there prolly was no gum
maybe natural substances..i dunno what they chewed
but this article was written recently
thats why they referring to gum
so we can understand it better

i have a question
ar eu sikh or hindu..
or maybe u know
cna u tell me why the men grow their hair long and wear turbans?
im curious
also...what do the dots on the forehead mean
red..black..etc??
yeah sure, i am a sikh, but please forgive me because i am still researching my own religion (which is why i ask so many questions)

i dont know what the do means, that is a hindu thing, its totally different to sikhism, but there are similarities, as is with islam

The Physical Articles of Faith

Kesh:
Long unshorn hair. A symbol of spirituality. The Kesh reminds a Khalsa to behave like the Guru's. It is a mark of dedication and group consciousness, showing a Khalsa's acceptance of God's will. Long hair have long been a common element of many spiritual prophets of various religions such as Jesus, Moses and Buddha.

Dastar:
Turban. A symbol of royalty and dignity. Historically the turban has been held in high esteem in eastern and middle eastern cultures. Guru Gobind Singh transformed this cultural symbol into a religious requirement so that the Khalsa would always have high self-esteem. It differentiates Sikhs from other religious followers who keep long hair but wear caps or keep matted hair. The turban cannot be covered by any other head gear or replaced by a cap or hat. The turban is mandatory for Sikh men and optional for Sikh women.

Kangha:
Comb. A symbol of hygiene and discipline as opposed to the matted unkept hair of ascetics. A Khalsa is expected to regularly wash and comb their hair as a matter of self discipline.

Kara:
Steel bracelet. A symbol to remind the wearer of restraint in their actions and remembrance of God at all times.

Kachha:
Drawers. A symbol signifying self control and chastity.

Kirpan:
Ceremonial Sword. A symbol of dignity and the Sikh struggle against injustice. It is worn purely as a religious symbol and not as a weapon.

this is what a member of the "Khalsa" always wears as physical attire.

i dont have long hair, i used to but i cut it due to personal reasons, but i think it will take to long to grow back now....

i wear the kara also

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
dark_angel said:
yeah sure, i am a sikh, but please forgive me because i am still researching my own religion (which is why i ask so many questions)

i dont know what the do means, that is a hindu thing, its totally different to sikhism, but there are similarities, as is with islam

The Physical Articles of Faith

Kesh:
Long unshorn hair. A symbol of spirituality. The Kesh reminds a Khalsa to behave like the Guru's. It is a mark of dedication and group consciousness, showing a Khalsa's acceptance of God's will. Long hair have long been a common element of many spiritual prophets of various religions such as Jesus, Moses and Buddha.

Dastar:
Turban. A symbol of royalty and dignity. Historically the turban has been held in high esteem in eastern and middle eastern cultures. Guru Gobind Singh transformed this cultural symbol into a religious requirement so that the Khalsa would always have high self-esteem. It differentiates Sikhs from other religious followers who keep long hair but wear caps or keep matted hair. The turban cannot be covered by any other head gear or replaced by a cap or hat. The turban is mandatory for Sikh men and optional for Sikh women.

Kangha:
Comb. A symbol of hygiene and discipline as opposed to the matted unkept hair of ascetics. A Khalsa is expected to regularly wash and comb their hair as a matter of self discipline.

Kara:
Steel bracelet. A symbol to remind the wearer of restraint in their actions and remembrance of God at all times.

Kachha:
Drawers. A symbol signifying self control and chastity.

Kirpan:
Ceremonial Sword. A symbol of dignity and the Sikh struggle against injustice. It is worn purely as a religious symbol and not as a weapon.

this is what a member of the "Khalsa" always wears as physical attire.

i dont have long hair, i used to but i cut it due to personal reasons, but i think it will take to long to grow back now....

i wear the kara also
i see
lol this may be wrong and silly but i heard u can cut ur hair if u kill a muslim
haha..

Generator

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
well the way i see it is god tells us wat is best for us.....so if we dont follow it, its not that we asked for it......its just that we didnt listen to some good advice...
soha said:
well..there is also a difference between wearing jeans and a t-shirt and a mini skirt and a tank top with your tits hanging out

what is a mini skirt and tank top implying..why would u want to wear it?
why do girls wear that shit?
do they want attention..they want guys to look at their beautiful bodies
why else..coz they like it?
and for the girls who dress like that(yeah they have the right to wear whatever they want)
but they cant complain when guys gawk at them..or call out to them or try and pick them up

there is no reason thats can justify a raping..
in some cases the girl does bring it upon herself..attention wise..and having a guy harass her
even tho she should be able to walk freely without being harrased
but reality it doenst work like that
muslim men are taught to lower their gaze..to avoid this problem..

soha said:
yeah i didnt say that u dress like a slut and u deserve to be raped..or u bring it upon urself
i said that there is no valid reason to rape someone..
and u should be able to walk down the street freely wearing whatever u wnat and not be harassed
by why..would a hoe..who dresses like a hoe..and we all know what kind of girls they are..
why would she dress like that...then complain when shes harassed by idiot guys
and yeah its fashionable ...cool
and they like it..good for them..
just dont complain when you get sleazes all over you
my friend dresses a bit extreme...then goes to clubs...and has guys all over her and shit..
then she comes back and says omg they so grose cnat they leave me alone etc
shes an attention whore..and dresses like a slut but then complains about it later
wtf..
wtf do i car really..i dont ..walk around naked 4 all i care
just dont complain about people who cover them selves up(directed to people in general)

A great comment that I came across late last year noted that what many people see as 'fuck me' clothes are in all likelihood just 'fuck you' clothes... Once again, it's a woman's body and nobody should expect to be treated with little to no respect (and to suffer in silence) for just wearing what they like, reality or not. It's the social-conservatives and a number of men who should change, not the woman's sense of fashion.

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Generator - "nobody should expect to be treated with little to no respect (and to suffer in silence) for just wearing what they like, reality or not" i know what ur thinking, but it is reality and people do judge people by what they wear this shud b realized.....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Generator said:
A great comment that I came across late last year noted that what many people see as 'fuck me' clothes are in all likelihood just 'fuck you' clothes... Once again, it's a woman's body and nobody should expect to be treated with little to no respect (and to suffer in silence) for just wearing what they like, reality or not. It's the social-conservatives and a number of men who should change, not the woman's sense of fashion.
but then again men wont stop raping and sexual harrassing so its up to the women to protect herself in any way she sees fit....

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
but then again men wont stop raping and sexual harrassing so its up to the women to protect herself in any way she sees fit....
dats true...come on ppl, u should dress 2 occasion - ie if ur going out 2 a wedding or dinner or sumwer - night event u dress fancy, if not, u dress whatever, but if u wear a skirt heaps short and top way too revealing, its like an invitation to da guy practically, ive seen girls like dat around me and da guy goes up to her regardless of what shes feeling its just d way of life. unfair and sad, but tru.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
ok can someone please explain this to me?

"[9.4] Except those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement, then they have not failed you in anything and have not backed up any one against you, so fulfill their agreement to the end of their term; surely Allah loves those who are careful (of their duty).
[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
second one is sort of correct..wording is a bit shonky, they changed it to make it sound so barbaric...but yeh its true....do u know what chapter this verse came out of ?? the chapter talking about how the idolators will reject islam and try to destroy it in anyway possible....they will burn mosques and try to change the quran....if they do this......then in islam....u cant sit on ur arse and do jack.....it is ur obligation to defend ur religion...however like i said....theyve changed the wording to make it sound bad.....*shakes head at sadcases on the internet that have nothing betta to do except make up crap about religions*

edit: only when they attack, u retaliate......u cant just start killing ppl for no reason

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark angel......u want a tip....dont believe sites that spell it as Koran.....they are western sites.....the actually spelling in islamic sites is Quran......even this sometimes isnt reliable.....online things are shonky......

Generator

HSC
N/A
The point is that the reality should change. Why should a greater part of the human population be subjected to a form of social control through fashion in order to avert the potential acts of a pathetic minority?

sparkl3z: I know, we all judge those we see from our own point of view, but as I just said...

Generator said:
It's the social-conservatives and a number of men who should change, not the woman's sense of fashion.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
The point is that the reality should change. Why should a greater part of the human population be subjected to a form of social control through fashion in order to avert the potential acts of a pathetic minority?
QUOTE]
ok then, but how can it change when nobody does anything about it? i mean a couple of people cant change the whole world

firehose

HSC
hey all been casually following this discussion

as i am a Christian with very little knowledge about Islam and its practices i have no right to make forthright judgements but personally i believe the hijab is unnecessary and possibly oppressive. i mean, if women have to wear it to show modesty, then why don't men have to do it too?
delicate versions of it are ok but in fundamental Islamic nations such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, especially in the latter where women can't even exit the home without her whole body covered, where Mcdonalds stores counters are split up into ordering sections for men and women, where girls are killed by fire in a school blaze because when they escaped they were forced back in because they weren't covered up...... this is simply gone too far, no doubt about it.
and what do u ppl think about France's ban on girls wearing headscarves in schools?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i haven't heard abotu france's ban but i think people should be able to do what they want so they shouldn't ban headscarves in schools. it's not accepting.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
firehose said:

as i am a Christian with very little knowledge about Islam and its practices i have no right to make forthright judgements but personally i believe the hijab is unnecessary and possibly oppressive. i mean, if women have to wear it to show modesty, then why don't men have to do it too?
delicate versions of it are ok but in fundamental Islamic nations such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, especially in the latter where women can't even exit the home without her whole body covered, where Mcdonalds stores counters are split up into ordering sections for men and women, where girls are killed by fire in a school blaze because when they escaped they were forced back in because they weren't covered up...... this is simply gone too far, no doubt about it.
and what do u ppl think about France's ban on girls wearing headscarves in schools?
men have a dress code too
they cant show anything above the knees and below the breast
they cant wear fine soft womens materials like silk etc
it cant be skin tight
and also has to be modest..lol
plus women are beautiful..men are just men..no one looks at a man and his body and feels something sexual towards him
maybe they do..but in general no
when a man walks down the street i dont look twice
meh i know what i mean..
its no opression..my mum is not opressed..she chose to put the hejab on when she was 45..my sister chose to when she was 19 and i still dont
shes never been happier..and my 15 year old australian friend has also put it on and there is more freedom then opression that comes out of it
i guess u will never know till ur in their shoes

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
firehose said:

since u have very little knowledge....it suggest u get some...then ull understand that the scarf is necessary and not oppressive....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)