do you believe in god?

• Total voters

theone111

HSC
N/A
so

you're the same as the people you just described
no

im happy to hear other people out and am open to re-shaping my belief through further knowledge

the end bit was just giving a brief on how i stand at this present time

snaz

HSC
Question: What came first, chicken or egg?
God exists :)

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
the chicken did

we all evolved from microorganisms that started the earth and evolved continuously into the civilisation we have now

bacteria etc was the off-product of the big bang which then had to adapt to its environment

it started to develop limbs, a greater intellectual capacity, aesthetic features etc

every part of the human body has a survival purpose and isnt there just for show and tell

+ u can still believe in evolution and be a christian

God created the UNIVERSE and left it to run its own course
thats the power of freedom

everything and anything is possible

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Oh rubbish.
lmao ur a fucknut

people think catholicism = christianity

no.

you cant be a catholic if u believe in evolution (because they are twisted and havent developed their beliefs)

but u can most certainly be a christian

cheese_cheese

HSC
lmao ur a fucknut

no.

you cant be a catholic if u believe in evolution (because they are twisted and havent developed their beliefs)

You are clearly wrong. I am Catholic although also believe in the theory of evolution.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
You are clearly wrong. I am Catholic although also believe in the theory of evolution.
no ur not

ur not a catholic in the strict sense of the word

they believe "god made the heavens and the earth in 7 days"

just because u were BORN a catholic and then say i BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION
doesnt mean the catholic denom agrees with it

lol
so i would call you a part-time catholic

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Pope John Paul II said of evolution that "this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favour of this theory."

You have no idea what you're talking about

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Pope John Paul II said of evolution that "this theory has been progressively accepted by researchers, following a series of discoveries in various fields of knowledge. The convergence, neither sought nor fabricated, of the results of work that was conducted independently is in itself a significant argument in favour of this theory."

You have no idea what you're talking about
thats news to my ears

and im glad im wrong

i still dont align with catholic interpretations though

carmenleung1

HSC
While I'm preparing my anti-thesis to moonlights anithesis, i thought I'd respond to what's going on here already.

I wouldn't go so far as to say the person is idiotic. Ignorant is more what i'm thinking.

Is it fair to say that because I've never been to China and experienced being there that China does not exist? It certainly doesnt exist for me. But if i were to meet some Chinese people or even people who had been to China, could i still ignore the fact that China might just be there?

In the same way, your argument that God does not exist for you seems a bit silly. Would God cease to exist because you have never seen him or experienced his presence before? What if God were to send someone to you, like an angel... or even just someone who he has revealed himself to and can testify to his presence? Could you still ignore the the fact that God might just be real?

Say I went to China one day, and then i was put on trial for rebelling against the authority of the country. Would my defence hold up if i were to say "I shouldnt be blamed for rebelling against the Chinese authority because i didn't believe that China even existed let alone had any power!" I sincerely doubt it. And what if the Judge were to say "How can you not have know China existed?! You have seen Chinese people before! You have met people who have BEEN to China. China will exist whether you like it or not!" What excuse can I have?

Likewise... What if one day you were to stand before God in judgement because you are guilty of rebelling against him? Could you argue that you shouldnt be held accountable because you didn't know God existed and that you were rebelling against him? And what if he were to reply "How can you not know that I exist?! Have I not sent people to you who come from me, who know me and have experienced my presence, to warn you that I do exist. How can you claim that I did not make myself known to you?!" What excuse will there be?

So i guess what i will try to argue in the future is that it is not up to me to prove to you wether or not God exists. Because if God exists, which i am convinced that he does, he will not cease to exist just because you do not believe that he exists. But I stand before you as a child of God, through the redemption of Christ Jesus, to say God has revealed himself to me and I have felt his presence and I am absolutely convinced of his existance. Whether you believe that or not does not change a thing.

My only hope is that through the words that I say and through the life that I live you may see me and say "There is a man who has been changed by the presence of God!" And through this I pray that God may reveal his existance to you.
+100000

boris

Banned
HSC
so many religious cunts

i was seriously hoping we would be rid of this scourge in my generation

sigh

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
lmao ur a fucknut

no.

Sorry if my fucknuttery offends you...
But to be Christian, don't you have to believe that man originated from Adam and Eve? An absurd, unfounded, unsupported theory that is in complete conflict with evolution? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely,
Fucknut.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
If I die and st peter or whatever is tapping his clipboard shaking hes head at me, I'm a use the chewbacca DEFENSE!

zhiying

HSC
Personally, I'm open to the idea if God can show himself to me in some way and prove that all the fancy stuff in the book are real because c'mon, why aren't we believing in Harry Potter then -_-

Plus the idea of so many religion and different Gods is kind of contradictory to me, who's the strongest?

Garygaz

HSC
why would a god punish those who look the hardest for the evidence to prove him? faith takes nothing, spending over a thousand years to learn about the origins of humans and the universe to only find evidence pointing to a godless universe? why would a god do that?

why are miracles only things that can be medical phenomena explained by science, tumors going into recession, cancer reversing? a real miracle would be a man growing back a leg! but no, your god chooses to play with the minds of the skeptics by only performing miracles that otherwise can occur naturally.

why would a god even need to create life? are we a game to him? made to suffer in a world of dictators, murder, rape and intolerance only to please this great deity through regular prayer? would a loving god really be happy with watching his own 'children' suffering immeasurable pain and death?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
the chicken did

we all evolved from microorganisms that started the earth and evolved continuously into the civilisation we have now

bacteria etc was the off-product of the big bang which then had to adapt to its environment

it started to develop limbs, a greater intellectual capacity, aesthetic features etc

every part of the human body has a survival purpose and isnt there just for show and tell

+ u can still believe in evolution and be a christian

God created the UNIVERSE and left it to run its own course
thats the power of freedom

everything and anything is possible
The egg came first.
Dinosaur eggs.
+ Chickens evolved from other birds and they already laid eggs.
+ The evolution would occur in the early stages of fertilisation or meiosis of gametes which is before the chicken is born.

A principal teaching of Catholicism is "Natural law" which is the belief that every human has within him/her the tools to perceive what is right and wrong. So, technically you can be a Catholic and believe whatever you want as long as you believe in the principal teachings and all that jazz.
Authoritative figures have tried to change this recently, but it's not the backbone of Catholicism. Although, the word of the Pope is supposedly the word of God it is up to the individual to perceive what is right and wrong from what they learn. This isn't Islam jurisprudence, where the individual is last in the list of ways to deal with ethics.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Sorry if my fucknuttery offends you...
But to be Christian, don't you have to believe that man originated from Adam and Eve? An absurd, unfounded, unsupported theory that is in complete conflict with evolution? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sincerely,
Fucknut.
no
just if ur catholic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)