• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

HalcyonSky

HSC
*TRUE* said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!
I DID NOT NOT NOT say science is boring!!!!!!!!!!
You dont know me, you dont know me at all.
YOU are naiive for assuming that you can understand me and my beliefs...because of someone ELSE who you ASSUME holds the same beliefs as me.
Whatever Mr Sky :)
im glad it wasnt u, u seem like an alright chick to be honest

EDIT: when ignoring ur christianness, that is

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
HalcyonSky said:
im glad it wasnt u, u seem like an alright chick to be honest
you are okay now too...lol
PS: For all those saying i am so much smarter than Emy : Allow me to direct your attention to my gaybo post about genetics....and dinosaurs
lol

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
My problem is , i have NEVER heard an athiest give conclusive reasoning to their claims.
Their beliefs seem founded on FAITH and BELIEF. I see them as religious
There's no more 'faith' and 'belief' in atheism than there is in non-belief in... any other god / pixies etc.

Charizard

HSC
*TRUE* said:
My problem is , i have NEVER heard an athiest give conclusive reasoning to their claims.
Their beliefs seem founded on FAITH and BELIEF. I see them as religious.
If im wrong in thinking of athiests this way - id be interested to hear how they rationally come up with God doesnt exist.
I can comprehend those who say : I dont think God exists... I think is unlikely that God exists...
Can you give me conclusive evidence that the easter bunny, the tooth fairy and santa clause aren't real ?

You don't believe they are real though do you ?

It's the same thing for atheists.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
HalcyonSky said:
the atheists here have pointed out countless flaws in your beliefs and do so day in day out, as well as quoting evidence for their beliefs to which u responded in all ur god-given wisdom "science is boring" (that was you, right? it was either you or emy, you're both the same to me).

I wont be acceptant of your beliefs, ill just be acceptant of the fact that all you are is a naive little kid who's too afraid to step out of her bubble.
actually I said, that science does not intrest me and I find it boring. And it was not responding to your beliefs at all, it was when if i have any intrest in science if my memory serves me correctly.

and what u consider flaws in my beliefs are different to what I consider flaws.

If i was narrow minded, i would not be intrested in studying other religions and i wouldnt read your posts, been open to other ideas does not mean that i have to accept them.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
There's no more 'faith' and 'belief' in atheism than there is in non-belief in... any other god / pixies etc.
I will not dispute you here.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
actually I said, that science does not intrest me and I find it boring. And it was not responding to your beliefs at all, it was when if i have any intrest in science if my memory serves me correctly.

and what u consider flaws in my beliefs are different to what I consider flaws.

If i was narrow minded, i would not be intrested in studying other religions and i wouldnt read your posts, been open to other ideas does not mean that i have to accept them.
I have alot of respect for you Em.
I think it is good that you have developed such a strong outlook, you are very confident in yourself and i think that is great :)
You're right , it is NEVER a bad thing to learn what you can. If you are right , what you learn can only reinforce what you believe , right?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
There is no evidence for god thus I don't believe, just like I don't believe in zeus or psychics or faith healing or wonderful cureall medical things or levitation or all these other things.
well what u consider evidence is different to what i consider evidence.
I think creation is evidence that God exists, it is too good to be there by accident.
I also think what i have seen him do in my life and in that of others is evidence.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
I have alot of respect for you Em.
I think it is good that you have developed such a strong outlook, you are very confident in yourself and i think that is great :)
You're right , it is NEVER a bad thing to learn what you can. If you are right , what you learn can only reinforce what you believe , right?
yep, exactly

thanks true you are always an encouragement.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
There is no evidence for god thus I don't believe, just like I don't believe in zeus or psychics or faith healing or wonderful cureall medical things or levitation or all these other things.
Is there evidence for no God?
Is there no possibility that we as humans on this planet...might be missing something that we would need to make a claim such as "there is no God"?
If a God requires FAITH...then surely , we cannot expect to find evidence?
This is how i have always viewed the absence of evidence.
Apologies to all those who think they HAVE evidence of God's existance..i speak for myself.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
well what u consider evidence is different to what i consider evidence.
I think creation is evidence that God exists, it is too good to be there by accident.
I also think what i have seen him do in my life and in that of others is evidence.
A lot of Christians say similar things to me and I can never understand how they came to think it.

How do you know that it's "too good to be there by accident"? What benchmark or standard can you set whereby you can say that something is "too good" to have come about by any other means than God?

I don't know how well that question was articulated, but hopefully someone will answer it.

HalcyonSky

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
it is too good to be there by accident
Quoting Richard Feynman

" I have a friend who’s an artist, and he sometimes takes a view which I don’t agree with. He’ll hold up a flower and say, “Look how beautiful it is,” and I’ll agree. But then he’ll say, “I, as an artist, can see how beautiful a flower is. But you, as a scientist, take it all apart and it becomes dull.” I think he’s kind of nutty.

First of all, the beauty that he sees is available to other people–and to me, too, I believe. Although I might not be quite as refined aesthetically as he is, I can appreciate the beauty of a flower. But at the same time, I see much more in the flower than he sees. I can imagine the cells inside, which also have a beauty. There’s beauty not just at the dimension of one centimeter; there’s also beauty at a smaller dimension.

There are the complicated actions of the cells, and other processes. The fact that the colors in the flower have evolved in order to attract insects to pollinate it is interesting; that means insects can see the colors. That adds a question: does this aesthetic sense we have also exist in other forms of life? There are all kinds of interesting questions that come from a knowledge of science, which only adds to the excitement and mystery and awe of a flower. It only adds. I don’t understand how it subtracts."

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
No, you are narrow minded because if you weren't you wouldn't post retarded shit like reveling in the fact that we will "BOW DOWN TO CHRIST OR NOT CALL YOU A RETARD WHEN JESUS COMES BACK."

"I welcome all those of other religions because it shows there are almost infinite ways of accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior" is what I'm reminded of.
Yes you will bow down with me when he returns, i dont think that is retarded i think that that is magnificent.

THERE IS ONE WAY TO CHRIST BTW.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Choosing not to believe something because of a lack of reason or evidence for it is called 'logic'. My own personal thoughts on the matter:

I do not believe in any manner of personal god, particularly none from the abrahamic tradition or any other religious tradition with interventionary gods because through wide reading and basic logic I've come to a direct understanding that they're all obviously, obviously man made concepts that come directly from humanity's predisposition to wish think and our general fear of death.
Okay. You do sound more agnostic than atheist to me though...
Before i accept what you say...i think i would need to hear more specifically how you came to see these 'concepts' ( and which are they precisely?) as man made. I too see alot of Christians with their own concepts that i do not grasp...but in a different way.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
Why don't any of you fundies believe the easter bunny is real ?
He....isnt......real?
YOUR LYING!!!!!!!
I have conclusive evidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)