Do tutoring companies like i.e. matrix have access to 2012 CSSA papers? (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Ok so my friend went to this holiday accelerated course for chem (matrix qvb, july 2-6) in the first week of holidays, and when we got back to school he told me they gave the students past papers from exam choice, indep, cssa and so on. But when I asked him what they years they were from he got all protective...

I'm just really bothered because my chem trials are the actual CSSA 2012, and I'm not sure if he got the paper given to him in the course he went to

Demise

HSC
I highly doubt they'd be giving out these exams, they'd lose their educational license.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I doubt.
The CSSA take that kind of stuff very seriously. They visit here quite regularly as well.

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
they do have access to them and this tutor showed one of my mates the CSSA/Independent Trial 2012 for MX1 and MX2....lol (even physics I fink)

my mate full memorized the questions....so jelly! :L
This is not fair!!!

bertstare

HSC
they do have access to them and this tutor showed one of my mates the CSSA/Independent Trial 2012 for MX1 and MX2....lol (even physics I fink)

my mate full memorized the questions....so jelly! :L
This is not fair!!!
Wait...what?

Alkanes

HSC
Hmm I'm sure they have it cos some of them might be high school teachers. But I'm sure they'll respect the exam integrity by not disclosing any information to their students.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I doubt if they had access to the 2012 papers during the holidays simply because these papers weren't released to the schools until late Week 1 Term 3.

The only way a coaching college could have them would be if the tutors were on the actual team writing the papers and broke the confidentiality agreement.

However if there was a breach that would put the entire intregrity of the CSSA and the Independent trials system in doubt.

UnicornBlood

HSC
That's just stupid. I do know that Matrix has a lot of past papers and answers from some schools for students that are enrolled in the course (I was a student there) but having the 2012 CSSA papers is ridiculous.

I was on the Holiday Course for chemistry as well and I can confirm that they do give us paper paper questions from a lot of exams (it says Q??, year ???? from ????) to test us while we're on the course. It's no big deal but they do NOT have the 2012 CSSA trials.

Living Moment

HSC
No the company them self did not have it!!! people that work inside e.g. teachers and student did 100%, on the 1st week on holidays I saw the Chem /physics CSSA with my eyes and NO it was matrix, it was Alpha omega one of the past student abit in the head had them 100% no bullshit, the reason why I did take them is because my head teacher is making his own, he’s a cheap ass

But Yes 2012 CSSA and Independent were both in the hands of students first week of holidays and they were selling for $50 each, And that kid works for all three company, in the hardware and software.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
No the company them self did not have it!!! people that work inside e.g. teachers and student did 100%, on the 1st week on holidays I saw the Chem /physics CSSA with my eyes and NO it was matrix, it was Alpha omega one of the past student abit in the head had them 100% no bullshit, the reason why I did take them is because my head teacher is making his own, he’s a cheap ass

But Yes 2012 CSSA and Independent were both in the hands of students first week of holidays and they were selling for $50 each, And that kid works for all three company, in the hardware and software.
Man, I'd beat them up and take the paper LOL, not paying $50 :p

HSC
They don't have 2012 CSSA... (Matrix)

and What do you mean LivingMoment?? A person from alphaomega has access to those papers??

Last edited:

UnicornBlood

HSC
But Yes 2012 CSSA and Independent were both in the hands of students first week of holidays and they were selling for $50 each.
Oh, please. Why on earth would they be distributing the 2012 CSSA trial exams? Not only does that defeat the purpose of setting an exam to test students but also the 2012 CSSA trial papers were only seen by teachers on the first week of Term 3 so they couldn't have been able to get the papers two weeks in advance.

micwes12

HSC
they can't have given them out, the schools only got them in the first week because all the teachers told us when they had them (but obviously wouldn't tell us what was on them!) CSSA are pretty protective of them- my english teacher is on the board that writes them and he wouldn't give us any hints at all, just reiterated what he's been saying all year about possibilities for the exam.
AND
It doesn't really make it unfair to other schools in the long run because when they moderate the marks, BOS will look and say "obviously that school marked the papers really easy, lets scale the other schools up".

Living Moment

HSC
I never said the company give them out, how stupid can you get, it's the student and past students, NO company will be stupid to risk the licence for a trails exam =/

Living Moment

HSC
It doesn't really make it unfair to other schools in the long run because when they moderate the marks, BOS will look and say "obviously that school marked the papers really easy, lets scale the other schools up".
And that too

UnicornBlood

HSC
it's the student and past students
Why/How would a past student have the 2012 CSSA Trial papers? I'm just asking but are you sure you understand the point of this thread? 2012 CSSA Paper = Exams we are doing RIGHT NOW and not papers from a year ago or whatever. They're papers that we are going to do in the next week and a half as well as the ones we've finished in the past three days. Just making sure

I think it is unfair that some students have access to the exam papers before the actual exam. It's gives them an unfair advantage by allowing them to prepare for the exam before hand while other students just study the entire syllabus blindly. It's basically cheating. "it doesn't really make it unfair" if you cheat? What?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Living Moment: CSSA and the Board of Studies regularly monitor this forum. Not long ago CSSA contacted a BOS member's school after they posted here that they had the CSSA exam. If you are being loose with the truth here I'd strongly advise against it as you WILL get caught up in an investigation by CSSA (and the Board on claims your friend will try to get the HSC paper). Both are highly protective of the integrity of their exams for obvious reasons and are not going to entertain a joke.

Peeik

HSC
Just a question, is posting past CSSA papers on the BOS illegal? Is it also illegal for posting up past papers from other schools?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)