did any 4u students find this paper hard? (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
miche11e said:
haha i trained myself for this - i was doing past papers in an hour so that i knew that i'd have time even if it was taking me longer than expected - i learnt from trials. I finished about 20 minutes early so i had time to go back.
Hopefully this pays off in my marks...
what do people think they got?
I did the same thing i was doing past papers in 1.5 at most (including 06) most around 1 hour 15 but I only had 10 minutes left at the end. So it was a really long paper.

aki117

HSC
dunno, kinda standard, even slightly easy paper exept for part 7e.

poWerdrY

HSC
friction said:
I did the same thing i was doing past papers in 1.5 at most (including 06) most around 1 hour 15 but I only had 10 minutes left at the end. So it was a really long paper.
wow, 10 mins, thats quite impressive

friction

HSC
Yea 7e was good you had to differentiate the intitial things after making it only x's and y's and then sub in the stuff from b and c.

mathslover

HSC
friction said:
Yea 7e was good you had to differentiate the intitial things after making it only x's and y's and then sub in the stuff from b and c.
are u from james ruse?

aki117

HSC
friction said:
lol yea differentiate to find dx/dy by chain rule, and i used lol 3 subs to do it, and needed some rearrangement of g/vcos@

friction

HSC
poWerdrY said:
wow, 10 mins, thats quite impressive
Yea but i wanted to go back and redo a couple of things and didnt really get 2. I did one of the things again and did the same thing wrong stupid me.

friction

HSC
aki117 said:
lol yea differentiate to find dx/dy by chain rule, and i used lol 3 subs to do it, and needed some rearrangement of g/vcos@
You clearly made it to hard then. If you differentiated WRT x and then just subbed in the parts from b and c it was right there.

friction

HSC
mathslover said:
are u from james ruse?
I am from a school that has got about 2 top bands in maths Ext 1 and 2 in the past 10 years and one of them was my brother.

This year we should get atleast 2 for both.

Kearnzo

HSC
Yeh there were some tricky parts, finished 5-10 mins early with everything done.

Though i know now I made a couple silly mistakes
Didnt put the minutes into time.
Make a silly error in calculating the height, all theory right though.
And possibly the first question wrong.. i dont remember writing -27. Mightve accidently put -9 >.<.

So down to 80/84.

friction

HSC
lou071 said:
people saying that the exam was easy or they did really good, do they really mean it or they just showing off????????
I went well and i still cant say it was an easy test becasue comparitively it was hard.

revanchist

HSC
Time was deffinetly an issue on this one, most of the paper wasn't really that hard (damn you question 7!!! ;p) but I only had 1/2 an hour left for question 6 and 7, and before I knew it there was only 15 mins to go! D:

aki117

HSC
friction said:
You clearly made it to hard then. If you differentiated WRT x and then just subbed in the parts from b and c it was right there.
wrt t or wrt x u eventually get the same dervative that u sub into.

eliseliselise

HSC
hmm i reckon that it was a pretty good test.. i wouldn't say it was holistically hard, but in comparison to past 3unit tests- it was pretty difficult.. & the only way in which 4u really benefited me was the integration qus, which weren't hard anyway and having done 4u just makes everything seem easier..

aki117

HSC
eliseliselise said:
hmm i reckon that it was a pretty good test.. i wouldn't say it was holistically hard, but in comparison to past 3unit tests- it was pretty difficult.. & the only way in which 4u really benefited me was the integration qus, which weren't hard anyway and having done 4u just makes everything seem easier..
agreed.
4unit just gives us more maths to do, hence we gather alot of techniques that can be applied to 3u, and thats why things may seem easier, otherwise, most 4 unit topics (except integration) were topics that werent in 3unit, hence not applicable.

tnosrac

HSC
I reckon that this paper was not terribly hard, nor easy. The main problem with it was the fact that there was too much in it for 2 hours. I only got to about halfway through 7, and didnt really get to think about other questions as much as I would have liked. I think that I forgot the cosine rule for the 3d trig question, and got a tower 9 m tall? ( I knew i'd get something simple wrong)

Marinatos

HSC
I do fur unit and I found the test harder than I was expecting, but not hard. I could do everything, I just didn't get time to finish the last part of the last question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)