• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
In fact, there could be a vacuum metastability event happening right now and our entire galaxy could turn to dust before it reaches us.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Also does anyone in this thread seriously believe the end of days is near?

EDIT: and the rapture
I do, but not because of the bible or something. More like CERN. Gonna wake up in switzerland.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:

was browsing the rapture ready forums the other day

so. many. weirdos.

I'm actually a bit spooked I think I'll stick to quietly laughing at them on fstdt :/

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Riet said:
I do, but not because of the bible or something. More like CERN. Gonna wake up in switzerland.
Yeah shit, this is going to be another fucking Black Mesa.

Everybody pick up a crowbar.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
They think Obama is the antichrist on that forum

like not in a "lol hes pretty shit" way, in a "he is literally the antichrist aaah" way. I can't read through the political section anymore it hurts

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
What is wrong with homosexuality?

A whole lot of things, but mostly this: It's an abomination to God. He said this not once, not twice, but several times...and it wasn't all in one breath, but was spread out over 1,500 years. In the beginning, God created man and then He created a woman to be man's helpmate. I imagine that if God had thought homosexuality was okay, then he would have created another man...or just two women. But He didn't, so that's the beginning. When God gave the Law to Moses, He was very clear about the fact that if two (of the same sex) lie together, or "know" each other as man knows a woman, then those two were to be put to death, because "it is an abomination to God." God also destroyed the cities of the plains (Sodom and Gomorrah and a couple of others) because of their proclivity to homosexual behavior. The men of Sodom even tried to seduce the angels that were sent! (Sounds like San Francisco.)

About 1,500 years later, God spoke through the Apostle Paul to re-affirm that those who practice homosexuality "shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven." Many argue that times have changed and we need to become modernized in our thinking. But the fact is that God is the rock. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Therefore, we can easily conclude that He has not changed His mind. Homosexuality is still an abomination to Him.

Now this does NOT mean that God doesn't love homosexuals. He does, and He wants them to REPENT (turn away) from that which is NOT pleasing in His sight. Can homosexuals be saved? Yes, emphatically yes....IF they will repent (turn away) from that which is wrong. It isn't the sinner that is hated; it is what he or she does (the sin). Is there such a thing as a Christian homosexual? No. You can either be a Christian, or you can be a homosexual.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them" (Lev. 20:13).

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet" (Rom. 1:26-27)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I bet they play Iron Maiden in hell.

It's probably not too bad.

goliwog

HSC
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth

well I think the world will end ... I dont think its near though ...

Not all christians believe in the rapture , I believe it was an idea that was made up by the catholic church during the 11th century to win over converts. The bible does talk about Jesus returning one day but many of those verses have been destorted and taken out of context or without knowledge of its original meaning... look for yourself this is one verse that christians use to prove the rapture

1Cor 15:5-2 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

but this could also be talking about becoming a christian or just plainly getting into heaven

There is a big difference between the biblical concept and the popular concept of today

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
yeah i agree. i'm lutheran. pretty traditionalist. but yeah i dont think the rapture will "actually" occur.
its just a representation of events leading up to the return of christ. Many of the verses these days are taken out of proportion, and through translation some meaning is lost. It is impossible to translate the bible perfectly. Thats why the muslims choose not to translate the Qur'an.
so yeah.
peace

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
why torture?

what sort of god condemns his own creation to an eternity of torture?

sounds like a bullshit human construct to scare people into believing

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
katie tully said:
why torture?

what sort of god condemns his own creation to an eternity of torture?

sounds like a bullshit human construct to scare people into believing
it isnt torture. it isnt fire and stuff either.
Hell is total removal from god and everything he has.
Think about every single thing that brings good into the world. everything that makes you happy.
now take it away.
that is hell.
not the best way to spend eternity i wouldnt think.

(did i make it dramatic enough?) haha

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Darnie said:
it isnt torture. it isnt fire and stuff either.
Hell is total removal from god and everything he has.
Think about every single thing that brings good into the world. everything that makes you happy.
now take it away.
that is hell.
not the best way to spend eternity i wouldnt think.

(did i make it dramatic enough?) haha
Sounds like torture to me...

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
3unitz said:
um... the bible was written under the influence of the spirit. humans dont actually translate the bible, gods spirit guides them (otherwise how are people supposed to hear the word in countries which are not arabic?). if you're not rapture ready, youre in trouble, because its in the bible just like jesus.
yes, the bible was written under the influence of god. directly from god.
however, for some arabic words and phrases, there are no english translations. or in some cases, many translations. thats the way it gets kinda lost in translation.
also, many things can be percieved in different ways from the bible. its kinda the reason there are so many different churches.
One good example is in communion, not all churches believe they are taking jesus' body and blood. dammit i know i am. catholics believe it so strongly they often wont let anyone but the priest drink the wine. whereas some other denominations only believe it is a representation of the body and blood. there are plenty of other ways this occurs in the bible
rapture is another one. some denominations believe it, others dont.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
EDIT: dude; heavy metal, ecstacy, binge drinking, pot, blasphemy, offensive literature, Bill Hicks and blowjobs are fucking incredible, pretty sure god's fucked up morality doesn't approve of any of that shit

if that's what hell is sign me up.
that stuff isnt totally removed from god. god created some. others are due to our free will.
however, even if you do do ecstacy, or drink, smoke pot, get bj's of your gf or whatever, you can come back from that. god does forgive you it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
um no i red the bible and i kno abt satan and hell is bad k

omg lake of fire

EDIT: dude; heavy metal, ecstacy, binge drinking, pot, blasphemy, offensive literature, Bill Hicks and blowjobs are fucking incredible, pretty sure god's fucked up morality doesn't approve of any of that shit

if that's what hell is sign me up.
Exactly. There are all sorts of fun things that God doesn't approve of. These things will be in hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)