Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I've gotta say, I wish I could be a Christian for a day so I could come to some understanding of how people can have faith so blindly, because I really, really do not understand.

I just wish you could say something like "I think this theory has flaws and this is what they are", instead of "I disagree with it because God says differently". You can back your explanation of the theory's gaps with religious reference for sure, just not along the lines of "God says so" because that gets nobody anywhere.
I cant give u a reason i believe it because of faith. i dont expect u to understand.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I've gotta say, I wish I could be a Christian for a day so I could come to some understanding of how people can have faith so blindly, because I really, really do not understand.

I just wish you could say something like "I think this theory has flaws and this is what they are", instead of "I disagree with it because God says differently". You can back your explanation of the theory's gaps with religious reference for sure, just not along the lines of "God says so" because that gets nobody anywhere.
But sweetie , faith is blind!
Faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen.
:)
Its trusting and not KNOWING for sure.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Yeah but... like... we don't know how it happened yet... so we just don't know... there's no reason to believe one way or the other though we may want to investigate some avenues more seriously than others.
my hypothesis : GOD did it :)
As valid as any other hypothesis , most especially because no other has been put forward to me yet :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Im not Emy but i have something to say:
I am not a Muslim so i have no way of knowing if they feel as I do or not.
This is also the Does God Exist thread , and not the does the God of the bible exist thread....but i guess it doesnt matter :)
The point being that the muslim and the christian god can't both exist...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
But sweetie , faith is blind!
Faith is the substance of things hoped for , the evidence of things not seen.
:)
Its trusting and not KNOWING for sure.
I understand, I just...okay I'll explain it this way.

There are certain people whom I would trust unconditionally. Technically I have no way of knowing for sure that they would not at some point betray me, but we have a relationship where I have enough faith in them not to do so, that I do not worry.

I imagine that this is kind of the same thing religious people feel in reference to God.

The problem for me is just (well not just, but one of several reasons), that I cannot place such complete trust in a force that I am not even sure exists and that there is considerable evidence against.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
The point being that the muslim and the christian god can't both exist...
I think that both the Muslim and the Christian God's cannot exist in the way that they claim to.

webby234

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Im not Emy but i have something to say:
I am not a Muslim so i have no way of knowing if they feel as I do or not.
This is also the Does God Exist thread , and not the does the God of the bible exist thread....but i guess it doesnt matter :)
Ok but you see what it looks like from our perspective? And that muslims would say the same thing about you?

And i know it's not, but she was arguing for god based on her personal experience of that god. So i'm saying that people from all sorts of cultures at all different times claim to have experienced god in different ways, and that they contradict each other. You reject all but your own.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I think that both the Muslim and the Christian God's cannot exist in the way that they claim to.
Give me an outline of a God you think can exist.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I understand, I just...okay I'll explain it this way.

There are certain people whom I would trust unconditionally. Technically I have no way of knowing for sure that they would not at some point betray me, but we have a relationship where I have enough faith in them not to do so, that I do not worry.

I imagine that this is kind of the same thing religious people feel in reference to God.

The problem for me is just (well not just, but one of several reasons), that I cannot place such complete trust in a force that I am not even sure exists and that there is considerable evidence against.
Oh , okay. Yes i know what you mean then.
I think this is where personal experience comes in , and you cant look at someone else's experience , it has to be personal.
For me , ive been through...lets say alot.
People say to me , how can you believe in God that ALLOWS THAT!!!
But ive come through it all.
Also from my own life , i feel like i know God. I dont know everything about Him. I dont understand all he does.
But I just know he loves me. I know it.
I dont tell people about it much , because its personal , and wont mean a thing to them. But i believe , at some point , everyone is going to have some sort of experience or revelation of it. I hope so anyway.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Give me an outline of a God you think can exist.
Oh no!
Are you serious? outline God? How could i even try!
I will though, for you.
A being that utterly boggles my mind and everyone elses!
One that is Love.
One that understand what love truly is.
One with purposes and intents i cannot fathom
One so creative ,it made us all unique.
One who understands truth , and IS truth.

The task you have given me is totally impossible!!!!!!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
dont be lazy read it! it is not that hard.
It is that hard. I read 2 pages and it just looked like a lot of retarded shit again.

Emytaylor: LOL SCIENCE IS BORING

Science is only boring because you're a sped and you don't understand it.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
For me , ive been through...lets say alot.
People say to me , how can you believe in God that ALLOWS THAT!!!
But ive come through it all.
Also from my own life , i feel like i know God. I dont know everything about Him. I dont understand all he does.
But I just know he loves me. I know it.
I dont tell people about it much , because its personal , and wont mean a thing to them. But i believe , at some point , everyone is going to have some sort of experience or revelation of it. I hope so anyway.
I've been through bad experiences too, who cares? I mean some people have been tortured to death while watching the same happen to their loved ones, maybe god should have looked after them instead of you with your (however serious, on a world-scale probably petty) problem.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
I've been through bad experiences too, who cares? I mean some people have been tortured to death while watching the same happen to their loved ones, maybe god should have looked after them instead of you with your (however serious, on a world-scale probably petty) problem.
I cant speak for other people's experiences Enteebee.
I will say this , i know of people that have been almost tortured to death , and watched loved ones tortured to death , who have still felt Gods love.
His love doesnt mean bad painful things dont happen to us. His plans span much further than our lives.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
katie tully said:
It is that hard. I read 2 pages and it just looked like a lot of retarded shit again.

Emytaylor: LOL SCIENCE IS BORING

Science is only boring because you're a sped and you don't understand it.
To be fair there's a shitload of science that I don't understand and heaps of theories I don't know about.

emy just shits me because she does not attempt to understand.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Oh no!
I will though, for you.
One that is Love.

dont forget all the stuff like
Judge
Powerful
almighty
in control

yeah they have given you an impossible task.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Oh no!
I will though, for you.
One that is Love.

well.. idk from your rough outline here your god doesn't seem much more plausible than the christian/muslim gods. One which actively designs/interferes/has a personality is always going to have huge problems in a world which ever-more is seeming to work fine without a god.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
To be fair there's a shitload of science that I don't understand and heaps of theories I don't know about.

emy just shits me because she does not attempt to understand.
I will read stuff and look into it i just find it boring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)