Does anyone else feel they've stuffed up HSC? (1 Viewer)

ahranee96

HSC
community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26681 I think ipt b6 is like 82

and yes if you smash these exams i reckon you got a shot at it, your school rank will help also. how were you ranked in these subjects?

I was ranked:
1/10 for IPT
1/97 for Maths
2/60 for Chem
3/150 for English Advanced
5/37 for Biology
18/94 for Maths Extension
18/54 for English Extension.

I did pretty bad in the extension, don't think they are gonna count. But since I stuffed up English advanced in external maybe it will.

So what do you reckon... do I have a chance at 97 if I get very very low band 6s and maybe one band 5 for my subjects? Or is it our of my league and I should look for another career option?

Ugh... and I spent like freaking long on this. And UMAT. Stuff high school marks!

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I was ranked:
1/10 for IPT
1/97 for Maths
2/60 for Chem
5/37 for Biology

I did pretty bad in the extension, don't think they are gonna count. But since I stuffed up English advanced in external maybe it will.

So what do you reckon... do I have a chance at 97 if I get very very low band 6s and maybe one band 5 for my subjects? Or is it our of my league and I should look for another career option?

Ugh... and I spent like freaking long on this. And UMAT. Stuff high school marks!
depends on your school rank, I reckon if in top 50 you have a shot at 97

you sound like you need a hug.

*hugs*

Last edited:

ahranee96

HSC
depends on your school rank, I reckon if in top 50 you have a shot at 97
Yeah it's somewhere in the top 25, I think... I'm not really up with the times but should be early 20s...

But I don't know... f-ed the externals so bad. Shoulda studied more...

leesh95

HSC
I am soooooooooooo glad... and sympathetic (cause that would mean you guys are feeling as crap as me) that you all feel the same way. It's like a freaking nightmare. I feel good about a test. come home. Look at this and... just count off the marks in my head.

Chem... was the most disappointing. So was maths, and okay... I should just list all my subjects....

And I still have bio and ipt. And I've pretty much given up hope. I have yet to even study the topics again. Gotta memorise 200 pages in like 3-ish days. Totally... possible... *SARCASM*

ugh... I'm screwed.

I feel absolutely crap. Join my club...

Career as pediatrician is flying slowly out the window. And it's way to high for me to catch it now. I'm screwed. Might as well just help it and open the window to let it out!
I feel just as you do. My (Asian) parents feel like an ATAR of 99.95 is handed to you on a plate. I am so sick of hearing how amazing everyone in my family is and how I have to live up to the standards blah blah blah...

I have messed up the HSC so bad can't even explain in words. I also have some anxiety issues but my school won't let me apply for special provisions. After the exams I look at the exam paper at home and think oh yeah I could have done this but when in the actual exam my mind is blank.

I really can't bear to look at the hurt faces of my parents on 19th December and the scorn of my extended family. It hurts cause I am usually a very good student but I stressed out too much for the HSC. :(

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I was ranked:
1/10 for IPT
1/97 for Maths
2/60 for Chem
5/37 for Biology

99 if u did well in externals. you are pretty close to dux at ur school with those ranks. look at what ur did got last year.

Siddy123

HSC
I feel just as you do. My (Asian) parents feel like an ATAR of 99.95 is handed to you on a plate. I am so sick of hearing how amazing everyone in my family is and how I have to live up to the standards blah blah blah...

I have messed up the HSC so bad can't even explain in words. I also have some anxiety issues but my school won't let me apply for special provisions. After the exams I look at the exam paper at home and think oh yeah I could have done this but when in the actual exam my mind is blank.

I really can't bear to look at the hurt faces of my parents on 19th December and the scorn of my extended family. It hurts cause I am usually a very good student but I stressed out too much for the HSC. :(
just bs your atar to em
worked a charm for me last year
i am now studying a prestigious course at uws college
#getonmylevel

ahranee96

HSC

I'm sorry it's like that for you. My parents are very supportive as in they comfort me when I do badly. And they always just tell me to do my best. But you know, it's not all bad. You don't have to get 99.95 to get to where you need. For med, everyone thinks that's what you need but it's no where near that high. All you need is 95 for UWS med. And I know people say UWS is not that great but a course somewhere is better than no course at all.

Just try not to think about it too much and just do you best. That's all you can do. You should place standards on yourself best on what you can achieve not what your family achieves.

ahranee96

HSC
99 if u did well in externals. you are pretty close to dux at ur school with those ranks. look at what ur did got last year.
Really? Really? You make me feel so hopeful right now. Although I did crap in externals, maybe I still have a chance.

And thanks for the hugs! Really appreciated. :)

btw, is that eunji on your profile pic thing? If it is, I guess I see a kpop fan! Kpop>Studying right now.... Should change that! I should...

Hypem

HSC
If I could go back and re-do it, I'd pick higher scaling subjects. Physics is the only one I do that scales well, so I'm kinda hoping it'll save me a bit.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Maths and physics were supposed to be my carries. Then I did the HSC exams for them...

Focus is Key

HSC
I was riding on Cafs and Ancientvto carry my atar. Turns out they gave out possibly the hardest exams ever for of those subjects

Makematics

HSC
I was riding on Cafs and Ancientvto carry my atar. Turns out they gave out possibly the hardest exams ever for of those subjects
Yeah but thats alright because then you'll still be in the same percentile as before

ncoul

HSC
Modern and legal were supposed to be my boosters....Then I could only get 5 hours sleep the night before each

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Really? Really? You make me feel so hopeful right now. Although I did crap in externals, maybe I still have a chance.

btw, is that eunji on your profile pic thing? If it is, I guess I see a kpop fan! Kpop>Studying right now.... Should change that! I should...
It's my crush.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

Yeah it's Eunji... on my avatar, not ObliviousNinja's. Dame... even people on the internet get us mixed up and just not teachers at school (#Asiansatawhitedominatedprivateschool)

It's my crush.
Oi. Eunji's my bias, not yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)