Does God exist? (13 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
When was the rest of the universe created?

All those other billions and billions of stars and planets? If it took him 6 days to make Earth, it must have taken him a helluva long time to make the whole universe.
Ive often wondered about this....

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
because i believe that it didnt happen by accident there had to be something there to create it i think that is God.
Okay let's deconstruct that statement.

You believe it didn't happen by accident. Why is this?

There had to be something there to create it. Why? And if you are right, why does it have to be your God and not anything else?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Let's say you're testing a drug to see whether it's poisonous... you do all the trials/tests you can think of and none of them find any sign of a poison. Is there evidence for no Poison?
I know what you are getting at.
Its just that I think God is such that cannot be tested...because he demands FAITH.
If i could test him , believe me i would. I HATE just being satisfied with what i am told. HATE IT.
If i thought i could test Gods existance , LOL i would NOT believe in Him.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

There had to be something there to create it. Why? And if you are right, why does it have to be your God and not anything else?
It is too good to be an accident. That is why i think that

Due to above statement. I think someone had to create that.

I cant prove that it was my God i just believe it is, i cant put it into words.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

Something has to have always been there. SOMETHING.
Why would there be ever nothing and what is nothing?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
It is too good to be an accident. That is why i think that

Due to above statement. I think someone had to create that.

I cant prove that it was my God i just believe it is, i cant put it into words.
Man, we just keep going in circles don't we.

I suggest you take a leaf out of True's book and at least attempt to explain your beliefs from a standpoint of reason rather than continually making statements along the lines of "it just is".

Or to put it another way, you're trying to pitch Christianity to a bunch of atheists and agnostics here, how are you going to sell it? Think of an angle.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Something has to have always been there. SOMETHING.
Why would there be ever nothing and what is nothing?
I would tentatively agree with you that something has to have always been there, I just don't see why I ought to believe that that something was/is God.

Since we have no way of working out when the universe began it's a bit hard to answer the question of "what is nothing" other than giving the obvious response that it's a lack of anything, a void, blankness. I know what you're getting at but I don't think I'm articulate enough in these matters to answer you...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I know what you are getting at.
Its just that I think God is such that cannot be tested...because he demands FAITH.
Why can't this just be true of other things as well? There are millions of things which you dismiss which I could claim exist, can't be tested and demand faith. There is no way for you to properly differentiate.

If i thought i could test Gods existance , LOL i would NOT believe in Him.
What? You think if you could... verify his existence you would not believe in him? How odd.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Who jesus is has been interpreted and developed throughout the centuries and it is impossible to divorce the message and teachings of Jesus from his identity.

i.e., we know what we know now, because ancestors in the faith believed in jesus as the christ, the son of God who is God.

his message is clearer because of who jesus was. we can more readily see the teachings (the most central teaching being the Kingdom of God-- which is different from "heaven") because of people's devotion to jesus as the risen christ

the divinity of jesus is the mystery of the incarnation. as i previously mentioned, the meaning of this aspect of the christian faith is still evolving

one part of it is: what does it mean to be human? God becomes human in order that humans can become like God. this is the heart of incarnation. we, as humans, learn best when we see things in the human form. God's love is made "in flesh" (incarnate)

so perhaps a corallary question is: what difference does my belief in jesus as the christ make in the way i live my life?

there are many "christian atheists" out there; people who proclaim their belief in christ, but live their lives as if God doesnt exist

-Anfernee-

HSC
Just because you disagree with a religion doesn't mean you have to mock it. That just comes off as insecure. I was just thinking of something today. I know that the bible says the earth is only 6,000 years old, but maybe that is just a mistranslation. What I was thinking is perhaps the hebrews didn't have a name for the number 1,000,000,000, and so it was translated as the highest number available to the Hebrews at the time. It makes sense to me.

People who mock religion are just as bad as those psycho nut job religious freaks.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Ok if there is no God where did the earth come from?
Have a look online em , there is more than one theory...but have a look and see :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)