Do you think the pace of immigration should be slowed downed (1 Viewer)

Do you think the pace of immigration should be slowed downed

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Get ready for the biggest Asian colonisation of the Western World. We have been learning from you Western teachers about Empire, prestige and power. We will make the Western civilization evolve into the Asian civilisation around the Western world. Western nations around the world are falling to the peaceful invaders (us the Asians) like dominoes. Soon we will rule the world. Together we will unite as Asians and create a cohesive society in Australia. World domination is the goal. We are the New Machiavellian we are courageous as a lion and cunning as a fox. I take this oath "I swear allegiance to the people of Australia, the flag and the rule of law". Let us together unite as Australians and write a new page in our nations history. My Australian comrades this is the Asian Century. I speak with prophecy and I tell my people that they are holy and when I am gone just carry on. Don't feel the pain, just smile back. Asian immigration is splendid for Australia. What's good for big business is good for Australia. As a supporter of Howardism (John Winston Howard, former PM of Australia) I say we the Asians will decide who comes to this nation and the circumstances and the circumstances under which they come. I thank the nation.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Get ready for the biggest Asian colonisation of the Western World. We have been learning from you Western teachers about Empire, prestige and power. We will make the Western civilization evolve into the Asian civilisation around the Western world. Western nations around the world are falling to the peaceful invaders (us the Asians) like dominoes. Soon we will rule the world. Together we will unite as Asians and create a cohesive society in Australia. World domination is the goal. We are the New Machiavellian we are courageous as a lion and cunning as a fox. I take this oath "I swear allegiance to the people of Australia, the flag and the rule of law". Let us together unite as Australians and write a new page in our nations history. My Australian comrades this is the Asian Century. I speak with prophecy and I tell my people that they are holy and when I am gone just carry on. Don't feel the pain, just smile back. Asian immigration is splendid for Australia. What's good for big business is good for Australia. As a supporter of Howardism (John Winston Howard, former PM of Australia) I say we the Asians will decide who comes to this nation and the circumstances and the circumstances under which they come. I thank the nation.
U ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
what in the actual, i dont even

asparagus

HSC
N/A
Get ready for the biggest Asian colonisation of the Western World.
The West has only allowed Asia to develop because we've outsourced our jobs to asia and dropped our import taxes on your cheap exports.

All we have to do is get the united states to put a 25% tax on all goods made in china and China's economy goes into recession. We'd be quite capable to pay $5 more for our toiletseats whereas for them its back to the rice padi. India's screwed up government means nothing gets done, and government projects are full of corruption and bribery where nothing gets built properly because someone is scraping something off of the top. China's obsession with central planning sees them building the largest property bubble in history and sustaining 7 per cent growth through the easiest way possible ie bridges to nowhere and towns nobody wants to live in.

If what your saying is true why isn't japan a dominant global power rather that a country drowning in its own debt and bankrupted its own airline because they built too many airports.

China will have to keep growing until about 2050 to have anything like the economic power the United States does.

They also dont have sufficient military capability, aerospace technology, weapons capabilities etc. When it comes to military technology the USA and the UK are huge innovators.

The western founder nations will always control the united nations because we won and we get a seat at the table.

The western countries also use the washington consensus to protect their economic horizons and enrich our companies at the expense of poorer nations around the world.

The West, namely the United States will always be the superior nation to the entire world because the best and brightest want to move there to pursue opportunities they can't pursue in non western countries.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
The West has only allowed Asia to develop because we've outsourced our jobs to asia and dropped our import taxes on your cheap exports.

All we have to do is get the united states to put a 25% tax on all goods made in china and China's economy goes into recession. We'd be quite capable to pay $5 more for our toiletseats whereas for them its back to the rice padi. India's screwed up government means nothing gets done, and government projects are full of corruption and bribery where nothing gets built properly because someone is scraping something off of the top. China's obsession with central planning sees them building the largest property bubble in history and sustaining 7 per cent growth through the easiest way possible ie bridges to nowhere and towns nobody wants to live in.

If what your saying is true why isn't japan a dominant global power rather that a country drowning in its own debt and bankrupted its own airline because they built too many airports.

China will have to keep growing until about 2050 to have anything like the economic power the United States does.

They also dont have sufficient military capability, aerospace technology, weapons capabilities etc. When it comes to military technology the USA and the UK are huge innovators.

The western founder nations will always control the united nations because we won and we get a seat at the table.

The western countries also use the washington consensus to protect their economic horizons and enrich our companies at the expense of poorer nations around the world.

The West, namely the United States will always be the superior nation to the entire world because the best and brightest want to move there to pursue opportunities they can't pursue in non western countries.
why

asparagus

HSC
N/A
because even though china's economy is number 2, there's a huge chasm between the size of china's economy and the size of the united states'

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
"Multicultural immigrants" have built countries so shit they dont even want to stay in them themselves

gee im sure they're going to help western countries
yeah fuck all these white people leaving europe, what a bunch of dumbass' for trying to find a better opportunity overseas.

i find it funny when white people get scared that they're not going to be a majority in their own country.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

you just went full retard.

You do realize half of the world's economic output was in China and India before the 1800s when they got raped and pillaged right? You also realize China is a huge technocracy, only promoting people who actually have skills and brains. they just don't pick any random motherfucker to be their leader for a decade. Of course they're going to have central planning, you know since it's a communist country. There's always going to be economic mismanagement, it's not like America doesn't have towns nobody wants to live in and bridge being built to nowhere.

GL on getting the united states, you know the country that has been pushing free trade to every motherfucker on the planet to jack up their tariffs. You jack up tariffs China will STILL import huge amounts of goods because they make shit so goddamn cheap.

Japan was a former global economic power, it's just their economic policies have truly fucked them and it has a lot to do with the culture as well.

Why are you even comparing military power? Unless you plan to become the world police nobody really gives a shit about fielding a large standing army. High tech weaponry is only cost effective when you're actually fighting a conventional military.

Sure people will go to America for a better education and what not, but China and India is doing a great job on getting people to go back home. Look at all the shit chinese engineers stole while working at American defense firms.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yeah fuck all these white people leaving europe, what a bunch of dumbass' for trying to find a better opportunity overseas.
Leaving europe for other white countries

leaving european countries which were still better than all other non-white countries

i find it funny when white people get scared that they're not going to be a majority in their own country.
why is it funny? Most non-white majority countries are shit, so why would we want a country full of people who can't even make a country worth living in

HE went full retard? Not, say, Sathius?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Leaving europe for other white countries

leaving european countries which were still better than all other non-white countries

why is it funny? Most non-white majority countries are shit, so why would we want a country full of people who can't even make a country worth living in

HE went full retard? Not, say, Sathius?
yeah i guess living in japan korea and singapore are complete shitholes too.

yeah fuck all these people moving to different countries for better opportunities. if you have any irish in you i'd find your racism extremely ironic.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
because even though china's economy is number 2, there's a huge chasm between the size of china's economy and the size of the united states'
in terms of what? and who do general trends of economic growth favour?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yeah i guess living in japan korea and singapore are complete shitholes too.
People from japan, korea and singapore aren't the ones immigrating en masse.

yeah fuck all these people moving to different countries for better opportunities.
Lmao, I never got that argument. So what if they're coming here for better opportunities? Is that supposed to be admirable or something? I mean, if trying to make things better for yourself is a noble motive, what isn't?

They come here to help improve things for themself, which is not own its own a bad thing, but its also nothing noble. It's what literally everyone tries to do. I mean, don't begrudge that man who mugged you, he's just trying to make a better life for himself.

you have any irish in you i'd find your racism extremely ironic.
not really. Irish are white.

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Great, we had the White Australia Policy in the past and now this. What does he want now, an Asian Australian Policy?

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically .... Australians were (and are descendants ) immigrants, the true "Australians" were the aboriginals...... They just got displaced, and the British considered themselves the "first " people on the island

asparagus

HSC
N/A

You do realize half of the world's economic output was in China and India before the 1800s when they got raped and pillaged right?
You mean before England and America had the industrial revolution and invented basically everything

You also realize China is a huge technocracy, only promoting people who actually have skills and brains. they just don't pick any random motherfucker to be their leader for a decade. Of course they're going to have central planning, you know since it's a communist country. There's always going to be economic mismanagement, it's not like America doesn't have towns nobody wants to live in and bridge being built to nowhere.
America doesn't build bridges to nowhere because they dont have a central government dictating a particular percentage economic growth where the easiest way for provinces to achieve this is just by continuing to build things.

GL on getting the united states, you know the country that has been pushing free trade to every motherfucker on the planet to jack up their tariffs. You jack up tariffs China will STILL import huge amounts of goods because they make shit so goddamn cheap.
The truth is they need us more than we need them. Chinese people dont import things.

Why are you even comparing military power? Unless you plan to become the world police nobody really gives a shit about fielding a large standing army. High tech weaponry is only cost effective when you're actually fighting a conventional military.
If you want to be the number one country you need to be the world police. The united states guarantees the safety of the world's shipping lanes, helps out with international aid and disaster relief, enforces competition law and reofrm in foreign jurisdictions, the USA still helps dictate who can and can't have nuclear weapons for the safety of the world.

The USA has strategic interests in the militarization of space, nasa, missile defence systems, they are also world innovators in unmanned drone techology, chemical warfare and surveillance tech.

Just like in the british empire the UK government invested so much money in ship building and naval might which allowed them to expand and express economic and colonial dominane, the american system gives their country distinct advantages that other countries do not invest in.

Last edited:

asparagus

HSC
N/A
Technically .... Australians were (and are descendants ) immigrants, the true "Australians" were the aboriginals...... They just got displaced, and the British considered themselves the "first " people on the island
so did every other indigenous non-civilisation in the world.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
cool

but the only reason anyone wants to immigrate to australia is because of the society created by the british and their descendents

asparagus

HSC
N/A
3 Reasons Why China isn't overtaking the United States

1. They confuse growth rates with total growth

Since 1991, China’s per capita income grew 15 percent annually, and its military spending rose 10 percent annually. By contrast, America’s per capita income and military spending grew at annual rates of 4 percent and 2 percent respectively. Yes, 15 is greater than 4, and 10 is greater than 2. What could be simpler?

But growth rates are not comparable. The average Chinese income in 2010 was $7,500. Fifteen percent of $7,500 is actually less money than 4 percent of $47,000, the average American income that year. Despite China’s higher growth rates, the average Chinese citizen is $17,000 poorer compared with the average American today than he was in 1991.

Over the same time period, Chinese military spending declined by $140 billion relative to America’s, even when excluding funds for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. China’s growth rates are high because its starting point was low. China is rising, but it is not catching up.

2. 2. Many observers rely on flawed indicators to gauge Chinese economic power

For example, some analysts believe that China is the world’s “leading technology-based economy” because it exports more high-technology products than any other country.

But Chinese high-tech exports are not very Chinese and not very high-tech: Over 90 percent are produced by foreign firms and consist of imported components that are merely assembled in China. These percentages have increased over time, a trend that suggests Chinese firms are falling further behind foreign competitors. Indeed, in any category – research and development, patents, profits – Chinese high-tech firms have fallen further behind their American counterparts over the last two decades.

Another misleading statistic is China’s debt-to-GDP ratio, which the Chinese government lists at 17 percent. America’s debt-to-GDP ratio, by contrast, will remain above 60 percent through 2020.

But most Chinese state spending is not reported in official figures because it is funneled through investment entities connected to local governments. Studies that account for this spending place China’s debt-to-GDP ratio between 75 and 150 percent.

And things are only likely to get worse for China. Because of the one-child policy, China will soon suffer the most severe aging process in human history. The ratio of Chinese workers per retiree will plummet from 8:1 today to 2:1 by 2040. The fiscal cost of this swing in dependency ratios alone may exceed 100 percent of China’s GDP. The American working-age population, by contrast, will expand by 17 percent over the next 40 years. America’s fiscal future may not be bright, but it is brighter than China’s.

3. People mistake size for power

China will soon boast the largest economy in the world, and many observers interpret this event as a power transition between the United States and China.

But size is not power. After all, China was the world’s largest economy during its “century of humiliation” when it was ripped apart by Western powers and Japan. Britain, by contrast, ruled a quarter of the globe in the 19th century but was never, even at its peak, the largest economy. In fact, Britain’s GDP was half the size of China’s and far smaller than India’s when it invaded and subjugated both nations.

Of course, China’s size makes it an important player on transnational issues, particularly climate change and trade. Moreover, China’s military can threaten the United States without catching up, compensating for technological inferiority with asymmetric strategies and a greater willingness to take risks and bear casualties.

But China is not an emerging superpower in the mold of the Soviet Union, nor is it a great power like early-twentieth century Germany. It is a large developing country and will remain so for the foreseeable future. Americans, therefore, should not fear China. But neither should they shy away from competing with this rising power for influence in Asia.

Michael Beckley is a research fellow in the International Security Program at Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs and a fellow at the Miller Center at the University of Virginia. This article is based on a study in International Security, a quarterly journal of international affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)