hours, I could've done FAR better. But I guess I didn't think about them enough.
I got 105 in the 2007 paper 109 in 06 and 101 in 05...but ill only get around 80 in this yrs one...just due to getting stuck on q's wasting time and silly mistakes
EXAM CONDITIONS R A PAIN IN THE ASS :mad:
I was sitting at the back of the hall and had to wait lik 3 mins for the old bitch to get me an answer booklet...and the q's i missed out in 7 i couldve done. I should appeal

Last edited:

nottellingu

HSC
frostysnow said:
Yep i think i stuffed it. I think it's harder than the 4U paper. But then i again, i only started studying for this yesterday and only did 3past papers compared to the 15 i did for 4U
As if its harder than the 4u paper LOL.......if u got the growth and decay q in 4u (covers all u need + more for turkey q) the resisted motion in q7(3u projectile q7) all the integration in q1 and the conics LOL what more knowledge did 3u require ????

I think 70/84 and u should be lucky enough to scrape an e4

scott.syd

HSC
i thought the 3u paper was considerably easier than 4u. hoping for an 80/84 in 3u, considering i didn't make any silly mistakes. but i'm prob only get 85-90/120 in 4u. so yupp.

miche11e

HSC
im going for 80/120 for 4unit and about 70/84 for 3 unit. Considering that everyone else went considerably badly, i guess ill be happy with those marks

leisl1990

HSC
no, i found its relatively easy, the first few parts of q7e is quite do-able.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)