• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

Garygaz

HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

i think all the evidence in the world points to the fact that science has proved that the history of the universe and evolution is incompatible with all of today's religions. as lawrence krauss, one of the most prolific astronomers of today says, he cannot discount the probability of a deist like god. it really comes down to pre-bigbang and the fact that quarks/energy/(if you're into this shit)strings in conventional thinking have to have an origin.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

Sorry D:

Nah, all good. I enjoy the debates on this topic, but dislike personal attacks.

'hsc 2011'

you are not an ncap moderator you have no place moderating discussions here

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

'hsc 2011'

you are not an ncap moderator you have no place moderating discussions here
Wasn't trying to moderate per se, just tone down the level of abuse >.< Sorry for trying to be nice!

cheese_cheese

HSC

It is not a choice to 'believe'. God loves each and every person.

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A

"All the religions are superfunny to me," Parker adds. "The story of Jesus makes no sense to me. God sent his only son. Why could God only have one son and why would he have to die? It's just bad writing, really. And it's really terrible in about the second act."

But Parker says atheism is more ludicrous to him than anything else.

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories -- which are greatly, wonderfully ridiculous -- the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe and it's expanding and it's all going to collapse on itself and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz. That to me, is the most ridiculous explanation ever," he says. "So I think we have a big atheism show coming."

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I agree, not his greatest moment.
Yea, that statement seems like a rather broad generalisation, but I guess the same could be said about his Christianity comment.

He called me "batshit insane" and you tell me not to make personal attacks?!!!! How are you a moderator?!!!
Well.... thing is I didn't tell you exactly, it was a general comment to the thread ;)

Garygaz

HSC

"All the religions are superfunny to me," Parker adds. "The story of Jesus makes no sense to me. God sent his only son. Why could God only have one son and why would he have to die? It's just bad writing, really. And it's really terrible in about the second act."

But Parker says atheism is more ludicrous to him than anything else.

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories -- which are greatly, wonderfully ridiculous -- the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe and it's expanding and it's all going to collapse on itself and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz. That to me, is the most ridiculous explanation ever," he says. "So I think we have a big atheism show coming."
who the fuck is parker. he is a fucking dolt who clearly is going off the whole 'ignorance is bliss' agenda.

Osborn

HSC
I do indeed believe in God, due to my own extensive research!
www.creation.com is an interesting site talking about contradictions in the Bible.

RANK 1

HSC
I do indeed believe in God, due to my own extensive research!
www.creation.com is an interesting site talking about contradictions in the Bible.
cant be bothered going through the site, but please explain to me how the genocidal god in the old testament suddenly becomes an loving and caring god.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
cant be bothered going through the site, but please explain to me how the genocidal god in the old testament suddenly becomes an loving and caring god.
i dont think those biblical recordings directly reflected to confrontations god

but more-so of what a god represented to them at the time
a metaphorical being that morally coerced them into followed their societal laws

then Jesus came and advocated a God of love not vengeance
- supported by Paul of Tarsus and etc

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
One of the hallmarks of schizophrenia, is thinking that you don't have schizophrenia.

Most schizophrenics don't hear voices, perceiving an imperceptible presence sounds exactly like schizophrenia.
True dat.

battler1

HSC
N/A

hahahaha bloody fuck m8

you aren't even a mod here go away this section is perfectly moderated and doesn't need a bunch of power hungry new mods to fuck it up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)