Do any of you consider yourselves geniuses? (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Farout I thought someone bumped the old thread on this. Turns out not so....

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
My EQ is considered to be in the genius range

wagig

HSC
I know a friend who is a genius at pun-making

braintic

HSC
N/A
Don't forget to deduct 20 points from your IQ if you believe in god.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
afaik genius is someone with IQ over 138 or 140 or something, many many BoS'ers fall into this category, although likewise these BoS'ers are very humble and probably would not explicitly denote themselves geniuses.

So, good luck finding someone who will TELL you "Yea im a genius"

lol
high iq a genius does not make

high iq a smart person does not even always make

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
high iq a genius does not make

high iq a smart person does not even always make
Pretty sure genius is defined by IQ.

Like it doesn't matter what you have done or achieved if you want the label genius you have to be professionally tested or some shit.

Did you guys hear G.W.Bush has a 165 IQ?

Meromaths

HSC

Like it doesn't matter what you have done or achieved if you want the label genius you have to be professionally tested or some shit.

Did you guys hear G.W.Bush has a 165 IQ?
Is there a reason why you take up so many fucking lines in your posts?

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

Not defined by IQ but has an incredibly vague link to IQ (i.e. legitimate geniuses have a high IQ, but it's warped logic to say everyone who is tested at a high IQ is a genius because someone else is)

And yes but like you said that's just a label given to you by self-proclaimed geniuses who aced a puzzle-solving test

seanieg89

HSC
Not defined by IQ but has an incredibly vague link to IQ (i.e. legitimate geniuses have a high IQ, but it's warped logic to say everyone who is tested at a high IQ is a genius because someone else is)

And yes but like you said that's just a label given to you by self-proclaimed geniuses who aced a puzzle-solving test
What makes a "legitimate genius" in your view?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Personally I believe genius is dependent on the architecture of ones brain.
Like gpu

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
What makes a "legitimate genius" in your view?
In the context of that post I was referring to people like Da Vinci, Tesla, Einstein, etc

To me personally it depends more on their aptitudes, capacity, and how far and quickly they excel at whatever it is they are a genius at.

Personally I believe genius is dependent on the architecture of ones brain.
Like gpu
That's an interesting way of looking at it? Care to elaborate a bit?

braintic

HSC
N/A
A person is not a genius just because he is intelligent enough to score a high IQ or perform well in the HSC. The term genius is used much too loosely these days, and someone who scores an ATAR of 99.95 cannot legitimately be called a genius until they do something revolutionary with their intellect. To be a genius, someone has to have the ability to come up with original ideas. (From Wikipedia) Immanuel Kant says: "Genius is a talent for producing something for which no determinate rule can be given, not a predisposition consisting of a skill for something that can be learned by following some rule or other."

Unless someone here is hiding something, no-one on here has made an earth-shattering discovery resulting from thinking beyond learned deterministic rules.
So sorry, none of you are geniuses (yet).

Iwillget9995

HSC
I technically meet the IQ requirements for genius? But I haven't done anything revolutionary haha. I do find school pretty easy though.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
A person is not a genius just because he is intelligent enough to score a high IQ or perform well in the HSC. The term genius is used much too loosely these days, and someone who scores an ATAR of 99.95 cannot legitimately be called a genius until they do something revolutionary with their intellect. To be a genius, someone has to have the ability to come up with original ideas. (From Wikipedia) Immanuel Kant says: "Genius is a talent for producing something for which no determinate rule can be given, not a predisposition consisting of a skill for something that can be learned by following some rule or other."

Unless someone here is hiding something, no-one on here has made an earth-shattering discovery resulting from thinking beyond learned deterministic rules.
So sorry, none of you are geniuses (yet).
+1

Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

ncoul

HSC
afaik genius is someone with IQ over 138 or 140 or something, many many BoS'ers fall into this category, although likewise these BoS'ers are very humble and probably would not explicitly denote themselves geniuses.

So, good luck finding someone who will TELL you "Yea im a genius"

lol
How do you explicitly denote something exactly?

Don't take this as an attack, I love your work!!

Edit: You're a genius.

Last edited:

ncoul

HSC
Hombad is a genius. He's like a boy version of ana akana LOL I saw pics of him.
'
'and NO i didnt say asa akira, I said ana akana, raywilliamjohnson's girlfriend
I'm pretty sure Asa Akira's a genius too Haya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)