Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
acmilan said:
Honestly i am not sure about whether Jesus or Moses told about Mohammed, but the Old Testament contains a number of references from a number of prophets about the coming of a great prophet which fits the description of Jesus:

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephrata, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah," Micah the prophet spoke, "yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." (Micah 5:2).

However, there are also other quotes that may allude to another great prophet to come after Jesus. The Bible says there will come a prophet "like unto Moses." Now one can argue that to Christians Jesus is not "like unto Moses" because of how different a person Jesus is to Moses in terms of Christian beliefs. Its all mysterious to know who or what the prophecies fortold and whether or not some of them allude to someone coming after Jesus, but I have no doubt that the main prophecy in the Bible one of Jesus coming.
This info is from the 15.11.1991 Watchtower about Moses and Jesus...

Jesus and Moses

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Religion Confusion

soha said:
i was at westfeilds shopping centre the other day
and people were playing christmas carols and handing out God pamphlets
i read the pamphlet
and it was just about how much jesus loved me
but i thought jesus loves us in islam too..
so how can i choose my religon based on the love of jesus
i dunno..its all so confusing
and is it that easy..to just accept christianity
i want to meet christian converts
i know a lady who converted to seventh day adventist
and i want to know..why..like why not plain christianity or jehovas witness or catholic or mormonism
how does one choose..because they arent that different...from one another..
are they?
Try reading these...

right religion

Religion

Bible

Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses - What do they believe?

I hope these links are helpful. :)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
oh ok
i know i should look into this before i ask
but is it true you cant celebrate birthdays?
just wondering..coz my friend was one and she wanst allowed to have partys
and when i said why she sed her religon
so yeah..
do u know why?

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
soha said:
oh ok
i know i should look into this before i ask
but is it true you cant celebrate birthdays?
just wondering..coz my friend was one and she wanst allowed to have partys
and when i said why she sed her religon
so yeah..
do u know why?
Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate birthdays or have birthday parties. But they do have parties, just not for things that conflict with their beliefs or the bible. There are a number of reasons why we don't celebrate birthdays including the two references in the bible to birthday celebrations, the history of birthday practices and birthday customs.

This link explains it fully:

Birthdays

This one briefly:

Birthdays2

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
soha said:
i was at westfeilds shopping centre the other day
and people were playing christmas carols and handing out God pamphlets
i read the pamphlet
and it was just about how much jesus loved me
but i thought jesus loves us in islam too..
so how can i choose my religon based on the love of jesus
i dunno..its all so confusing
and is it that easy..to just accept christianity
i want to meet christian converts
i know a lady who converted to seventh day adventist
and i want to know..why..like why not plain christianity or jehovas witness or catholic or mormonism
how does one choose..because they arent that different...from one another..
are they?
There are differences between them, especially between jehovas witness', catholics and mormons, enough for them to be different denominations. Christianity is the religion, the other three you mentions are variants of the same religion. More often than not people identify themselves to one specific denominations but sometimes people prefer to just refer to themselves as Christians without supporting any group over another.

Also a question ive been meaning to ask, what are the differences between the variants of Islam?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
On a totally random note Serena Williams is a jehovahs witness and she had a birthday party...should we send her to life in hell.

Ughhh religion just doesnt do it for me...it views everything with such binary closure. I'm slowly becoming a heretic. God save my soul!

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
Arguments on the validity of God bore me. It's such a pointless affair. Someone once asked me if I believed in God, I said no. He asked why, and I smugly replied with "It's a matter of faith."

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
acmilan said:
Also a question ive been meaning to ask, what are the differences between the variants of Islam?
there isnt much. we all believe in one god and accept that mohammad is his prophet. we kind of differ on really small things but the greatest is that sunni's believe that the succesorship of the prophet was given to a man called abu baaker, whilst the shia believe that the propeht before he died announced Ali, his cousin and son-in-law that he must take over after him....so yeh...theres shia, sunni, wahabi, alawie....they are the ones i know of....alawie are a bit odd....they have Ali as more important that mohammad and even god at times...they almost worship him...theres also sufi's...but i dunno much about them....they live in deserts, like bedouins...so like, the differences are minimum....there is one thing.....the sunnis believe that abu baaker, and the men that came after him were a good men, whilst the shia believe they tried to bring about the demise of islam and were actually very bad people..

firehose

HSC
So is that sort of connected with the so-called conflict between Sunnis and Shi-ites in Iraq and other places? apparently in Iraq the mid-north is dominated by Sunnis, the far north by Kurds and the south by Shi-ites. and the election was virtually all participated upon by the shi-ites and kurds. sounds like a lot of division

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
firehose said:
So is that sort of connected with the so-called conflict between Sunnis and Shi-ites in Iraq and other places? apparently in Iraq the mid-north is dominated by Sunnis, the far north by Kurds and the south by Shi-ites. and the election was virtually all participated upon by the shi-ites and kurds. sounds like a lot of division
ah well yeh....u can say that.....theres always conflict when two sides dont agree on something....

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
its like 2 main sects
sunni and shia
and then 3 smaller ones
wahabi..alawi..and soofi
and soofi is just a really pious muslim who lives a simple life..who lives for the sould purpose of worshipping God
wahabi is you could say is a bit more extreme and strict in their religon and practices
there is 1 million wahabis around the world
sunni follows the way of the prophet..sunni al rasoul(way of teh prophet)

and alawi..is really tough..they stand for the prophets family..like high respect and beliefs
no real difference..same God..same prophet
same morals and values and stuff
just a difference in the history of islam

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
acmilan said:

its interesting, coz i only realised the true differences between the sects like last year!

ive always called myself a muslim, i dont call myself sunni or shia or watever!
whenever a guy says he/she's muslim, i just assume we share a common faith.
a lot of the muslims i know, either dont know the differences between the sects, or dont care!

but thats because, my community is mostly sunnis although ive met a couple of shias before, but we get along fine. Ive never met anyone who says he's sunni/shia muslim - just muslim.

anyways the differences are mainly political, although some minor sects like the

sufis -are more into mysticism- getting into the spiritual realm of things.

wahabis- like to get back to pure islam like in the olden days when the islamic state was at its golden age.

sunnis and shias, well i think jou jou explained this

there are others ofcourse,

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
joujou_84 said:
theres also sufi's...but i dunno much about them....they live in deserts, like bedouins...so like, the differences are minimum...
well the sufis do like to live solitary lives
they dont want to convert others to sufism coz all they care about is personal spirituality

but when people ask them about their way of life, they will share their islam with others. some of the arab traders to indonesia i heard were sufis, the indonesians were impressed with their way of life and asked about it.

sufism was also one of the first islamic groups to spread to britian, because some people were looking for something simple- thats what i heard- but most there are sunnis.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
wasted_emotions said:
of course God exists, think about it, how the fuck could we all just evolve from a 'big bang'? look how advanced we are as a species, it says in the Bible that we were created in Gods image, that is why we are different to animals, we didnt evolve from fucking monkies either, stupid fuckin scientists.... if we did, how come monkies dont turn into humans today? scientists are just naive fuckwits and i hope they all die
I really should have put a minimum IQ limit on this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)