Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well then the question simply becomes 'who made the genes'?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
Well that's a silly question. The question you're actually asking is "what is the process that made the first gene"? Answer? Don't know. Yet.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
The process of evolution, but sure if you wanna go back far enough I'll say "I don't know the answer to that and neither do you".

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But you guys have enough faith in science to say that a God wasnt involved
Or have you all become agnostic? What progress my sig is making!

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
Not knowing that something does exist is to me non-existence, for my reality is only made up of those things I know and those which I do not I cannot speak of, they do not exist in it. This is true even of things which do turn out to exist.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
Why WOULD we say there was a God involved? There's about as much sense in that as there is in saying that Odin made humans out of two tree trunks.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol rubbish (NTB). What's the criteria you use to establish the existence of something? You can see it? hear it? feel it? smell it? None of these things lead to truth. You are doomed to wander in the wilderness!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
Why WOULD we say there was a God involved? There's about as much sense in that as there is in saying that Odin made humans out of two tree trunks.
You both admitted that 'we dont know' yet. Agnostic I say! You are close my child! Christ is knocking! Surrender your suspicious spying from the curtains! Move to unlock the barrier before it is too late

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
You both admitted that 'we dont know' yet. Agnostic I say! You are close my child! Christ is knocking! Surrender your suspicious spying from the curtains! Move to unlock the barrier before it is too late
Lol Alex my friend, I've admitted quite a while ago that while I'm a functional atheist (I 'believe' that there is no God), I'm also theoretically agnostic (I 'believe' that there is no God because there's no proof one way or the other, and no way to know one way or another). Atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
It's all good and well for people to have their religions as long as they don't try to convert others and judge people by it.

and PREACH about it a.k.a annoying uni groups.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Na, pretty sure youre agnostic. You are a ripened apple on the tree of knowledge, ready to be plucked.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Iron said:
lol rubbish (NTB). What's the criteria you use to establish the existence of something? You can see it? hear it? feel it? smell it?
Pretty much, yeah.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Enteebee said:
Pretty much, yeah.
So you invest in yourself all power to determine truth - independent from any external sources?
I've made a huge mistake. You are a true atheist my heathenistic fren

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Reality is an external, objective source of truth imo and that's where I think I invest the power of truth determination. Of course when it comes down to it, for all of us it is only through ourselves that we can come to know of such a reality... due to this I feel it is only important for someone's idea of reality to be consistent with its self. If I take issue with someone who has a different view to me regarding reality it is not because I feel my idea is right and theirs is wrong, but that they argue against themselves.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You are one of the barbarians not only at the gates, but through much of the city. I am an eager young general watching, horrified, from the last line of defences, in the temple perched on the hill.
The stakes could not be higher, but where are the riders of Rohan!?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Scratch that, i'm one of the riders. Make me the king. I will galantly die for the cause. Gandalf is the pope
Fucking orcs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)