Difference between asian imports and Australian born asians (1 Viewer)

twistedrebel

HSC
I also must add that international students pay full fees, which in effect, 'subsidises' the education you are undergoing right now. Local students only pay a fraction of the price they're supposed to. Looking deeper, you will notice international students economically contribute much more than that. They help our economy by paying rent, buying all their stuff and taking part time jobs, all without much government support. This is way better than dole bludgers and abos. I don't know where this statistic comes from so correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently education is Australia's third biggest export. There are probably better things to complain about.
+1, yeah and education is our 3rd biggest export worth a few billion to the Australian economy.

I would rather complain about bogans/arabs/whoever living off centrelink or wastage of tax payer money. Also doing group with people who dont know english too well is all part of the learning process. In the real world not everyone knows english and due to globalisation your going to have to interact with people are not native english speakers.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
^ This is another good post. People who think they're above the world because they think they got a decent ATAR score and made their way into university annoy the shit out of me. There's another 30,000ish people in the same university as you, get over yourself. I admire anyone who leaves everything behind at home and travels to a foreign country to start from scratch, where the language spoken is different to that of their home country and difficult to grasp. Putting up with cunts who are either too up themselves or are insecure and use the vehicle of belittling others for no reason, is something I admire.

In the real world and especially in a world embracing globalisation, you will end up in situations with people who aren't too good at speaking english. Learn to deal with it.

BobMN

HSC
Well one thing is without the international students many of you couldn't afford to go to uni so it's a two-way relationship. International students benefit from the local students and the local students benefit from international students.

Also keep in mind that many international students come from decent high class families and are worthy individuals to spend your time with.

And finally for all those who nag about the international students being in their own group, talking another language, etc... (obviously many of them haven't seen anywhere else than Australia). I strongly encourage you to take a trip somewhere different where the language and culture and people and everything is alien to you. Then see what happens...

I think mainly because the native language is English, many Aussies have become too lazy to make the smallest effort to try and understand a different person and culture and this will be entirely their own loss. You think everyone should learn YOUR language and understand YOUR jokes and listen to YOUR music and see YOUR movies and the list goes on...

The world is much bigger than that and it's your choice whether you want to see and experience the rest of it in your lifetime or to stay in your own shell. It's 2011, wake up!

shady145

Banned
HSC
why is everyone hating on FOBs?

i just read the first page of this thread. cbb reading the rest

Bendent

HSC
dunno like ppl are obsessed with fobs them for some reason O_O

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I think mainly because the native language is English, many Aussies have become too lazy to make the smallest effort to try and understand a different person and culture and this will be entirely their own loss. You think everyone should learn YOUR language and understand YOUR jokes and listen to YOUR music and see YOUR movies and the list goes on...
So what, you suggest we learn Mandarin?

EdmondDW

HSC
Basically, the ones hate fobs r asians themselves. It is kind of interesting, so we can say they hate being themselves?
The australian-born Asians try to get into the white community and stick with white ppl, so they look down international students. But I do think it is not a pround thing to try to abandon ur own culture or tradition. Btw not all the international students r asians, quite a few of them are actually Europeans, how do u judge them then? "Oh ur European accent is just so sexy, u r useful "fob"?"
I am happy how this thread is going now, stop being racist.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I've always wondered that Aussies are more shit than us simply because they only speak English.
I've always wondered that Hydrorage is more shit than us simply because he is a little whinging faggot.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
umm, sorry? Does your dick fit into the usb port? Would you like to show me how please?
Oh come on, do some better response then the same old shit everytime.
HAHAHA.

I love how this thread has turned out in the end.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I've always wondered that Hydrorage is more shit than us simply because he is a little whinging faggot.
i've always wondered that studentleader is a massive douche because he acts like hes top shit

BobMN

HSC
So what, you suggest we learn Mandarin?
No that's not what I meant. I meant because English is the most well known international language and as it is the national language of Australia too, then Aussies (or any other native English speaker for that matter) tend to be "lazy" in trying to understand other cultures. Why? Because as a native English speaker you don't have to put any effort in this stuff... You go to any other country you would expect them to know English rather than you trying to understand their language. This seems to be the case not only for the language but also culture, etc...
You wont know how big of a loss this is unless you learn a lot about another culture and speak another language very very fluently...
It is almost like you have another brain to think with, a different one that sees things that the other doesn't...
You can think in different languages and see different things... hard to explain.

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC
huge loss if you can talk cantonese, shanghainese, jap, korean behind their back

sinophile

HSC
N/A
To be honest, International Students annoy me. Well, just the males. They look pale and pasty. And they have these little disgusting habits, like not clipping their pinky fingernail to see how long it can grow, and the damn thing becomes yellow, not washing their hair everyday, not brushing their teeth in the morning so it has that sour rice smell.

And yes, Im asian.

Bendent

HSC
To be honest, International Students annoy me. Well, just the males. They look pale and pasty. And they have these little disgusting habits, like not clipping their pinky fingernail to see how long it can grow, and the damn thing becomes yellow, not washing their hair everyday, not brushing their teeth in the morning so it has that sour rice smell.

And yes, Im asian.
http://whimsicalstar.wordpress.com/

"
I just had my first chinese tutorial today and was made to sit next to this fat chinese guy. He quite strongly reeked of unwashed hair and his breath stunk of that sour rice smell. He told me he was an international student from china studying commerce, and chose this beginner’s chinese course for easy marks. He also told me that the lecturer LET him do the course, which is complete bullshit because the lecturer said in the lecture of week one (which, by the way, he told me he didn’t attend), that this was a course for beginners and if you weren’t one you had to discontinue immeadiatly. The fat guy was in effect, an ass, and I cringed at the prospect of being forced to be speaking partners for the rest of the semester, so I betrayed him. I sent an email to the lecturer saying there was a native speaker enrolled in the course and it was unethical to let him stay.
edit: I apologise if you were disappointed this was not a sexy story about my (non-existent) adventures having sex with cute female international students."

LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)