Does God exist? (17 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Are you suggesting that there is no other possible explanation for the existence of the earth than God?
no i am asking you then if you dont think God made the earth, then where did it come from. Dont look to much into it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I think the fact that we have trouble conceiving of what total nothingness would be like doesn't automatically mean that we have to accept that something was always there. It doesn't necessarily have to be so. There very well could have been literally nothing before the universe came into existence. We'll never know. But I think it's a bit odd to assume that anything "has" to be, without proof to support the claim.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

"I know nothing about science"
i wasnt asking what science thinks, i know what science thinks. I was asking for your personal opinion on it as i clarified later.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
no i am asking you then if you dont think God made the earth, then where did it come from. Dont look to much into it.
I stand by the scientific explanation. I'm not quite sure why you asked this in the first place.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I think the fact that we have trouble conceiving of what total nothingness would be like doesn't automatically mean that we have to accept that something was always there. It doesn't necessarily have to be so. There very well could have been literally nothing before the universe came into existence. We'll never know. But I think it's a bit odd to assume that anything "has" to be, without proof to support the claim.
Okay. But using everything i have ever learned in science , as well as all my life experience and understanding, i cannot concieve of any 'thing' ever coming from nothing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Okay. But using everything i have ever learned in science , as well as all my life experience and understanding, i cannot concieve of any 'thing' ever coming from nothing.
Don't worry, neither can I.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
Schroedinger said:
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

"I know nothing about science"
This is totally off topic, but are you the owner of the ultimatescience blog?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yeah sure and well... I don't know where it's come from. It's possible that there's "something" that's always existed, this doesn't necessarily have to be a personal god though and I'm not going to commit to any hypothesis until we have more evidence...

Charizard

HSC
*TRUE* said:
How was god created then ?

If you say "he was just always there" its essentially the same thing no ?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
Ok the reason I asked that question is that if the big bang happened, hydrogen and helium( I think that is what they are believed to be) then how did they get there, something had to put them there at some point.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
ok so which theory do you subscribe to? The big Bang theory
Big bang theory is not a theory of everything.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
How was god created then ?

If you say "he was just always there" its essentially the same thing no ?
No i dont think we need to understand how God came into existance, i think that he was always there and we wont understand it entirely because of sin.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Ok the reason I asked that question is that if the big bang happened, hydrogen and helium( I think that is what they are believed to be) then how did they get there, something had to put them there at some point.
You don't understand what big bang theory explains... you're arguing against a strawman and probably don't even realise it. Big bang theory does NOT attempt to explain 'something from nothing'.

webby234

HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
To you, does quantum theory and the Heisenburg uncertainty principle (the energy-time one) count as something coming from nothing?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
You don't understand what big bang theory explains... you're arguing against a strawman and probably don't even realise it. Big bang theory does NOT attempt to explain 'something from nothing'.
I did not say it did, it tries to explain how the earth came into being. if i am wrong correct me please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)