Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
robbie1 said:
forgiveness is given to those who seek it with a contrite heart

i really pity all those who reject God, because he has made his presence very apparent.

i can list a thousand miracles...heres one:

http://www.divinemercy.com.au/audio/audio001.html

The story of Irish singer David Parkes has touched the hearts of tens of thousands of people world-wide. He was a professional footballer and singer who at the peak of his international career, was struck down by an incurable illness.

He was given only weeks to live by his doctors and it was then that he went with his wife to the place where they spent their honeymoon, close to Bosnia-Herzegovina. His wife prayed for his healing, but more so for him to come back to his faith. She took him to Medjugorje and although he did not want to be there, she managed to get him to meet Father Peter Rookey. After receiving a blessing from Fr. Rookey, David lay unconscious for about twenty minutes. After awakening he found that he was physically healed of his illness. This incident also healed him spiritually.

Since his miraculous healing of Crohn’s Disease in 1989, David has dedicated his life to Our Lady and travels world-wide witnessing, through the great gift of his music, the love of Our Lady and the great mercy of Our Lord.

:)

What about the people who prayer but still die? What about the people who have 'incurable' diseases, and die. I am willing to bet that those incidents occur more than these 'miracles.' Are you saying that god discriminates between who won't and who will recieve a miracle? Is god that much of an asshole?

You are blind my friend, stubborn and blind.

robbie1

HSC
lengy said:
Ignorance and stupidity is as much a part of their faith as praying and sodomising little choir boys.
you do realise that its not even 1% of priests who have engaged in that sort of activity?

what about all those priests, nuns and others who dedicate their whole lives to helping those less fortunate....you conviniently left that out of your post.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
What about the people who prayer but still die? What about the people who have 'incurable' diseases, and die. I am willing to bet that those incidents occur more than these 'miracles.' Are you saying that god discriminates between who won't and who will recieve a miracle? Is god that much of an asshole?

God is allowed to take people from this world and bring them into the next....is he not?

some are healed, some are not....God has a plan for everybody and those who are taken from this world might have even prayed to be taken and relieved of their suffering.

you reminded me of a friend of mine whos in year 11....one of her teachers had a brain tuma and was close to death, the docs gave up on her.

when her father in italy heard the news, he bagan praying straight away and asked God to take him instead.....today the teacher is completely cured and alive and healthy....the dad passed away and the autopsy revealed he had a brain tuma :)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
robbie1 said:
God is allowed to take people from this world and bring them into the next....is he not?

some are healed, some are not....God has a plan for everybody and those who are taken from this world might have even prayed to be taken and relieved of their suffering.

you reminded me of a friend of mine whos in year 11....one of her teachers had a brain tuma and was close to death, the docs gave up on her.

when her father in italy heard the news, he bagan praying straight away and asked God to take him instead.....today the teacher is completely cured and alive and healthy....the dad passed away and the autopsy revealed he had a brain tuma :)

you remind me of the people from the westboro baptist church.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
robbie1 said:
i realise that...but your post was still stupid as i have proven.

8 results for: proof
View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
proof  /pruf/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[proof] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
2. anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
3. the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.
4. the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.
5. Law. (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.
6. the effect of evidence in convincing the mind.
7. an arithmetical operation serving to check the correctness of a calculation.
8. Mathematics, Logic. a sequence of steps, statements, or demonstrations that leads to a valid conclusion.
9. a test to determine the quality, durability, etc., of materials used in manufacture.
10. Distilling. a. the arbitrary standard strength, as of an alcoholic liquor.
b. strength with reference to this standard: “100 proof” signifies a proof spirit, usually 50% alcohol.

11. Photography. a trial print from a negative.
12. Printing. a. a trial impression, as of composed type, taken to correct errors and make alterations.
b. one of a number of early and superior impressions taken before the printing of the ordinary issue: to pull a proof.

13. (in printmaking) an impression taken from a plate or the like to show the quality or condition of work during the process of execution; a print pulled for examination while working on a plate, block, stone, etc.
14. Numismatics. one of a limited number of coins of a new issue struck from polished dies on a blank having a polished or matte surface.
15. the state of having been tested and approved.
16. proved strength, as of armor.
17. Scots Law. the trial of a case by a judge alone, without a jury.
–adjective 18. able to withstand; successful in not being overcome: proof against temptation.
19. impenetrable, impervious, or invulnerable: proof against outside temperature changes.
20. used for testing or proving; serving as proof.
21. of standard strength, as an alcoholic liquor.
22. of tested or proven strength or quality: proof armor.
23. noting pieces of pure gold and silver that the U.S. assay and mint offices use as standards.
–verb (used with object) 24. to test; examine for flaws, errors, etc.; check against a standard or standards.
25. Printing. prove (def. 7).
26. to proofread.
27. to treat or coat for the purpose of rendering resistant to deterioration, damage, etc. (often used in combination): to proof a house against termites; to shrink-proof a shirt.
28. Cookery. a. to test the effectiveness of (yeast), as by combining with warm water so that a bubbling action occurs.
b. to cause (esp. bread dough) to rise due to the addition of baker's yeast or other leavening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1175–1225; ME prove, prooff, prof, proufe, alter. (by assoc. with the vowel of prove) of preove, proeve, prieve, pref < MF preve, proeve, prueve < LL proba a test, akin to L probāre to test and find good; cf. pree]

—Synonyms 1. confirmation, demonstration, corroboration, support. See evidence. 3. examination, assay. 18. firm, steadfast.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

just thought you needed that.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
robbie1 said:
you do realise that its not even 1% of priests who have engaged in that sort of activity?

what about all those priests, nuns and others who dedicate their whole lives to helping those less fortunate....you conviniently left that out of your post.
Hey stupid catholic guy, that doesn't say much.
Let's say "not even 1 percent" is 0.8%.
That Means there are 8 priests out of every thousand that are paedophiles.
With the high prevalence of catholicism, and the severe nature of paedophilia concerning individuals who command a great deal of respect from many people, I would call that important at the very least.
And the original statistic is coming from a catholic.

Of course that in practical terms doesn't mean much, when reported incidents and thorough analysis of the situation to come to such a number is lacking.

In other news, any religion which calls for men to be celibate to attain the highest position of trust is asking for paedophilia, or at least nunsex.

robbie1

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
you remind me of the people from the westboro baptist church.
no, those people are sick and are far from God, even though they think they are the closest to him.

robbie1

HSC
dieburndie said:
Hey stupid catholic guy, that doesn't say much.
Let's say "not even 1 percent" is 0.8%.
That Means there are 8 priests out of every thousand that are paedophiles.
With the high prevalence of catholicism, and the severe nature of paedophilia concerning individuals who command a great deal of respect from many people, I would call that important at the very least.
And the original statistic is coming from a catholic.

Of course that in practical terms doesn't mean much, when reported incidents and thorough analysis of the situation to come to such a number is lacking.

In other news, any religion which calls for men to be celibate to attain the highest position of trust is asking for paedophilia, or at least nunsex.
I like to form an impression of priests by actually speaking with them as opposed to listening to what the media tells me about them.

and dont comment on something you have no idea about....apart from what you hear on tv or read in a paper.

HSC
robbie1 said:

oh thank god for that then (n)

My mates father contracted aids and the doctors said he has no chance to live and he will be dead in less than 4 days.
I prayed to my TV cabinent and he survived.
OMG ALL WORSHIP TV CABINENT!!1!

Last edited by a moderator:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I regard miracles only slightly above coincidence.

Coincidences - Mathematically speaking, it'd be a miracle if coincidenced DIDN'T occur occasionally.

Miracles - Well, as the saying goes, "Miracles happen". Mathematically the world is guaranteed to have a miracle once in a while, but then again this depends on your personal margin for what qualifies as a miracle and what doesn't.

Most medical miracles, i believe, occur out of a lack of knowledge. It's not as though we as humans know all there is to know about the human body and it's remarkable ability to heal itself. Tumours that disappear, people who walk after years of paralysis... i believe they're just fortunate "victims" of good luck, having a robust immune system, etc.

"Miracles", thus, aren't strong enough to justify the existence of God/s. However, i'd be MUCH more willing to believe if ALL the world's major sufferers of disease (or at least those who are "good" people) are instantaneously cured, or maybe over the course of months, even. Headlines: Terminal Cancer Victim Miraculaously Recovers; Brain-dead Coma Victim Instantaneously Cured;, and so on...

Or to put is simpler... I believe there must be a clear discrimination of what kind of miracles, and to whom they are made upon, to more strongly justify the case for God/s. A good example would be is all the major criminals in the world were to die one-by-one by heart attacks (which would be a descrimination against criminals, and only with heart attacks).

[Criminal death example courtesy of the Manga "DeathNote"]

-P_D

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
You're an idiot. China has a list of APPROVED state religions that people can participate in. Falun Gong is a bastardised form of Buddhism and not on the list.

Lern2conform.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you stupid fucking redneck.

First of all, why the fuck would you believe approving Falun Gong has any correlation to its competency in enlightenment.
Second, the CCP would approve murders if it actually benefits them. Not that they're not murdering the innocents or anything. NO FUCKING ARGUMENT HERE.
Third, Buddihism is only a branch of Falun Gong. It is only one of some ten thousand ways people can achieve enlightenment.

Man, you have just majorly disappointed me. I can't believe I actually thought you were a fat pessimistic boy who just happened to followed the wrong road. Now I realised you're just a fuckwit like few of the others.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:

Illness is a cause of lack of de "karma". The website I'd posted explains all these things in detail.
Dude, don't start another argument. If you disagree just don't make an Earthquake of insults.
I'm just sick of them.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
T-mac01 said:
Illness is a cause of lack of de "karma". The website I'd posted explains all these things in detail.
Dude, don't start another argument. If you disagree just don't make an Earthquake of insults.
I'm just sick of them.
Interesting. You are saying that this "karma" exists separately from god? That it can exist without god? Or that "karma" is a different kind of god?

And the karma system (from whar i see) seems very messy and very unfair. Some evil people live longer than nice people, richer, healthier... Either karma exists as a hellishly unstable system, it doesn't exist, or it has a lagtime of a couple thousand lifetimes.

I mean, how many times do i have to die of illness before "karma" forgives me for that murder i did a million years ago?

-P_D

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
robbie1 said:
forgiveness is given to those who seek it with a contrite heart

i really pity all those who reject God, because he has made his presence very apparent.

i can list a thousand miracles...heres one:
Ok, let's suppose that these things are indeed miracles and not merely a matter of coincidence. What is it that convinces you (apart from sheer conviction) that these miracles are being performed by god, as conceived by you, as aposed to the god of another religion or an immortal magician, or even an alien programmer who is altering a matrix-like construct that we are a part of?

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
proGENITOR said:
For the original question posed here I feel like answering.

Really the answer to the question if God exists or not is always going to be open for debate.
There is no way to prove or disprove the existance of God, especially when at a time where we don't even have an understanding of the supernatural beyond the realm of pseudosceince.

In my opinion, yes, God exists (in some form), but still I beleive that the whole idea cannot be proved or disproved and really is something we need to come to a decision about ourselves...

We will never be able to prove it or disprove it unless God (in whatever form he/she/it is) decides to come down and show us that they exist or prove to us with some spectacular sign in the sky, and even if that did happen I'm sure most people wont beleive it.
95% agreed. I like the way you think. You seem to have a natural high instinct. Feel free to read the online text on this site.
www.falundafa.org/

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
T-mac01 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH you stupid fucking redneck.
Now I realised you're just a fuckwit like few of the others.
T-mac01 said:
If you disagree just don't make an Earthquake of insults.
I'm just sick of them.
Introducing the new T-Mac, it's hypo-crazy!
You are the worst endorsement of Falun Gong ever.
It would be in their interests to stop you communicating with anyone.

Also, there is a lot more junk that you've said that would lead to a diagnosis of redneckism than anything Schroe says. And that statement you were commenting on says nothing that could possibly indicate that, however far you read into it.

I recommend you give up. You've been proven wrong too many times for anything you say to be influential or credible.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
T-mac01 said:
95% agreed. I like the way you think. You seem to have a natural high instinct. Feel free to read the online text on this site.
www.falundafa.org/
As if they're going to swallow that hook.
The number of people that have spouted that near-neutral junk in this thread would be approaching the thousands.
Nobody wants to join your fucking cult, go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)