• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (5 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Charizard

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Yes you will bow down with me when he returns, i dont think that is retarded i think that that is magnificent.

THERE IS ONE WAY TO CHRIST BTW.

Amazing post.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm sure if Jesus does return, Schroe would like to have a bit of a chat to him.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
HalcyonSky said:
Quoting Richard Feynman

" I have a friend who’s an artist, and he sometimes takes a view which I don’t agree with. He’ll hold up a flower and say, “Look how beautiful it is,” and I’ll agree. But then he’ll say, “I, as an artist, can see how beautiful a flower is. But you, as a scientist, take it all apart and it becomes dull.” I think he’s kind of nutty.

First of all, the beauty that he sees is available to other people–and to me, too, I believe. Although I might not be quite as refined aesthetically as he is, I can appreciate the beauty of a flower. But at the same time, I see much more in the flower than he sees. I can imagine the cells inside, which also have a beauty. There’s beauty not just at the dimension of one centimeter; there’s also beauty at a smaller dimension.

There are the complicated actions of the cells, and other processes. The fact that the colors in the flower have evolved in order to attract insects to pollinate it is interesting; that means insects can see the colors. That adds a question: does this aesthetic sense we have also exist in other forms of life? There are all kinds of interesting questions that come from a knowledge of science, which only adds to the excitement and mystery and awe of a flower. It only adds. I don’t understand how it subtracts."

I LOVE THAT!
I feel the same way:)
I also look at it and think , wow , so intricate, so incredible , my God did that , and I am created in his image...so who knows what i can create!
I love to learn. I hate to be ignorant of things , ignorance is not bliss , its dull , life sapping.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
A lot of Christians say similar things to me and I can never understand how they came to think it.

How do you know that it's "too good to be there by accident"? What benchmark or standard can you set whereby you can say that something is "too good" to have come about by any other means than God?

I don't know how well that question was articulated, but hopefully someone will answer it.
ok put it this way, when i look up at the stars on a clear night, or when i see something truely majestic within creation, i think wow, God is great, sometimes i just wanna sing to God. That is what i mean by "too good" this was not here by accident.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Yes you will bow down with me when he returns, i dont think that is retarded i think that that is magnificent.

THERE IS ONE WAY TO CHRIST BTW.
Honestly, you cannot just make statements like that. Just because it is what you believe and what the Bible says does not make it true.

We may not be able to conclusively disprove the existence of God, but we admit this and we do our best to reason it out.

You just insist that God exists because God says so and you believe it. That's hardly an argument, considering there is no conclusive proof that he DOES exist, either.

If you insist on using your convictions and the Bible as actual proof I do not know how we will get anywhere.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
ok put it this way, when i look up at the stars on a clear night, or when i see something truely majestic within creation, i think wow, God is great, sometimes i just wanna sing to God. That is what i mean by "too good" this was not here by accident.
Ok I understand the feeling of looking at something really beautiful and being awed by it.

I just don't see where the link to God is, or that there has to be one.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
Not a flower that's for sure.
Maybe not. Its true , we can only really create from that which is already here.But we've done alot of things.
Hell , we put a man on the moon.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
When was the rest of the universe created?

All those other billions and billions of stars and planets? If it took him 6 days to make Earth, it must have taken him a helluva long time to make the whole universe.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Is there evidence for no God?
Let's say you're testing a drug to see whether it's poisonous... you do all the trials/tests you can think of and none of them find any sign of a poison. Is there evidence for no Poison?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Ok I understand the feeling of looking at something really beautiful and being awed by it.

I just don't see where the link to God is, or that there has to be one.
because i believe that it didnt happen by accident there had to be something there to create it i think that is God.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
When was the rest of the universe created?

All those other billions and billions of stars and planets? If it took him 6 days to make Earth, it must have taken him a helluva long time to make the whole universe.
sorry heavens and the earth, i believe that includes the planets. The bible also said he even made the stars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)