• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (10 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

dolbinau

HSC
squiresshane990 said:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/arksize.html

Apparently Noahs Ark was 13m tall. How did the dinosaurs fit then? the largest were 15m tall and 45m+ long. And if there were only 2 of each animal taken on the ark then we should be able to safely assume that a percentage of these animals may not have bred after the event and it is very likely that a percentage would have become sick and even died after being confined to a fucking ark for 40+ days. So maybe thats what happened to the unicorns and carnivorous kangaroos?
Actually, there are not such thing as dinosaurs - God put their bones on Earth to test us. (*sarcasm*I am an atheist :p*/sarcasm* but I've heard this argument before).

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It was not until 1841, however, that the word “dinosaur” was invented.
“And God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed, after their kind.” The Hebrew word here for “sea monsters” (“whales” in KJV) is the word translated elsewhere as “dragon” (Hebrew: tannin). So, in the first chapter of the first book of the Bible, God may be describing the great sea dragons (sea-dwelling, dinosaur-type animals) that He created.
Not long after the Flood, God was showing a man called Job how great He was as Creator, by reminding Job of the largest land animal He had made:

Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; he eats grass like an ox. See now, his strength is in his hips, and his power is in his stomach muscles. He moves his tail like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. His bones are like beams of bronze, his ribs like bars of iron. He is the first of the ways of God; only He who made him can bring near His sword (Job 40:15–19).

The phrase “first of the ways of God” suggests this was the largest land animal God had made. So what kind of animal was “behemoth”?

Bible translators, not being sure what this beast was, often transliterated the Hebrew, and thus the word behemoth (e.g., KJV, NKJV, NASB, NIV). However, in many Bible commentaries and Bible footnotes, “behemoth” is said to be “possibly the hippopotamus or elephant.”22 Some Bible versions actually translate “behemoth” this way.23 Besides the fact that the elephant and hippo were not the largest land animals God made (some of the dinosaurs far eclipsed these), this description does not make sense, since the tail of behemoth is compared to the large cedar tree (verse 17).
OMG unequivocal proof!

HSC
Yeah assuming it didnt fucking magick into clouds, which it would have needed to for that much rain to fall. For there to be a flood so big that all of the land was under water, there would have to be a pretty big increase in the amount of water on earth, dont ask me how, thats just what would have needed to happen. Now unless you're assuming this magic water (im not saying there was any, but for this to happen there would have to be, hence the whole story is fake) was salty, which it couldnt have been, then the ocean would have been diluted. My whole argument was based on the presumption that for this to happen god must be real and must have created a fuckload more water; therefore No God.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squiresshane990 said:
Yeah assuming it didnt fucking magick into clouds, which it would have needed to for that much rain to fall. For there to be a flood so big that all of the land was under water, there would have to be a pretty big increase in the amount of water on earth, dont ask me how, thats just what would have needed to happen. Now unless you're assuming this magic water (im not saying there was any, but for this to happen there would have to be, hence the whole story is fake) was salty, which it couldnt have been, then the ocean would have been diluted. My whole argument was based on the presumption that for this to happen god must be real and must have created a fuckload more water; therefore No God.
I think that creationists agree with what is on this website- I asked one once and he gave me this:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c010.html

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I think that creationists agree with what is on this website- I asked one once and he gave me this:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c010.html
Uh.
Assuming he did take water from aquifers as well as the ocean ... all the water that is on the earth now, is all the water there has ever been. Water from aquifers comes from rainfall ...

When I say all the water, I'm including with this -
moisture in the atmosphere
ice
sea water
fresh water
aquifers

It's all the same water. It just goes through different phases (solid, liquid, gas) but it's still the same amount.

Thus - where did it all go?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Also another issue I have with this is the weight of the water. They're worried that the water in the Three Gorges Dam is heavy enough to trigger earthquakes. It's only a body of water 600km long, and it weights a fricken shitload.

The amount of water required to cover the entire earth, including Mount Everest (assuming it existed at that time, because it sure as shit didn't just pop up in the last 100 years)...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
Uh.
Assuming he did take water from aquifers as well as the ocean ... all the water that is on the earth now, is all the water there has ever been. Water from aquifers comes from rainfall ...

When I say all the water, I'm including with this -
moisture in the atmosphere
ice
sea water
fresh water
aquifers

It's all the same water. It just goes through different phases (solid, liquid, gas) but it's still the same amount.

Thus - where did it all go?
I don't fully understand creationist theory , sorry. I think down the bottom of that page it might have a link : 'where did all the water go?'...sorry i can't help you...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It's impossible.

Think of what keeps water in the seas. The sea without the water is a big fricken ditch. That's how it retains the water .. Unless creationists are going to tell me gravity held the water in place as it covered the entire earth without .. Fuck, it's just too stupid to even contemplate

Dr.Chau

Banned
HSC
How the hell can you debate whether GOD exists? It's one of those non-debateble topics that'll never come to a conclusion.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!
Oh god, kill me now.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Miles Edgeworth said:
Are you no longer a creationist?
I ask questions about everything. Tbh, there are some things i never questioned...i never saw a need to. Now....i feel like there is so much out there , and i just don't know what i think about....so many things.
Feel somewhat ripped off.
I'm a christian though.Absolutely.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.
Are.... are they serious?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The catastrophic plate tectonics model gives a mechanism for the deepening of the oceans and the rising of mountains at the end of the flood.

As the new ocean floors cooled, they would have become denser and sunk, allowing water to flow off the continents. Movement of the water off the continents and into the oceans would have weighed down the ocean floor and lightened the continents, resulting in the further sinking of the ocean floor, as well as upward movement of the continents.[2] The deepening of the ocean basins and the rising of the continents would have resulted in more water running off the land.

The collision of the tectonic plates would have pushed up mountain ranges also, especially toward the end of the flood.
I am feeling nothing but undulating rage.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I am pretty much about to spack out.
right. now.
The present shape of Uluru (Ayers Rock), as sandstone monolith in central Australia, is the result of erosion, following tilting and uplift, of previously horizontal beds of water-laid sand. The feldspar-rich sand that makes up Uluru must have been deposited very quickly and recently. Long-distance transport of the sand would have caused the grains to be rounded and sorted, whereas they are jagged and unsorted. If they had sat accumulating slowly in a lake bed drying in the sun over eons of time, which is the story told in the geological display at the park center, the feldspar would have weathered into clay

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Katie, where did all that come from...? Looks like they're trying to tie creationism and geology together.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
squeenie said:
Katie, where did all that come from...? Looks like they're trying to tie creationism and geology together.
They are and it's INFURIATING ME.

The other website I found the other day is just as bad. It basically uses science to denounce science.

It left me confused and in pain :(

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
katie tully said:
They are and it's INFURIATING ME.

The other website I found the other day is just as bad. It basically uses science to denounce science.

It left me confused and in pain :(
Was it the Answers in Genisis website? Those cartoons were weird...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)