Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I know these quotes were a while back but no one really rebutted them.

somechick said:
No no no. You see this is the basic jist:
There were more than 100,000 prophets/messengers of God's, including:
Moses,
Jesus,
John the baptist,
and others,
and Mohammed was the last prophet/messenger of God. (Peace be Upon Them all)
Just like the Jews did not accept Jesus, Christians and Jews do not accept Mohammed, because i dont know why. I think it's cos Christianity was already new religion because they took Jesus (pbuh) the wrong way. They gave him divine qualities and associated him with God. Now Jesus (pbuh) even says in the Bible to await the coming of the Last messenger of God, Mohammed (pbuh), but due to some filanderings within the Bible, its more cryptic and there had to be a third God for the Christians to explain what Jesus was saying about the coming of the Comforter, then you have the Holy Ghost.

So you see, Jesus is NOT the Christian version of Mohammed because that would make a fourth God wouldn't? And when Mohammed came, he made it clear the one thing that the people of the book forgot: there is only ONE God.
Christians and Jews do accept Mohammed as a prophet, just because his teachings are not in the Bible or Tenach doesnt mean they dont. Jesus doesnt say to await the coming of a Last messenger from God, it is written and believed that Jesus himself will come again and that is who will be the last messenger. Also you are obviously confused about the notion of the trinity, there are not three Christian Gods, in fact see below where i have posted a section of the nicean creed which stipulates the Christian belief of the trinity and it clearly states there is only one God.

joujou_84 said:
well islam teaches that there is only one god......he dosent have a son, so does that make the christian god different to the muslim god??...maybe their interpretation of god is different to ours, but like christianity, judaism and islam all share similar prophets and things therefore it should be the same.....
I agree, and like i said before there is only one Christian God, the notion of the trinity is confusing for most people.

Nicean Creed:

We believe in one God - the Father - the Almighty
Maker of Heaven and Earth
Of all that is, seen and unseen

We believe in the Lord,
The only Son of God
Eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God,
Light from Light,
True God from true God,
One in being with the Father.
Through Him all things were made.
For us and our salvation, He came down from heaven:
By the power of the Holy Spirit
He was born of the Virgin Mary and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered died and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
And is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
And his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
Who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.
He has spoken through the prophets.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Yeah, the thing is im not, nor are the majority of Christians, a Jehovah's witness. They would obviously attempt to disprove if they dont believe it

The nature of the trinity is not the same for all denominations, in fact it was one cause for the initial split.

Again, it is difficult to understand the nature of the trinity, it is not stipulating that Jesus is God.

Last edited:

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
acmilan said:
Yeah, the thing is im not, nor are the majority of Christians, a Jehovah's witness
Does that mean you can't read it or investigate?

Proverbs 14:15 Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.

We follow the bible rather than man's word or church tradition.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Actually i have already read it.

One arguement is that the Old Testament doesnt stipulate the Holy Spirit. But it is obvious that it wouldnt because the New Testament is the section concerning that. They also leave out many references to it, such as:

+ Jesus said to them again, "Peace be unto you.
+ As the Father has sent me, even so send I you."
+ And when he had said this, he breathed on them
+ and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit."

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
acmilan said:
Actually i have already read it.

One arguement is that the Old Testament doesnt stipulate the Holy Spirit. But it is obvious that it wouldnt because the New Testament is the section concerning that. They also leave out many references to it, such as:

+ Jesus said to them again, "Peace be unto you.
+ As the Father has sent me, even so send I you."
+ And when he had said this, he breathed on them
+ and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit."
Please explain what you mean by this.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The major arguement is that the Trinity was just something made up by man ie not in the Bible nor in Jesus' teachings, and im showing that it is in Jesus' teachings

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
acmilan said:
The major arguement is that the Trinity was just something made up by man ie not in the Bible nor in Jesus' teachings, and im showing that it is in Jesus' teachings
I don't see how that quote supports the trinity.

By the way you are a quick reader! :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
You dont see how Jesus teachings support the trinity? Im not saying that the quote i posted is the only thing that mentions the trinity, i just used it as an example to show that it is there.

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
acmilan said:
You dont see how Jesus teachings support the trinity? Im not saying that the quote i posted is the only thing that mentions the trinity, i just used it as an example to show that it is there.
I don't understand what you mean. That quote doesn't mention the trinity. The bible does not show that there is a trinity, although many misread certain scriptures and ignore other scriptures showing that the bible does not support the trinity. This article explained this. Are you sure you read the whole thing on the trinity? All of the pages? If you click the arrow at the bottom it takes you to the next page.

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
katie_tully said:
Question, religious monkeys.

Do you guys follow your religion fanatically because it's all you know, and you've never bothered to challenge it? Or is it a choice.

My family is Italian. Very religious. I've grown up with religion, but I've also grown up with a choice of finding out for myself what suits me best.
My religion does not baptize babies because they cannot make a conscious decision. Followers do not just get baptized without any thought put into it. They cannot be forced. It is an individual decision where one dedicates their life to God because they love him and want to worship him forever and they have gained accurate knowledge of the true God. I chose to follow my religion because I know it is the truth, and it follows the bible's teachings. I am not a blind follower. We are encouraged to investigate and look into things in the bible, not just blindly accept things.

Proverbs 14:15 Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.

Acts 17:11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni´ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

Last edited:

somechick

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Yeah, the thing is im not, nor are the majority of Christians, a Jehovah's witness. They would obviously attempt to disprove if they dont believe it

The nature of the trinity is not the same for all denominations, in fact it was one cause for the initial split.

Again, it is difficult to understand the nature of the trinity, it is not stipulating that Jesus is God.
Ok then, who/what is Jesus (pbuh) exactly in Christianity?
He's not a prophet right? And not God, so who is he? How is he different to Moses? John the Baptist? And how different to the Holy Spirit/Ghost? and God, in Christianity? Its all so confusing! lol. I know in Christianity he is God's son, but in Islam, messengers are all seen as special people, they sit by Him because they are separate from us.
Also, you say(was that you?) that Mohammed (pbuh) is accepted in Christianity. But how? I thought that was the main separation between Islam and Christianty?

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I don't understand why someppl would diregard evolution.....it explains soo much and there's so much evidence for it ......if anyone can give me evidence that ppl are made from clay then i'll be happy to hear it....I guess only ppl who truly understand the concepts of evolution would understand.....obviously some ppl didn't do Biology .... and another thing we did not evolve from apes we have common ancestors with apes like the house cat having a common ancestor to the lion....

soha if you say stuff like ppl made from clay is more valid than evolution then there will be lots of ppl who will argue back....we're not picking on you it's just when you say that it seems like you're say that everyone else is an idiot and you're the one that is right...

Last edited:

somechick

HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
i so should have done bio '-_- instead of stupid legal studies...
yeah, their evidence is what the bible says... which i really don't think is literal.

BIBLE!!!! no!

*groans in agony of repeating myself*

correction: Quran!!

If you know nothing about Islam, please don't ASSUME.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
i so should have done bio '-_- instead of stupid legal studies...
yeah, their evidence is what the bible says... which i really don't think is literal.
my evidence is what the quaran says
which is literal

somechick

HSC
N/A
noel_gallagher said:
ok, let me say for the record, so all you religious nutters can shut up for a few minutes, is that I originally came onto this thread to discuss my opinion regarding god and the question of his existence. that's all i came on here to do, then I expected to go off back into the entertainment thread, however, there was a mysterious pull, telling me i should stay in this thread, to become enlightened, to become a serial pest and annoy the crap out of you people on here who just love an arguement.

I'm so glad we've all become so close!!!!!!!!!!

No one's stopping you. All you seem to do is swear and make fun of other people's beliefs. Which i'm guessing, is your belief?

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
soha said:
um..i can give you a few verses from the quaran that prove it
but you wont believe it because you dont believe in the Quaran
so it wont make any sense
and thats just liek me saying
i dont understand why some people would disreguard humans being made from clay...
it makes MORE sense to me.. ME ME ME ...
is that a crime if thats what i believe?
ppl can believe in what they want I'm not saying that beliefs are crimes....but u seem so fired up about it.....just relax....

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
oh, sorry...
yeah i agree with what you said before soha, there's nothing wrong with you believing what you believe
but as i believe in evolution, i don't know a lot about the quaran
but that doesn't mean i'm assuming, i'm just basing what i said on your posts...:)
like 20 times already... what you choose to believe is your own choice, but it might be fun to argue about it :D
it's all good...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
somechick said:
Ok then, who/what is Jesus (pbuh) exactly in Christianity?
He's not a prophet right? And not God, so who is he? How is he different to Moses? John the Baptist? And how different to the Holy Spirit/Ghost? and God, in Christianity? Its all so confusing! lol. I know in Christianity he is God's son, but in Islam, messengers are all seen as special people, they sit by Him because they are separate from us.
Also, you say(was that you?) that Mohammed (pbuh) is accepted in Christianity. But how? I thought that was the main separation between Islam and Christianty?
Jesus is God's son, that alone separates him from the other prophets. He was sent from God as a sacrafice for humanities sins as there is no way humans themselves can fully be forgiven of their sins on their own.

There is a definite split between Islam and Christianity and its obvious by the way in which the Islamic members of this thread see Mohammed in comparisons to Christians. To Christians he is another prophet (just like Jesus is to Muslims), to Muslims he is much more.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
hmm so acmilan, do Christians accept Muhammad (pbuh) as a Prophet? I remember speaking to my English Head Teacher and she told me that the name Muhammad doesn't even exist in her religion (she's a devout Christian btw). I must admit I am somewhat confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)