Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
You really believe in full on magical miracles? How cute.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
There probably is a logical non-miraculous explanation, i was just putting it out their.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
CharlieB said:
There probably is a logical non-miraculous explanation, i was just putting it out their.
You also failed the 'their/there/they're' test... cute. Well yeah there is so why put it out there? Cases of people being tricked because they're relying on themselves instead of something more objective like the scientific method don't really do your cause that much good.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
katie tully said:
There
Their
They're
Improvement in the discipline of a man's use of language must reflect an improvement in the discipline of that man's thoughts. Whereas decay in the discipline of a man's use of language must reflect decay in the discipline of that man's thoughts.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
CharlieB said:
But don't you think the world would be a little more disturbing if everybody just "flopped it out" when they were bored?

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
i am familiar with the works of Philip Atkinson, thank you very much.

(that is a lie)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
CharlieB said:
i am familiar with the works of Philip Atkinson, thank you very much.

(that is a lie)
Meaning and knowledge are used by an understanding to construct a view of the world —reality. Hence it is the moral foundation of an understanding, as well as experience, that dictates reality. And there can be no reality except that realised by an understanding. A Reality is in effect the memory of an understanding.

Almighty Bucket

Slow Jerk
HSC
"the doctrine of the double motion of the earth about its axis and about the sun is false and entirely contradictory to Holy Scripture" - Pope Paul V (God's representative on Earth) during the trial of Galileo Gallilei.

Case closed....but

I'll never be able to disprove God's existence, his creation predates intelligent thought and so long as modern christians continue to believe that the Bible isn't literal, all evidence which contradicts it will be ignored.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Almighty Bucket said:
"the doctrine of the double motion of the earth about its axis and about the sun is false and entirely contradictory to Holy Scripture" - Pope Paul V (God's representative on Earth) during the trial of Galileo Gallilei.

Case closed....but

I'll never be able to disprove God's existence, his creation predates intelligent thought and so long as modern christians continue to believe that the Bible isn't literal, all evidence which contradicts it will be ignored.
Hey, they admitted they were wrong, in 1992 :D

bezzz

HSC
then how do we possibly exist.....
if you found a silver watch in the middle of a desert, you would immediately think who left it there.....so as for us, who put us here....
obviously allah (god)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
if you found a silver watch in the middle of a desert, you would immediately think who left it there.....so as for us, who put us here....
obviously allah (god)
Everything created has a creator.
We were created.
We have a creator.

Name that fallacy, there's a real obvious one.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
bezzz said:
obviously allah (god)
The reason that that's a poor analogy is because on a beach there are none of the materials for the creation of a watch. Should there be other little bits of watch lying around on the beach and the raw materials, and varying degrees of watch formation, then we wouldn't find it so incredible would we?

We are not a silver watch found on the beach because we can look around us and see the progression from simple to complex with reference to evolution and other scientific discoveries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)