• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I keep asking it and nobody answers me

What happened to the people who lived and died before the advent of Christianity? Where did they go? Heaven or hell or nothing? From a religious viewpoint please.

Shit, even my scripture teacher in high school dodged the question when I asked it in year 8. What's the big idea.
I can only hope that they are saved. I'm no authority on this issue but it is often said that "there is no salvation outside the church."

However;

CCC 847 said:
847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/847.htm

Those who willfully turn their back on God, can never enter his kingdom.

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Charlie, you're arguing from a Catholic perspective. The fundies will wander in and have a massive cry about BIBLICAL ACCURACY.
Sniff sniff hiccup Biiiiiibleicaaaal accuraaaacyyyyyHICyyy

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Pity it's not in any bulls or encyclicals. I'm going to say having been raised a Catholic and having a great fondness for the Catholic church, I don't understand why all of these whippersnappers have to constantly come along and argue their silly dogma. The pope is a simple authority figure who helps us understand our relationship with God and the bible. Fairly straightforward. I've never seen any other religious denomination produce any religious scholars as wonderful as the Jesuits, and by their own nature they won't.

Ecumenism is a fraud, either rejoin the Holy Roman Catholic Apostolic Church or fuck off.
Christian faith isnt about religious scholars you twit.
I wouldnt be a christian if so how pitiful.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Pity it's not in any bulls or encyclicals. I'm going to say having been raised a Catholic and having a great fondness for the Catholic church, I don't understand why all of these whippersnappers have to constantly come along and argue their silly dogma. The pope is a simple authority figure who helps us understand our relationship with God and the bible. Fairly straightforward. I've never seen any other religious denomination produce any religious scholars as wonderful as the Jesuits, and by their own nature they won't.

Ecumenism is a fraud, either rejoin the Holy Roman Catholic Apostolic Church or fuck off.
peak of protestant theology = "god hates sweden"

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
QUIET

CONTEMPLATION OF THE NATURE OF GOD.

Yarrrrrrrrrr. Scholars! Well trained individuals.

Peak of protestantism is Bob Jones University... if THAT.
I quietly contemplate the nature of God.
Im not catholic.
:(
What do u think i am??? Honestly?????

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
A filthy pope-hating HEATHEN!
What part of PETER IS THE ROCK UPON WHICH I SHALL BUILD MY CHURCH DO YOU HEATHENS DON'T UNDERSTANDDDDDDD
LUTHER WAS INSANE
:) :) :) :) :) lol. I just love God alright.
No you. (are.insane. but.ok)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Peter = ROCK.

Luther = NONSENSE.

Dare thou QUESTION the Pope?[/quote/]

But but Dan! he's really scary. he looks like emperor Palpatine after he gets zapped.
He is threatening the republic
And luther gave the black men hope (LOL you know i actually said that once)

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Ecumenism is an honorable struggle but with the sheer number of denominations and their differing views towards things like homosexual couples, and ordination of female priests, unity may be hard to come by.

Given that it was only formally adopted 40something years ago, i say give it time.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
CharlieB said:
Ecumenism is an honorable struggle but with the sheer number of denominations and their differing views towards things like homosexual couples, and ordination of female priests, unity may be hard to come by.

Given that it was only formally adopted 40something years ago, i say give it time.
THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Sharing is fine.
Forcing is not. But really, kids won't be able to fully grasp the concept of God and religion beyond a Santa Claus belief until they're old enough to question it anyway.

I went to sunday school. One time. It didn't work out.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
All parents do it implicitly or explicitly in all areas other than religion anyway :/

otoh

scarybunny said:
Sharing is fine.
Forcing is not. But really, kids won't be able to fully grasp the concept of God and religion beyond a Santa Claus belief until they're old enough to question it anyway.

I went to sunday school. One time. It didn't work out.
for every scarybunny there's an emytaylor :eek:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah you tend to adopt the beliefs of your parents by default, until you have your teenage identity crisis and form your own concept of self and life and all that.

Edit- and my parents aren't at all religious. I have no idea what sunday school was in aid of, because we never.ever.ever go to church. Ever.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I keep asking it and nobody answers me

What happened to the people who lived and died before the advent of Christianity? Where did they go? Heaven or hell or nothing? From a religious viewpoint please.

Shit, even my scripture teacher in high school dodged the question when I asked it in year 8. What's the big idea.
http://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html

Romans 1:18-20 said:
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Optimus Prime said:
The earth is only 6000 years old because the bible says it is. I know the bible is true because god says it is and in the bible it says what god says is true. That's all the proof I need.
uh i don't think that the bible explicitly says that and although there is some evidence that suggests that may be the case, that figure remains speculation

inasero

Reborn
HSC
squeenie said:
... And what about all this geological evidence of rocks that are upwards of hundreds of millions years old? How would you explain that?
I've already posted about the inconsistency of radiometric dating...but that debate would go on and on.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
3unitz said:
BUT HOW IS IT POSSIBLE??? ITS NORT POSSIBLEEEEEE

go research the evidence for evolution and stop embarrassing yourself doctor :mad:
who's embarrassing themself? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)