Do Chuck Taylors only look good with jeans/pants? (1 Viewer)

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Last saturday my friend went out wearing a pair of black shorts, white chucks, a white top with a green blazer over the top...and white beads...she looked heaps hot. BUT...its not WHAT you wear...its how you wear it. And she wears everything well...

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
Chucks are timeless!
Absolutely. I like love my Hi-top Chucks ! *hugs them*, I love them cos of the comfrot factor and and not because its become some sudden trend. I can wear them anywhere cos theyre casual and just cos everyones wearing them, doesnt mean i cant. Though, i do get occasionally psd when i do see them everywhere but i dnt mind. I have like 2pairs of hi-top chucks -ones like, black and pink and the other is an army design so- its abit different to the usual blacks i see anyway.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im surprised im saying this but they look pretty cool with those knee length tailored pants

it sounds like a fashion shocker but on the right girl (girl only!!), it can look very funky

LOUGH_TDR

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Chucks are timeless!
U want a pair of timeless shoes? Look no further then Adidas Superstars or Adidas Stan Smiths

HSC
Chucks are oldschool.

The original ones havent changed for years.

I don't know why but i don't really like the black ones with black rubber.

Hey, what do you guys think - CTs or Vans?

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Chucks are oldschool.

thats a hard decision. I have both but id have to say nothing beats good old chucks

adsta

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Chucks are oldschool.

Thats true. My dad used to wear them and now I do. Looking at his photo's, they haven't changed much at all.

Yeah, those black ones with black rubber look pretty bad I reckon. I think it was Garth from waynes world that wore them in the movie. Kind of defeats the purpose of wearing chucks.

Oh, and to answer your question, CT's win easy over vans:)

HSC
i don't like the black/black ones either. the rubber just looks really shitty and overall they look too .. eh. i don't know. but yeah, i think chucks with skirts can be pulled off, as long as it fits the person and the kind of skirt they're wearing *shrug*

personally, i look shit in chucks. i practically live in my checkered vans though.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i live in my vans aswell. there are now holes in my vans, so i need a new pair of shoes - which will be a pair of CT's.
im thinking of getting the black distressed high tops.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Chucks are oldschool.

Actually, the shape of the toe and edge of the rubber cap has changed a little...
We determined this by comparing phil's black hi-tops to my girlfriends, his a regal 9 years old and hers a merely respectable 3...

The older one has a more definite curve to the edge of the and an ever so slightly less rounded toe.

Yes, we were bored. Don't judge us.

HSC
FreakTrigger said:
Actually, the shape of the toe and edge of the rubber cap has changed a little...
We determined this by comparing phil's black hi-tops to my girlfriends, his a regal 9 years old and hers a merely respectable 3...

The older one has a more definite curve to the edge of the and an ever so slightly less rounded toe.

Yes, we were bored. Don't judge us.
Whoah. Subtle differences, but kudos to you for noticing.

Could it possibly be a boy/girl thing? I mean, i know chucks are sorta unisex, but i don't see guys walking around in pink ones... not yet anyway :rolleyes:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
im really not a fan of chucks. we have a few at work (insport) and i cringe when anyone buys them, but alas, that's just my opinion.

however do i think girls can get away with wearing them with mini skirts.

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
i live in my vans aswell. there are now holes in my vans, so i need a new pair of shoes - which will be a pair of CT's.
im thinking of getting the black distressed high tops.
omg my vans have a hole in them too now! fuck im upset. even though i have two pairs in diff colours the nicer ones broke.. Im thinkin ill wait till i go to LA to get another pair though cuz they r so much cheaper.

and i really dont like the all black chucks. i see chicks wearing them to school with school skirts and they look so wrong.

and ive seen guys in HOT PINK chucks... oh so wrong. even if they are gay.

HSC
N/A
go_swans said:
or can u wear them with skirts/shorts etc. The low cut ones...
as long as you dont have totally beefy legs - chux are super sexxai with anything and everything, heck, probably even on their own

gooo chux ^^;!

HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
as long as you dont have totally beefy legs - chux are super sexxai with anything and everything, heck, probably even on their own

gooo chux ^^;!
true.

ahhh <33333 to chucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)