• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you think this is right? (1 Viewer)

Do you think this is fair?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don't know/ i'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Miz Janani

HSC
I attend Elizabeth Macarthur High School (South-western suburbs of Sydney) and am absolutely appalled at the way the principal is disregarding senior students.

As of Monday 18th May 2009, classes with less than 11 students will not be taught for 2 lessons in a cycle (fortnight in my school's case).

So basically, any class with less than 11 kids will have less teacher time.

THIS AFFECTS A TOTAL OF 10 CLASSES IN YEAR 12!!

Luckily (although i clearly am still enraged) my maths class is the only class that will be affected. So for the 2 periods in a fortnight where we will not have a teacher (the teacher will be supervising another JUNIOR class) we have to TEACH OURSELVES that lessons work.

Although 2 periods a fortnight may not see like much, it is majorly affecting our HSC results.

Why is this happening?
Our school has a shortage of teachers for the junior kids. So th principla had decided to even it out

I know this post is very repetitive, and i really just am ranting to get rid of my anger but do you think it is right?
Shouldn't seniors have number 1 priority in the school?

Thanx,
Janani

yummy-cookies

HSC
No way is this fair. It is the duty of the school to provide you with teachers - honestly, is it even allowed for teachers to leave you there without supervision. If the school doesn't have enough teachers to go around, they'll just have to hire more teachers. Is the teacher shortage really that bad that they can't hire anyone at all?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I attend Elizabeth Macarthur High School (South-western suburbs of Sydney) and am absolutely appalled at the way the principal is disregarding senior students.

As of Monday 18th May 2009, classes with less than 11 students will not be taught for 2 lessons in a cycle (fortnight in my school's case).

So basically, any class with less than 11 kids will have less teacher time.

THIS AFFECTS A TOTAL OF 10 CLASSES IN YEAR 12!!

Luckily (although i clearly am still enraged) my maths class is the only class that will be affected. So for the 2 periods in a fortnight where we will not have a teacher (the teacher will be supervising another JUNIOR class) we have to TEACH OURSELVES that lessons work.

Although 2 periods a fortnight may not see like much, it is majorly affecting our HSC results.

Why is this happening?
Our school has a shortage of teachers for the junior kids. So th principla had decided to even it out

I know this post is very repetitive, and i really just am ranting to get rid of my anger but do you think it is right?
Shouldn't seniors have number 1 priority in the school?

Thanx,
Janani
The Principal is fuked in the head, Senior > Junior

Juniors can go get burnt if they want, Senior is all that matters imo

HSC
wtf? your school is screwed. my only subject with less than 11 students is bio & if we lost 2 periods id freak!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Not fair at all. Silly, stupid, outrageous and various other adjectives, but not fair.

EDIT: I've got 2 classes with less than 11 students (German and German extension)

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Woah thats pretty slack,
senior >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> junior :)

Miz Janani

HSC
Go complain
But what can i complain about?

The principal is doing this to make sure that all students receive an equal amount of teacher time. So basically, we're being taught to much >.<
But what evidence do i have to say that it is bad? Sure, the marks will reflect upon it, but by then it will be way too late. And as with all complaints, you need evidence to say how it will affect the students.
But seriously, the junior class benefit because a maths teacher wont be able to teach art, or vice versa.

Oh, btw.. Is there a compulsory amount of hours that we have to be taught by a teacher?

My school is really frustrating me now!!! :burn::burn::burn::burn::burn:

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
natural selection
Lolz.

This isn't fair at all. The can't just make a decision like this mid-year. The classes shouldn't have even been started in the first place. Just means more study for you!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
its a bit unfair, but i think its okay as long as you get the minimum required time set by the BOS for the subject

allira92

HSC
That's what my brother is going to do on Monday. But the board of studies doesn't really have a say with what the school does. Do they?

Thanx
they have a say if your not being taught the required amount of hrs cause then the school isnt following Bos requirements

and that sux majorly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)