Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Okay, but what happens if you use your free will and decide that you don't believe in God, or that you have decided you believe the Christian God is the true God.

Do Muslims still believe you can be punished for doing this? And if so, why is this the case. If you have been told you're free to explore, and then find you like these other options better, are you wrong?
Yep, I see what you're saying. It's pretty contradictionary, which is why I've moved away from the religion.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I think IMABOYDAMON is a muslim , am i right?
Also i think we'd need to read the actual verses of the Quran to know what is says FOR SURE.
I'm a Muslim by name.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
Yep, I see what you're saying. It's pretty contradictionary, which is why I've moved away from the religion.
Okay so originally thats what I was getting at, and I was mainly only concerned with Christianity before 3unitz dragged Muslims into it.

Even though the Quran says it's expected of you to seek your own answers, ultimately if you don't come back to Islam, you're doomed.

Is this typical of the Bible? As far as I know, you're not encouraged to entertain the thoughts of another God or alternative theory to the universe at all. So I direct this question at you *TRUE*...

Is acknowledging that other Gods or alternative theories are valid contradictory to your religion?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
3unitz said:
instead of "valid", i think the word "possible" is more appropriate
Possible or valid, either way if you use them interchangably and say 'possible', to entertain the idea that another God, or that no God is possible, is this contradictory to the Christian faith.

Because it seems to me that if you're willing to acknowledge anything other than what the Bible states is possible, then you do not have 100% faith in your own religion.

To admit that you acknlowedge anything other than your own God is possible, is this admitting there is no infallibility?

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
no one has 100% faith in their religion, even in the bible i think it was peter that said "god help me with my doubt"
Good Sam!!:)
ALTHOUGH : God WANTS us to have100% faith right?
So we should try to, yes?
:)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
3unitz said:
no one has 100% faith in their religion, even in the bible i think it was peter that said "god help me with my doubt"
That's dodging the question. So nobody has 100% faith in their religion, is acknowledging that other theories or religions are possible contradictory to the Christian faith?

I see your quote re: Peter, so I did my own investigating and found these little gems.

The first type of doubt is caused by CONSCIENCE. It is the hardening of a mind to the truth. This type of doubt is sin. It is deliberate denial, disobedience, rebellion, and resistance. It is always condemned in the Bible. 1 Timothy 1:19 says, “Cling tightly to your faith in Christ, and always keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked.”
I have never met a real genuine atheist who doubted God for intellectual reasons. The fact is every person that I’ve met who is an atheist doubted God because some Christian had burned him or her.
What a crock of shit.

The strongest faith comes out of struggles with your doubt. When we see doubters, we tend to put them down. We think that they’re just religious weaklings. But those who wrestle with their doubt often come out with the strongest faith.
So really, and as I said before, being doubtful of your religion is fine as long as you always end up going back to it. To doubt it and turn away is sinful.

It's almost as though the Bible tries to guilt you into returning back to Christianity.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Jude 1:22 says, “Show mercy to those whose faith is wavering.” Don’t condemn them. Don’t call them heretics. Don’t tell them that they need to have more faith. Show mercy to them.

I believe that the world is looking for a church in which they are free to ask questions; free to not automatically accept everything that is said. They are looking for a place where they can doubt and wrestle with the issues. Some may even continue to doubt in their first few weeks, months, or even years with us as a church. That’s okay. It’s a freedom that Jesus has given them. The sin isn’t in doubt. If your doubt leads to questions, and your questions lead to answers, and you accept the answers that God gives you, then doubt has done good work in your life.
It's ok guise! Doubt as much as you want (lol just remember tho if you don't come back to God yr gunna buuurrrrnnn)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Hebrews 11:6 says, “God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” If you begin to seek God – asking the tough questions – then he will reward your quest. Doubt your doubts, and honestly begin to seek after God beginning today.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
So it's true? It's fine to question your belief in God, so long as you always go back to God?

That doesn't provoke much free thought does it, knowing you're fine to question what you believe in, as long as you go back to believing in it?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
So it's true? It's fine to question your belief in God, so long as you always go back to God?

That doesn't provoke much free thought does it, knowing you're fine to question what you believe in, as long as you go back to believing in it?
Er. Well , if Christ is the only way to God , and you die disbelieving this - then you are kind of stuffed yeah? Whether you have accepted him in the past or not.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Er. Well , if Christ is the only way to God , and you die disbelieving this - then you are kind of stuffed yeah? Whether you have accepted him in the past or not.
What happens if you get alzheimers and forget you believe in God?

Serious question, I wanna know what God would say. I guess it's not your fault you lost your mind though so I'm guessing you're in his good graces.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
What happens if you get alzheimers and forget you believe in God?

Serious question, I wanna know what God would say. I guess it's not your fault you lost your mind though so I'm guessing you're in his good graces.
Hahaha! ( i mean not hahaha)
I dont know what God would say...not... being ...God...
I think he'd be cool with it though :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
You can believe something while still being open to other possibilities. For most christians I suppose they believe it's fine to question belief in god, but you also must accept jesus to be saved, go ahead and question, but the reality in their opinion is that if you don't die accepting jesus as your lord then you will go to hell.

I don't think this necessarily leads to closed-mindedness much more than necessarily having to reject all gods to be an atheist leads to closed-mindedness in an atheist.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
You can believe something while still being open to other possibilities. For most christians I suppose they believe it's fine to question belief in god, but you also must accept jesus to be saved, go ahead and question, but the reality in their opinion is that if you don't die accepting jesus as your lord then you will go to hell.

I don't think this necessarily leads to closed-mindedness much more than necessarily having to reject all gods to be an atheist leads to closed-mindedness in an atheist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)