Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Do you agree or disagree and why?
I disagree with the website if that is what u are asking. Because i believe that God created to the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I disagree with the website if that is what u are asking. Because i believe that God created to the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th.
BUT WHY.

This is what we have been trying to get out of you for pages and pages.

I feel like there's no point asking you anything or putting any ideas to you because I already know what you're going to say and it's just going to bring us back where we started.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
How was god created then ?

If you say "he was just always there" its essentially the same thing no ?
Well , no , i dont see it that way....
I think God created time , space , matter....the physical laws of the universe.
Therefore , he is not bound by them. Im not saying he does not operate in or with them , simply that he is not bound by them.
I see it as , while for us, in this Universe and the laws which govern it, everything seems to have beginning and end.
For God who is above these laws , and created them...this is not (neccessarily) so.
My thoughts...i could be wrong.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
No i dont think we need to understand how God came into existance, i think that he was always there and we wont understand it entirely because of sin.
Hey Em ,
Why does sin stop us from understanding?
Surely God may have simply not told us because we dont need to know yet?

webby234

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Yes that was what i was asking. I don't believe that's a good answer though. If that's the case, and if the bible contradicts scientific knowledge, shouldn't it be possible to find fault with the knowledge? Basically - is it wrong merely because the bible says otherwise, or because the theory is flawed?

3unitz said:
yes it does, i cant conceive it though :D
Good point :p

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Yeah sure and well... I don't know where it's come from. It's possible that there's "something" that's always existed, this doesn't necessarily have to be a personal god though and I'm not going to commit to any hypothesis until we have more evidence...
Okay
but that something i think would be God to me though! Catalyst for the UNIVERSE....

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Hey Em ,
Why does sin stop us from understanding?
Surely God may have simply not told us because we dont need to know yet?
Well sin stops us from having a perfect relationship with God, I think that if we were in a perfect relationship with God we would know, however i think it also is that we do not need to know yet or at all.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Well sin stops us from having a perfect relationship with God, I think that if we were in a perfect relationship with God we would know, however i think it also is that we do not need to know yet or at all.
ok fair enough:)
I think that through Jesus we can have a right relationship with God , but I suppose dynamics have changed in regards to our faith etc.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
BUT WHY.

This is what we have been trying to get out of you for pages and pages.

I feel like there's no point asking you anything or putting any ideas to you because I already know what you're going to say and it's just going to bring us back where we started.
I believe that i believe because God has given me faith, it is very hard to explain why.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
ok fair enough:)
I think that through Jesus we can have a right relationship with God , but I suppose dynamics have changed in regards to our faith etc.
but why we are sinning, which even Christians do, i think that we can not be in a perfect relationship with God, we can be in a right one though.although i suppose we are considered perfect, in christ, i think i am confusing myself.

webby234

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
I believe that i believe because God has given me faith, it is very hard to explain why.
What would you say to the millions of muslims who feel exactly the same way? Are they wrong?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
What would you say to the millions of muslims who feel exactly the same way? Are they wrong?
well i think so yes, obviously they wont.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
but why we are sinning, which even christians do, i think that we can not be in a perfect relationship with God, we can be in a right one though.
I suppose i just keep thinking , that one sin , one tiny tiny sin , stopped people from being in Gods presence.
Once Jesus died , we could be ( hence the symbolic curtain being ripped). It was like God couldnt see our sin anymore.
I dont know. I dont really know what you mean , or if i am thinking along the right lines , lol. I havent been sleeping much lately :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I've gotta say, I wish I could be a Christian for a day so I could come to some understanding of how people can have faith so blindly, because I really, really do not understand.

I just wish you could say something like "I think this theory has flaws and this is what they are", instead of "I disagree with it because God says differently". You can back your explanation of the theory's gaps with religious reference for sure, just not along the lines of "God says so" because that gets nobody anywhere.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
I suppose i just keep thinking , that one sin , one tiny tiny sin , stopped people from being in Gods presence.
Once Jesus died , we could be ( hence the symbolic curtain being ripped). It was like God couldnt see our sin anymore.
I dont know. I dont really know what you mean , or if i am thinking along the right lines , lol. I havent been sleeping much lately :)
i havnt been sleeping either so my mind is a little foggy i think what u are saying is right, anyway we will know when we get to heaven.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
webby234 said:
Im not Emy but i have something to say:
I am not a Muslim so i have no way of knowing if they feel as I do or not.
This is also the Does God Exist thread , and not the does the God of the bible exist thread....but i guess it doesnt matter :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Okay
but that something i think would be God to me though! Catalyst for the UNIVERSE....
Yeah but... like... we don't know how it happened yet... so we just don't know... there's no reason to believe one way or the other though we may want to investigate some avenues more seriously than others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)