• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
wow! Dude I'm sorry for an obvious mistake with my words. But just wow! I'm just simply amazed with your reaction.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
Alright, I should probably expand upon that.
I just couldn't believe you could call that statement thoughtful, especially after I justified (and I use that term loosely) it with another statement that was completely irrelevant and ridiculous. You repeatedly prove how much of a life-failure you are. I wish you had given up when you said you would before.
Seriously what the fuck? ALL atheists are communists. That would also mean all capitalists were religious.
And do you have the memory of a goldfish or something? I was arguing with you in this thread about similar junk before.
You could just post "T-Mac" in the Abortion thread and the argument would be over. He's the best reason for abortion I'm yet to come across.
And wait. Didn't I just clarify why I support the fact that atheists are commies. Didn't I just clarify that not literally did I mean that atheists are commies? I think you should doubt who's the goldfish first before you question my memory.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
T-mac01 said:
And wait. Didn't I just clarify why I support the fact that atheists are commies. Didn't I just clarify that not literally did I mean that atheists are commies? I think you should doubt who's the goldfish first before you question my memory.
You didn't clarify or explain anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
lengy said:

• 1) the government believes Li’s teachings endanger people, mainly due to the teachings regarding medicine;
  • 2) the government believes Li’s teachings were gaining enough adherents across China and specifically within the CCP to be a potential rival ideologically;
  • 3) because Li moved to the US and has, according to the government’s view, linked up with those in the west who wish to see the fall of the CCP.[1]
What kind of a government is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

HSC
KFunk said:
There are individuals who are atheists but not communists so the strongest claim you can make is that some atheists are communists- which is fairly uninteresting, kind of like 'some nurses play musical instruments'. The end.
Lol.

True

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
BTW, for those of you that have come in here saying this debate does nothing, it could just be further education at uni or growing up etc... but to me reading member's posts back at page 1-80 compared with now and I can notice a big improvement in logic, debate style, ettiquette etc.

K

katie_tully

I can't. I can just notice that Sam04u isn't posting, and his absence alone has lifted the average IQ of posters by about 90.

proGENITOR

HSC
For the original question posed here I feel like answering.

Really the answer to the question if God exists or not is always going to be open for debate.
There is no way to prove or disprove the existance of God, especially when at a time where we don't even have an understanding of the supernatural beyond the realm of pseudosceince.

In my opinion, yes, God exists (in some form), but still I beleive that the whole idea cannot be proved or disproved and really is something we need to come to a decision about ourselves...

We will never be able to prove it or disprove it unless God (in whatever form he/she/it is) decides to come down and show us that they exist or prove to us with some spectacular sign in the sky, and even if that did happen I'm sure most people wont beleive it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
proGENITOR said:
For the original question posed here I feel like answering.

Really the answer to the question if God exists or not is always going to be open for debate.
There is no way to prove or disprove the existance of God, especially when at a time where we don't even have an understanding of the supernatural beyond the realm of pseudosceince.

In my opinion, yes, God exists (in some form), but still I beleive that the whole idea cannot be proved or disproved and really is something we need to come to a decision about ourselves...

We will never be able to prove it or disprove it unless God (in whatever form he/she/it is) decides to come down and show us that they exist or prove to us with some spectacular sign in the sky, and even if that did happen I'm sure most people wont beleive it.
Is there anything supernatural we can prove/disprove?

K

katie_tully

I believe it can be disproved.
I'd go into a tyrannical tirade on matter and reproduction and energy and stupid people, but I'm lazy.

robbie1

HSC
katie_tully said:
I believe it can be disproved.
I'd go into a tyrannical tirade on matter and reproduction and energy and stupid people, but I'm lazy.
lol

you think you can prove that the one who created you does not exist?

silly girl, very silly girl.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
can you prove that he does exist without committing numerous logical fallacies and coming across as a complete idiot?
yes

the miracles that occur all over the world are a good start :)

robbie1

HSC
forgiveness is given to those who seek it with a contrite heart

i really pity all those who reject God, because he has made his presence very apparent.

i can list a thousand miracles...heres one:

http://www.divinemercy.com.au/audio/audio001.html

The story of Irish singer David Parkes has touched the hearts of tens of thousands of people world-wide. He was a professional footballer and singer who at the peak of his international career, was struck down by an incurable illness.

He was given only weeks to live by his doctors and it was then that he went with his wife to the place where they spent their honeymoon, close to Bosnia-Herzegovina. His wife prayed for his healing, but more so for him to come back to his faith. She took him to Medjugorje and although he did not want to be there, she managed to get him to meet Father Peter Rookey. After receiving a blessing from Fr. Rookey, David lay unconscious for about twenty minutes. After awakening he found that he was physically healed of his illness. This incident also healed him spiritually.

Since his miraculous healing of Crohn’s Disease in 1989, David has dedicated his life to Our Lady and travels world-wide witnessing, through the great gift of his music, the love of Our Lady and the great mercy of Our Lord.

:)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
robbie1 said:
yes

the miracles that occur all over the world are a good start :)
Surely when a paralysed man walks again, you question how rather than assume it is God's doing?

Do you feel its right to explore how such a miracle came about it the objective sense? I would say it doesn't question whether it is God's doing: eg "his once torn spinal cord appears to have grown in an alarming rate and connected by small strands, achieved through a recent adrenalin rush" which may be "how God did it?"

Most miracle stories I stumble across seem to lack this part of the information, which I find quite disappointing.

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
Ignorance and stupidity is as much a part of their faith as praying and sodomising little choir boys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)