• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Zayd

HSC
dilroy said:
That is just completely stupid, why should I live to worship some superstitious being created by humans thousands of years ago, yet alone doesn't even exist?
I find it funny how Polytheism, Hinduism and Bhuddism was created long before the existence of God, and since the beginning of Judaism (creation of God), its been a "Nup God created this place, we are going to write history from now on" situation.

Religion is like the economy, even like evolution, things will change over time within the world... I guess there will be no more super-power religion in the future because humans are becoming smarter, and hence the next step is the disintegration of religion altogether.
Believing in religion will only cause fear in people, you have to make the most out of life and treasure it. Although there is a fine line between freedom and stupiditiy.

Do you read them bullshit stories in the Bible yourself? Do you actually believe they are true? Jesus Christ was just a normal human being who suddeny aged and believed he was the son of God. Like Bhudda, The Pharoah and Mohammad... they were all human beings. Do you still believe Jesus will return someday? The only people I know who have risen from the dead are Kerry Packer and The Undertaker.

This is what I hate, God believers trying so hard to prove the existence of a 'God' and cursing those who don't believe. It's best to just ignore and believe in your own faith.

The universe is so large and Earth makes up only 0.000001% of it, yet we still believe there is a 'supreme being'... that's like saying I created New Zealand.

Religion will die out some day, it is inevitable. And besides, I got better stuff to do than waste two hours of my life in church and learning nonsense.
Read the life of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.uh)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Zayd said:
The quran states a non-muslim who does good in this world (i.e. saving some1 thinking of suicidal) will be rewarded in this world. This could be in the form of wealth, happiness, etc.
i know about that

i dont want to be rewarded for things i do, i find the action itself rewarding.

you've told me in your previous post, that my meaning of life eg helping others or make meaning for other people's lives, is not enough to make it meaningful? this is what i have a problem with. Why is my life non-meaningful to you, but obviously pretty good considering you've said God would've probably been pleased with my efforts....

Zayd

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i know about that

i dont want to be rewarded for things i do, i find the action itself rewarding.

you've told me in your previous post, that my meaning of life eg helping others or make meaning for other people's lives, is not enough to make it meaningful? this is what i have a problem with. Why is my life non-meaningful to you, but obviously pretty good considering you've said God would've probably been pleased with my efforts....
Thats the thing, your life seems to be meaningful through helping others, however that meaning is gone once you die. Then what? thats wht i mean by "primary purpose"

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Zayd said:
You might say your life is not meaningless as yet, but the day you will be on your death bed, just before you die, you will admitt to yourself, you lived a life without any "primary" purpose. Because all the limited achievements you experienced during you lifetime, are left behind in the world.
i wonder if on your deathbed you will look back and realise you never really did anything you wanted, only things you were told. and then you'll realise that once you die, that's it. you don't get another shot at it

HSC
I hate it when religious types try to tell non religious types that their life is meaningless. Lots of non-religious people do good things in our world and try to better the lot of our species as a whole. Now if you don't consider that I good purpose in life ... I feel sorry for you because you are extremely short sighted.

[QUOTE = Zayd]Thats the thing, your life seems to be meaningful through helping others, however that meaning is gone once you die. Then what? thats wht i mean by "primary purpose"[/QUOTE]

I thought people could go extremely low in these sort of forums but that is disgusting. That meaning is not lost when you die because you leave a legacy with the people that you have helped and their children. There is also the possibility that you will inspire others to do such work and that will better society as a whole.

I am an opened mind sort of person and I don't care if you believe in something that you wish to believe, whether your religious, gay etc etc. But what I can't stand is when religious types try to superimpose their beliefs or religions on you and when they declare your life as worthless because you don't believe what they believe.

End rant

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Zayd said:
Thats the thing, your life seems to be meaningful through helping others, however that meaning is gone once you die. Then what? thats wht i mean by "primary purpose"
why the hell dont you just short cut this meaningless life and quickly get to allah so yuo can pray to him for another eternity

Zayd

HSC
SashatheMan said:
why the hell dont you just short cut this meaningless life and quickly get to allah so yuo can pray to him for another eternity
lame.....

Zayd

HSC
withoutaface said:
I wouldn't consider the quran to be a real reason.
thats because u havent read it, and if you have, not with an open mind and open heart so you actually understand what its about

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Zayd said:
you say that because you feel that God exists without a doubt.

Personally i feel that if God existed, he would be like "Stef, you really lived you life, appreciated it to the fullest, and spent a good deal of it enriching other people's lives. Good work. Come sit on my knee"

On my death bed I would have no regrets. I'm agnostic. Although I do lean to the idea that God probably does exist. I just don't follow any organised religion. And if God exists, I'm sure he would look at my life and be a fair judge.

propose, Zayd, that God didn't exist. Just imagine. I am not questioning your faith, I want you to think of it theoretically. Then on your death bed what would you say?

Zayd

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
you say then what as if youre sure that God exists. If God existed, I feel he would be like "Stef, you really lived you life, appreciated it to the fullest, and spent a good deal of it enriching other people's lives. Good work. Come sit on my knee"

On my death bed I would have no regrets. I'm agnostic. And if God exists, I'm sure he would look at my life and be a fair judge.

propose, Zayd, that God didn't exist. Just imagine. Then on your death bed what would you say?
i would ask my self what was the reason behind my existance

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Zayd said:
i would ask my self what was the reason behind my existance
fair enough... its your own personal answer.

I'll admit that I too would be pretty disappointed, but I know I'll die, satisfied of the life I had...

As a theoretical question, not to offend your beliefs, what if he was not the God you worshipped, but the Catholic God? But you don't entirely follow Catholic values, of course.

What would you say to Him if He asked you why you should be let in to heaven?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)