Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Yes Mohammed is a prophet. Perhaps your teacher doesnt believe so because hes not mentioned in the Bible?

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
So why does such a discrepancy exist acmilan? And if the Bible doesn't allude to Muhammad (pbuh) then how can Christians beleive in him. I beleive in Jesus (pbuh) for the sole reason that he is mentioned in the Quran. Im quite curious to know and have no other personal agendas (just in case you get the wrong impression).

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
Koran is a Westernised or rather Americanised version of spelling the Quran. Quran is an authenitcally Arabic method of spelling it and obviously the latter spelling is the phonetically accurate / more permissible variant.

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
mz_purfect said:
So why does such a discrepancy exist acmilan? And if the Bible doesn't allude to Muhammad (pbuh) then how can Christians beleive in him. I beleive in Jesus (pbuh) for the sole reason that he is mentioned in the Quran. Im quite curious to know and have no other personal agendas (just in case you get the wrong impression).
I think what Acmilan is trying to say is that Muhammed was a real person and we believe this; because Christians do not believe he was a prophet of God!

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
acmilan said:
Yes Mohammed is a prophet. Perhaps your teacher doesnt believe so because hes not mentioned in the Bible?
Wow now my confusion has intensified. Waterfowl if Christians don't beleive in Muhammad as a Prophet then why did acmilan say so? And how can Chrisitan's (if according to acmilan) beleive in him as a Prophet when he wasn't even mentioned in the Bible. I think its time I called up my teacher :)

waterfowl

HSC
mz_purfect said:
Wow now my confusion has intensified. Waterfowl if Christians don't beleive in Muhammad as a Prophet then why did acmilan say so? And how can Chrisitan's (if according to acmilan) beleive in him as a Prophet when he wasn't even mentioned in the Bible. I think its time I called up my teacher :)
Didn't you read what I said? Most Christians understand that Muhammed was a real person, who was a prophet of Muslim. That is most likely what Acmilan meant,
Christian's do not believe that Muhammed was a prophet of God.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
mz_purfect said:
I have two possible explanations:
1. It could have something to do with the fact that the Bible was compiled before Mohammed was around, I mean he was around in the 600s. Most of the prophets are in the Old Testament which was formed way back even before Jesus.
2. Although he is recognised as a prophet, to Christians Mohammed is not seen as any more special than any other prophet, or atleast as special as he is to Islam. There is no possible way to put every single prophet into one book, especially ones that came after the books were formed.

waterfowl

HSC
acmilan said:
2. Although he is recognised as a prophet, to Christians Mohammed is not seen as any more special than any other prophet, or atleast as special as he is to Islam. There is no possible way to put every single prophet into one book, especially ones that came after the books were formed.
Are you a Christian? Because anyone who believes Muhammed was a prophet of God, is not really a Christian.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
Are you a Christian? Because anyone who believes Muhammed was a prophet of God, is not really a Christian.
There is a difference between prophet and prophet of God. Believing he was a prophet sent by God would mean that I think of him in the same way that Muslims do

waterfowl

HSC
Oh so you don't believe in his teachings, because a lot of what you said implied that you do!

A prophet is a person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed. Therefore you saying that Christians believe he is a prophet, without expressing a prophet of Muslim, made it seem as though you believed in what he teached.

I am a Christian, I don't like the definition of saying what "branch" you're from, it makes it sound like a bank.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
Oh so you don't believe in his teachings, because a lot of what you said implied that you do!

A prophet is a person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed. Therefore you saying that Christians believe he is a prophet, without expressing a prophet of Muslim, made it seem as though you believed in what he teached.

I am a Christian, I don't like the definition of saying what "branch" you're from, it makes it sound like a bank.
Well prophets need not be of a divine nature, they can also be people who provide moral insights and guidelines.

Although I identify myself as Christian, I usually say im more specifically Roman Catholic as there are some things different between the variants

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
questions

1) hey has the bible been tampered by man?

2) didnt jews kill jesus?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
dawma88 said:
1) hey has the bible been tampered by man?

2) didnt jews kill jesus?
1) Honestly i cant speak for the old testament as im not too sure about it but the new testament hasnt been tampered by man, it was written by man in the first place. The New testament is a record of the teachings and actions of Jesus written by those who travelled with him and saw his actions, God does not really play a big role in it in terms of actually speaking to people or doing anything to them (other than sending dowen Jesus), it focuses mainly on how God sent Jesus and how Jesus died for us. It is made from a collection of perspectives, including four gospels, the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) and the gospel of John. Later on it also contains letters from various apostles to various groups talking about faith and Christ. It ends with revelation, a book written at the time of the persecution of Christians, which is a metaphoric book to keep up hope in the harsh times (some people do take what is said in there literally)

2) No, Jesus was predetermined to die by God, whether the Jews wanted him dead or not is irrelevant.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
acmilan said:
isnt his name Ahmad in the bible?
because the name ahmad and mohammed are the same..
and i rememebr reading something like a pophet will come after you his name is ahmad

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
soha said:
isnt his name Ahmad in the bible?
because the name ahmad and mohammed are the same..
and i rememebr reading something like a pophet will come after you his name is ahmad
yeah i read something like that too, i second it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)