Does God exist? (11 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
Eh, I don't think I would agree with that. Besides the fact that you could really only issue that argument against monotheistic religions, I don't really find that occurring in my own church or relationships I have with other Christians. Certainly in my case, I am super open to meeting people from other religions and understanding their views. It's a good opportunity to see how my own beliefs stack up and further my on my path to finding some truth and rationality in this life.

It says in the Bible that they only way to the Father God is through the son, right? ( meaning ?)

I dont know what sort of Christian church you go to , but it doesnt sound like any ive been to!

BradCube

HSC
Snaykew said:
Does that mean Athiests have two gods?
It could mean they have any number of Gods to dismiss (Whilst the Christian will always have one less (if the Christian God was dismissed by the atheist)) :p

BradCube

HSC
*TRUE* said:
It says in the Bible that they only way to the Father God is through the son, right? ( meaning ?)

I dont know what sort of Christian church you go to , but it doesnt sound like any ive been to!
Ha ha, I should probably restate (I seemed to have developed a habit for being misinterpreted)

I did not mean to say that, other religious beliefs can combine with my beliefs to enhance Christianity. Not at all, for like you have said, belief in Christianity requires belief in an exclusive way to salvation.

But this does not mean that I am discriminatory to other religions. I am always very willing to listen to what others have to say with their own views on topics (just as I am to hear what atheists say here). I am pleased when such discussions provoke me to investigate my own faith further, and find out whether it really holds its own ground.

EDIT: Maybe I should better rephrase to say that I am not discriminatory toward people of other religions. This was the main point originally wasn't it?

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
Ha ha, I should probably restate (I seemed to have developed a habit for being misinterpreted)

I did not mean to say that, other religious beliefs can combine with my beliefs to enhance Christianity. Not at all, for like you have said, belief in Christianity requires belief in an exclusive way to salvation.

But this does not mean that I am discriminatory to other religions. I am always very willing to listen to what others have to say with their own views on topics (just as I am to hear what atheists say here). I am pleased when such discussions provoke me to investigate my own faith further, and find out whether it really holds its own ground.
I guess i sort of understand you Brad - but why do u feel that your own rationality can verify God's existence?
This is what i do not understand.

BradCube

HSC
*TRUE* said:
I guess i sort of understand you Brad - but why do u feel that your own rationality can verify God's existence?
This is what i do not understand.

I don't feel that my own rationality can prove Gods existence if that is what you mean. I am humanly limited, so naturally God is going to know and be able to comprehend a lot more than I am.

However, I think I should also have good reason for testifying for what I believe in. If I have no good reason for believing or even worse, if my beliefs are entirely irrational within my own mind, then I have a problem.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
I don't feel that my own rationality can prove Gods existence if that is what you mean. I am humanly limited, so naturally God is going to know and be able to comprehend a lot more than I am.

However, I think I should also have good reason for testifying for what I believe in. If I have no good reason for believing or even worse, if my beliefs are entirely irrational within my own mind, then I have a problem.
So you'll tell God that? :)
God says not to test him...but anyways...okay:)
I have another question...but i think ill wait for a little while yet.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
All I know is that I will live life and do what I can to improve the wellbeing of others. I don't have time to ponder if God exists or not. If God wants to send me to hell for doing my best to help others but being a fencesitter on the matter of religion, then he can go screw himself. :p

To me, he seems to have quite an ego. Creating peope with freewill yet wanting them to worship him. >=P

BradCube

HSC
*TRUE* said:
So you'll tell God that? :)
God says not to test him...but anyways...okay:)
I have another question...but i think ill wait for a little while yet.
Well of course I would tell him that - if given the opportunity to do so. In fact I tell him that now.

If I am expected to believe in God without having any reason at all for doing so, I find that an entirely unfair situation to be in (although one that a God could create if He so desired) Aside from that though, I don't think that is what God requires. God will usually prompt a person that he exists. I suppose this is why Christians will say that it is God that does the work in peoples hearts and not men.

Either way, I'll stand by the fact that I feel I should have reason to testify as I do. I hold what I like to think is a reasonable faith.

I know many hate the Christians here posting bible verses on this thread, but I thought I would make an exception in the case of discussion between two of us. Only really talking about verse 15 here, but I don't want to just cut the sentence short, so I will quote verse 16 also :)

1 Peter 3:15-16 (New International Version)
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
I'll give anyone $100 if they'de read through this entire thread once over in a time period of 50 hours.

Essentially, you'll be getting paid $2/hour.

GO GO GO!

u-borat

Banned
HSC
I wasted like 12 hours of my life reading the bible from start to finish; no thanks on the new offer.

bradcube; we are created in his image; no? :p

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
BradCube said:
Well of course I would tell him that - if given the opportunity to do so. In fact I tell him that now.

If I am expected to believe in God without having any reason at all for doing so, I find that an entirely unfair situation to be in (although one that a God could create if He so desired) Aside from that though, I don't think that is what God requires. God will usually prompt a person that he exists. I suppose this is why Christians will say that it is God that does the work in peoples hearts and not men.

Either way, I'll stand by the fact that I feel I should have reason to testify as I do. I hold what I like to think is a reasonable faith.

I know many hate the Christians here posting bible verses on this thread, but I thought I would make an exception in the case of discussion between two of us. Only really talking about verse 15 here, but I don't want to just cut the sentence short, so I will quote verse 16 also :)
mostly.......awesome:)

Charizard

HSC
Would jesus have had a working reproduction system ?

If so, what would that make his sperm.

BradCube

HSC
u-borat said:
I wasted like 12 hours of my life reading the bible from start to finish; no thanks on the new offer.
It only took you 12hrs to get through? Nice work
u-borat said:
bradcube; we are created in his image; no? :p
I sense a test coming on. I will answer in the affirmative.

I imagine my next answer will probably involve the talking about of sin and how far the word "image" can be extended in meaning.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
BradCube said:
x2

great post

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It doesn't mean you're discriminatory, but I find it hard to believe that you can whole heartedly accept or entertain the thought of other options considering that your religion quite clearly states there is one God.

Entertaining the idea of another God or no God is pretty contradictory to your religion, yes?

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
It doesn't mean you're discriminatory, but I find it hard to believe that you can whole heartedly accept or entertain the thought of other options considering that your religion quite clearly states there is one God.

Entertaining the idea of another God or no God is pretty contradictory to your religion, yes?
But God gives us a brain to think with and to question what has been told to us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)