• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do u think class of 2004 is crap (relatively) (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well we're not gonna have a 99.85 this year, thats for sure.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I know the year below mine (who are currently in year 12) were terrible in year 11 and since our year set like a platinum standard last year, they're gonna look disastrous.

waterfowl

HSC
My year this year is also quite lazy. Hard competing with last year - a lot of committed people. The thing is though last year there was about 30 people in year 12 and this year there are almost 200!
The problem is this is only the second year the campus has been open so they want us to do really well to make them look good.

Cicciolina

HSC
My year got the whole "you're the smartest, most ambitious year to come through for a long time" talk. :S Which sucks because my rankings are not that great obviously. We've never had so many people do extension subjects before either, and everyone is so bloody competitive!

A

abdo

coroneos said:
lol if u think 92 avg is high.. RUSE MEDIAN = 99.3
yes thats medium, how do you know ruse avg is not below 92?

edit: cause you do know that the upper bound limit for uai is 100 and the lower bound limit is 30 right?

Last edited by a moderator:

coroneos

ummm how can the average be 92 if the median is like 99.3 + lowest UAI in ruse is like 91 or something.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Our year co-ordinator called us all a bunch of "no-hopers" and that we are the worst year 12 he's ever had :rolleyes:

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
coroneos said:
ummm how can the average be 92 if the median is like 99.3 + lowest UAI in ruse is like 91 or something.
The average would probably be about 99 so some argue that Ruse underperforms (a frightening thought). If they truly did have the best 160 in the state, they should be looking at a mean of at least 99.75 (which is around top 200).

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
apparently my year is the 'rebel' year.. that all the teaches bitch about

Winston

HSC
It's all equal i guess... but if statistics wise proves that as years progress on, students academic performance are degrading haha i wonder what's there to account for? The internet? Heaps of shit i think.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Winston said:
It's all equal i guess... but if statistics wise proves that as years progress on, students academic performance are degrading haha i wonder what's there to account for? The internet? Heaps of shit i think.
Maybe it isnt degrading at all. Its possible that over the years students are getting used to the HSC layout (syllabus etc.) and this means that it becomes increasingly difficult to obtain a high UAI since everyone does so well.

HSC
i can see my school doing downhill once we leave...i can't really see anyone who has potential to reach high 90s (maybe 2 or 3 people), especially from yr 10 downwards.

persephone

HSC
my grade's been called the best one that they've seen so far. They said they were disappointed with last year's (the 03ers) because they left their exams early to go th macca's. Our highest last year was 98 point something and our school was apparently devastated. They think we have enormous potential. Yeah..right...the 02ers are what our school has to live up to. highest was 99.1. But i reckon one chick in our year will get a 100 no probs. i reckon class of 04, overall, is a smart but LAZY year...

Last edited:

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
BULLSHIT!!​

YR12 2004 is the best, most fun at least, that LA SALLE LITHGOW have ever had or our teachers have ever had.
Maybe the smartest but we get by.

I dont know wat u lot r like then!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
coroneos said:
Because if half of the people got>99, but then the rest got 50.

FcUk

teachers tell the same shit to every year that this is the best year they have had...it all a confidence boost because u will get better marks wen ur conifdent

nickw...

HSC
N/A
yeah....must of been somthing in the air the year we were conceived?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)