• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (12 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
P_Dilemma said:
Interesting. You are saying that this "karma" exists separately from god? That it can exist without god? Or that "karma" is a different kind of god?

And the karma system (from whar i see) seems very messy and very unfair. Some evil people live longer than nice people, richer, healthier... Either karma exists as a hellishly unstable system, it doesn't exist, or it has a lagtime of a couple thousand lifetimes.

I mean, how many times do i have to die of illness before "karma" forgives me for that murder i did a million years ago?

-P_D
Great question. I appreciate it.
I'm not going to answer this one as well as the online text explains it. But basically, de can be transferred with your positive or negative actions. E.g if you swear at someone, you're giving your de to that person. If that person swears back, he is transfering it back to you, given both have sworn with the same intensity. Oh you can think of it as people kicking each, harder or softer, etc. This transference takes place within you from different dimensions. This is complex, again, you'll have to read the book.

So people who die, etc and rebirth will collectively keep their amount of de or lack of de. This will ultimately affect your current life from the rebirth. Thus, de can account for all sorts of illness in which you have to pay back. I should've mentioned this earlier, but you have to pay back all the evil deeds you've done eventually.

Falun gong, helps people to generate their de and ultimately achieve enlightenment through a series of complex transformations on your soul from different dimensions. People with lots of de "good deeds" cannot achieve enlightenment without practices like FalunGong and Buddhism. They will only be rebirthed again and having a better life with their excessive amount of de. This can partially explain why some people can achieve what they want even if they are doing lots of evil things at their current lifetime.

Anyway, feel free to read the online book.

www.falundafa.org/

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
Introducing the new T-Mac, it's hypo-crazy!
You are the worst endorsement of Falun Gong ever.
It would be in their interests to stop you communicating with anyone.

Also, there is a lot more junk that you've said that would lead to a diagnosis of redneckism than anything Schroe says. And that statement you were commenting on says nothing that could possibly indicate that, however far you read into it.

I recommend you give up. You've been proven wrong too many times for anything you say to be influential or credible.
I've already said that I don't represent members of Falun Gong. I'm a beginner as much as anyone who has just heard about it. It will take a lot more dedication to understand the true meanings the book imply.
I'm doing this so that more people are aware of this great "religion" and hopefully eventually practice it.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Just to add to the last post.

It is probably the only way to a higher level of enlightenment which is why a lot of us are here for but not knowing it. Some of us are here to achieve a higher level of enlightenment than they were currently sitting on. So don't let this physical environment keep you from the real mystery lying beyond.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Just to add to the last post.

It is probably the only way to a higher level of enlightenment which is why a lot of us are here for but not knowing it. Some of us are here to achieve a higher level of enlightenment than they were currently sitting on. So don't let this physical environment keep you from the real mystery lying beyond.
People are here to discuss the intellectual question of whether or not God exists, not the spiritual one.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
In my honest opinion I reckon the Falun Gong movement is a bunch of pansy-ass motherfucking pussy boys that are trying to stand up to daddy and failing miserably.

Choose a state based religion. Don't be faggots. You're not going to change China's stance they've got too much invested in killing you hippy motherfuckers.
Dude, you gota make this fact straight. Religion is not the same as ways to enlightenment. At least not anymore. Not these days where most of the scriptures are outdated. I can't say much about the Bible coz I would've barely read it if it wasn't for R.E studies at school. But Buddhism I can say is outdated because of the nature the texts were written. Those were written to help people at those periods in history. So what you consider as religion is in fact just another traditional custom that will not lead you to cultivation. Falun Gong is different from this perspective as it is not really a religion, even though we call it religion.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's a religion by any definition I would consider as operational. Anywho...

- What makes you think the 'teachings' of Falun Gong are correct?
- Do you believe Li Hongzhi has supernatural powers? (can levitate, control people's movements etc)
- If so, why do you believe he has supernatural powers?

Last edited:

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
It's a religion by any definition I would consider as operational. Anywho...

- What makes you think the 'teachings' of Falun Gong are correct?
- Do you believe Li Hongzhi has supernatural powers? (can levitate, control people's movements etc)
- If so, why do you believe he has supernatural powers?
I didn't believe it first but it's the practioners who witnessed things with their celestial eye that got me start wondering what's going on with them. Please, don't get back to our prior argument about delusions.
When numerous people tend to see the same or similar things, it's not a coincidence, considering they had no contacts or weren't acquainted with each other before their opening of visions.

So to get back to your question.
I'm actually still in doubt a lot of the times. But the more I read his book and listen to his lectures, things just make a little more sense bit by bit. It's really not like any other scriptures you read where there are only "thou shall this and that" More often than not, the book explains things being discussed initially, if not eventually. Unlike how I've been discussing things in this thread thus far. Again, did I believe in Falun Gong or have I come to a final conclusion? No. But I'm still trying to find out more and like you said before. You want to believe in things. Well, so do I. The only difference is that I'm acting on it.

However, I do think that I believe in it a lot more than not. Technically, this is not ideal since it has been mentioned repetitively that practioners should be genuin when they come to practise Falun Gong. My half fullfiled doubt mightn't do me any good either.

So hopefully, this answers your question.

Cheers

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I didn't believe it first but it's the practioners who witnessed things with their celestial eye that got me start wondering what's going on with them.
Who are these practioners? Why do you trust them?
What is a celestial eye? We know how bad witness testimony can be for a variety of reasons (not just delusions), why do you consider this great enough to believe something so fantastic?

When numerous people tend to see the same or similar things, it's not a coincidence, considering they had no contacts or weren't acquainted with each other before their opening of visions.
What 'things' exactly? Lots of people claim to have seen ghosts, aliens and elvis that have had no contacts and weren't acquainted... Lots of people claim to have seen David Copperfield cut a woman in half. Now have you considered that perhaps Li performed a magic trick before these captivated followers to make them believe he can levitate? If you have considered that, how have you eliminated that possibility.

You see to me... before I could even consider such a possibility I would at least need to completely eliminate all the mundane ones - I doubt you've even done that.

. You want to believe in things. Well, so do I. The only difference is that I'm acting on it.
No... I act on it also, I'm just much more critical than you imho.

My half fullfiled doubt mightn't do me any good either.
Sounds like the typical nonsense you get from all religion, they encourage faith and a complete lack of doubt... they always seem to admire their most obedient servants and not those who will question.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

I think most people use LSD as a ways to enlightenment these days, rather than religion.

I think the practitioner he is talking about is his drug dealer.

HSC
robbie1 said:
forgiveness is given to those who seek it with a contrite heart
robbie1 said:

i really pity all those who reject God, because he has made his presence very apparent.

i can list a thousand miracles...heres one:
:)

Lol I love miracles. Remember the fence post that looked like Mary? How so many people know what she looks like is always amazing to me considering she lived 2000 years ago…goes for Jesus too…
Anyway, I can list a thousand 'not miracles' otherwise known as God doesn't exist- or if he does he is a dick.

Sophie Delizio…some people would say she’s had two miracles…I don’t really understand that attitude…I want to know why God hates her? First the car/burns…and then she gets hit by a car again? wtf? He's probably up in Heaven going "I'm trying to kill her, dickheads! Stop saving her."

There are millions of Catholic in Africa...probably some of them pray to not starve to death and contract AIDS and leave their kids orphans...and yet AIDS still kills millions over there,

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Lol I love miracles. Remember the fence post that looked like Mary? How so many people know what she looks like is always amazing to me considering she lived 2000 years ago…goes for Jesus too…
Anyway, I can list a thousand 'not miracles' otherwise known as God doesn't exist- or if he does he is a dick.

Sophie Delizio…some people would say she’s had two miracles…I don’t really understand that attitude…I want to know why God hates her? First the car/burns…and then she gets hit by a car again? wtf? He's probably up in Heaven going "I'm trying to kill her, dickheads! Stop saving her."

There are millions of Catholic in Africa...probably some of them pray to not starve to death and contract AIDS and leave their kids orphans...and yet AIDS still kills millions over there,
Sophie is a heathen, and she deserves it.
All the africans who die from AIDS aren't catholic.
Yay god, In my honest opinion.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
In my honest opinion I reckon the Falun Gong movement is a bunch of pansy-ass motherfucking pussy boys that are trying to stand up to daddy and failing miserably.

Choose a state based religion. Don't be faggots. You're not going to change China's stance they've got too much invested in killing you hippy motherfuckers.
As if they're hippies. That's just too insulting to those peaceful love making potheads. :(

robbie1

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:

umm you do realise that sophie was hurt directly as a result of the actions a man, or 2 men.....are you saying God was driving the car (s)?

do you also realise that her family are devoted Catholics and prayed to Blessed Mary Mackillop for her intercession to save sophie....and suprise suprise she is still here today.

AIDS is an unfortunate occurence, but if people followed the teachings of the Church they wouldnt contract it....first of all abstinence, no sex until marriage, and only having sexual relations with one person (your husband/wife)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
do you also realise that her family are devoted Catholics and prayed to Blessed Mary Mackillop for her intercession to save sophie....and suprise suprise she is still here today.
Yea that makes alot of sense, God got her hit by a car, then he changed his mind (lol impossible) because some people prayed to him.

robbie1

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yea that makes alot of sense, God got her hit by a car, then he changed his mind (lol impossible) because some people prayed to him.
she got hit by a car, being driven by a man, who was pressing on the accelerator....get it now?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
robbie1 said:
umm you do realise that sophie was hurt directly as a result of the actions a man, or 2 men.....are you saying God was driving the car (s)?

AIDS is an unfortunate occurence, but if people followed the teachings of the Church they wouldnt contract it....first of all abstinence, no sex until marriage, and only having sexual relations with one person (your husband/wife)

Yeah, like all those kids born with it.
They should've followed the teaching of the church.
And those women who were raped, according to the idea that having sex with a virgin cures AIDS and thus contracted it could benefit from that message too.
Complete blind oversimplification. :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
robbie1 said:
she got hit by a car, being driven by a man, who was pressing on the accelerator....get it now?
Shouldn't you be then quoting ElendilPeredhil then? Who posted
I want to know why God hates her? First the car/burns…and then she gets hit by a car again? wtf? He's probably up in Heaven going "I'm trying to kill her, dickheads! Stop saving her."
Because it seems to me NTB and you are generally on the same side...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Because it seems to me NTB and you are generally on the same side...
In a way I'm on his side because I don't think God interjected at all in what happened to her. In another way I'm not because he's claiming that God exists, controls all things (so set up for her to get hit by a car), but also changed his mind and let her be healthy because her family prayed for her.

I don't really care for the 'but God let's bad stuff happen' argument. To me it doesn't matter, if God really does exist, he really is omnipotent etc then I guess there's more to it then I can understand. But first we still have to get over the huge hurdle at the begining.

HSC
robbie1 said:

It's called modern medicine. That's why Sophie is alive. Because of modern medicine. It's the 'miracle' of science.
If kids/babies die of cancer and that's god's plan, then so is her getting burnt by a car accident. And No, I wasn't saying God was driving the car, I'm saying he stood back and let it happen.

All those rape victims with AIDS should have followed god's teachings...Jeez I don't know why they didn't just scream "I'm Catholic!" when they were getting raped...and the kids who are born with HIV 'cause their parents have AIDS...that's probably because they were sinnners.

They probably had dirty thoughts in the womb. Kids that get leukemia and die before they are 10...a lot of their parents would pray and because God is a dickhead he just says 'no.' 'God's plan' is bullshit. Those people who die because it's 'God's Will'...guess what, they only have one life and God took it away on a whim...so yeah, I don't believe in God, because if I did, I would then be forced to worship a being that doesn't even have the morals of a two year old.

The concept of worship itself is ridiculous...if this guy is omniscient and all powerful then why does he need to be worshipped?

Genesis 1: In the Beginning, there was God. God was all powerful, omniscient, he knew all and owned all...all except Self-Esteem.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Actually that would be consistant with a natural phenomonan, producing similar effects in people - the opposite would be harder to explain.
Sometimes I wonder whether what you're thinking is also true - "producing similar effects in people". Which is why I'm going to try it myself. I have to admit, I don't fully trust some but not all practitioners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)