Does anyone here go to swimming/athletics carnivals? (1 Viewer)

Do you go to swimming/athletic carnivals

• Yes

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Guess it's a nice topic for discussion.
Me personally, I havn't been to either since year 7 well not including one athletics carnival last year where I was there for half a day, lol.

Last edited:

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I don't mind the Cross Country or Athletics Carnival since I personally participate in them. But for swimming, year after year,I'm getting less motivated to go. Expect that my since my school is Co-ed there's always a little motivation to go. ;p

Aysce

HSC
Why don't you like them? I fail at athletics but just run for teh lolz but for swimming carnivals I go in almost every race, since I kinda luv dat feel of swimming. Make the most of your carnivals though, it beats staying at home and doing nothing and that in general, you should make the most of your high school life because I don't think there's going to be anything similar to that experience.

Maybe I'm just a tad nostalgic but those are my two cents.

Examine

same
HSC
Went to Zone swimming yesterday, going to regionals.

Rackshea

HSC
I've probably only been to the swimming carnival 3 times. Once in year 8, Once in year 9 and once in year 10. Our Athletics carnival is on the school oval, so I've been to most of them (I think it was only one year that I skipped, Year 11) and I never bother running in the Cross Country, I always just walk it.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I always go to our athletics carnivals - they're always really fun :D Plus I participate in some races.
Never go to the swimming carnivals, though, except for the compulsory year 7 one.

zeebobDD

HSC
lol are u kidding always go to athletics, used to run regionals/chs though my fitness has dropped heaps, swimming carnival is jus fkn boring

SunnyScience

HSC
Only because I haven't missed one day in my entire high school life >> + my friends go :p

Coookies

HSC
I see them as a day off even though they are "compulsory" LOL

dylanbigdaddy

HSC
I never really have apart from in year 7. I had to go to the swimming carnival this year being on the student executive. I have to say that even though I was participating in the races I enjoyed supporting those who did. raising school spirit, fundraising that sort of thing. Even if you're not there to be active it's a great way to interact with the school community. It's not often that you get to do that. And I agree with Aysce here. You don't get many opportunities like this.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You people were missing out on the swimming carnivals :p

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I went unless I was sick. (I'm always sick but still went to school when we learnt stuff)
Also, the last year (maybe two) swimming carnivals were the best. ;)
Also, I missed my year 12 athletics carnival because it was the same day as UMAT.

SanjoyM

HSC
Yes:) It's a nice, relaxing study free day:) Loved the swimming carnival this year! Best ever! Then, you return to 'HSC life'.

leesh95

HSC
At my friends school only 23 people turned up for the swimming carnival

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)