Didn't do aswell as I had hoped... (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
Today at school we received our trial marks back and for some subjects I didn't do as well as I had planned...

Are there any good ideas to get me motivated to study more or get back up on that positive train of though because at the moment I feel I have hit rock bottom with some things.

Also, I have recently read some things about bands and the marks from the hsc and so forth; Do band 6/5 ect come from just your exam mark from the HSC and does your HSC mark come from the combined mark of your HSC exam and assesment mark? :p

bouncing

HSC
hey newijapper,

i cant help u with that lst question cos i have no idea but just remember that you've only got the actual hsc exams left and you'll be done!!!!!! - there is still room for improvement and try not to dwell too much if its done its done. you did good in english didnt you? ive seen ur comments on other threads, perhaps spend more time focusing on the subjects u didnt and just force urself to acknowledge where you went wrong and then address these issues by targetting those areas

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Are there any good ideas to get me motivated to study more or get back up on that positive train of though because at the moment I feel I have hit rock bottom with some things.
Stare at your mark for 10 minutes straight.
Afterwards slap yourself in the head and start screaming like a mofo.

.. or something along those lines

NewiJapper

HSC
bouncing said:
you did good in english didnt you? ive seen ur comments on other threads, perhaps spend more time focusing on the subjects u didnt and just force urself to acknowledge where you went wrong and then address these issues by targetting those areas
Well, after all this my problem was that the subjects I really tried to work hard in and did a lot of work for (ie. math and chemistry), I ended up fairing worser than my teacher or me expected : |

bouncing

HSC
oh, i totally understand you - that happens to me with biology :''''( now i lose interest because i feel as if my effort doesnt pay off.

well perhaps change ur way of studying like for me personally im going ot focus on the KEY questions now instead of trying to memorise the entire syllabus - go for understanding and change your methods around this has been said a million times before but dont just rewrite notes or read notes actually teach them... even if it is to a wall LOL

and b00m's kind of right.. if u look at those marks and ur not happy with em what are u gonna do? cry or improve?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
and b00m's kind of right.. if u look at those marks and ur not happy with em what are u gonna do? cry or improve?
i was actually sort of being serious lol

poor marks can invigorate you into some serious and productive study like i found a few months ago.. only if you can channel it into some determination

twistedrebel

HSC
dude, your making me depressed that it might happen to me in a few weeks time. Release the anger m8

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Find out where you went wrong in your trials and then forget about them completely.

If you do well in your HSC exam and your ranks are relatively good then you're assessments marks will be mdoerated to match your external exam marks so you can make up for any muck up in internal assessment. However you can only do this if you work hard from now on and study effectively. Time is short so don't waste your time crying.

Good Luck :D

NewiJapper

HSC
whats with everything thinking i was crying?!?!?!??!!!? LOL i was depressed...not a girl lol

bouncing

HSC
i was actually sort of being serious lol

poor marks can invigorate you into some serious and productive study like i found a few months ago.. only if you can channel it into some determination
lol well i wasnt disagreeing with that part, just the hitting self in head = useless.

haha @newijapper!! sorry :p

bouncing

HSC
lol well i wasnt disagreeing with that part, just the hitting self in head = useless.

haha @newijapper!! sorry :p
AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN " A GIRL"!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont cry over my marks and im a girl.

hscishard

HSC
It's okay mate. Just use some tissues for a few hours and then get back to work.

I heard ranking is important for your internals.

skye_high

HSC
Don't worry too much. just a little more than 2 months to go. hang in there. you know it'll be worth it :)
LOL, even though i'm majorly stressing about my trials in three weeks ):

bouncing

HSC
haha dont you hate how its so easy to comfort others and then when it comes to yourself and ur in the exact situation that you told them not to worry 2 seconds ago you're like SHIET.

by the way :D hijacking your thread haha how would u describe a "sunset" - i want it to sound amazingly beautiful (loool im doing a creative atm) - ps im not very creative so this is going to be the hugest fail of my life.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
how would u describe a "sunset" - i want it to sound amazingly beautiful
'As he peered out the broken window, the sun slowly fell into the horizon and the sky shone with the radiance of an Andres Serrano photograph.'

Last edited:

skye_high

HSC
haha dont you hate how its so easy to comfort others and then when it comes to yourself and ur in the exact situation that you told them not to worry 2 seconds ago you're like SHIET.

by the way :D hijacking your thread haha how would u describe a "sunset" - i want it to sound amazingly beautiful (loool im doing a creative atm) - ps im not very creative so this is going to be the hugest fail of my life.

haha yeah, right now i'm doing everything to procrastinate :(
i have a hamlet asessment tmr that i've been avoiding studying all holidays, sigh, all nighter for me

er, for the sunset, hows sth like: the sunset was all the colours of reds and oranges tinted with hope :(
okay that was fail
i tried..

Last edited:

bouncing

HSC
@b00m so even sunsets are cliche now. what is this world coming to. honestly by the time the kids who have just entered yr 7 try to do their creative stories they wont be allowed to write about anything.

thanks for helping :)

"It was just past six and the sun began to set. It tainted the sky with melted pinks and oranges and yellows which blended together like the paint on an artists palette. "

er i tried to go for the short/long sentence approach but it seems a little ... stupid

bouncing

HSC
@b00m so even sunsets are cliche now. what is this world coming to. honestly by the time the kids who have just entered yr 7 try to do their creative stories they wont be allowed to write about anything.

thanks for helping :)

"It was just past six and the sun began to set. It tainted the sky with melted pinks and oranges and yellows which blended together like the paint on an artists palette. "

er i tried to go for the short/long sentence approach but it seems a little ... stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)