• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
so instead it's they HAVE to obey him or die? he gets more satisfaction in being a nazi-like dictator? What possible satisfaction could an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient god get from ANYTHING.

Satan was able to pull one up over god?
Well now we go back to the issue of God's authority....as a Christian....I believe that because I am a creation of God....I am accountable to Him and Have to obey him........I do not make up rubbish like "God is kind, He'll look the other way...even when I choose to disobey Him"

And God is far from being a dictator.....comparing God to a Nazi dictator would be like Hitler saying to every jew in Germany....I'll pay your airfares, give you 5 class accomodation and give you 10,000 dollars spending money, and a 20 year immunity period so that you can get out of Europe before I annihilate your race.....

be serious mate!!!

And no...Satan did not pull one up over God.....Satan was only able deceive because God allowed him to......and God has attained final victory over Satan on the Cross and has promised to destroy Satan when the time is correct........

God allowed Satan to tempt adam and Eve to sort the true followers from the fakes.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
when you're talking about eternity god is really only giving us a short ammount of time to make our decisions really isn't he? It's more like hitler saying 'are you with me' and before you can barely think about it shooting you.

So god allowed satan to do that? why?

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
so he first chose to give us punishment, then chose to take it however he knew that eventually he would take it away...?
- Why didn't he do it from the beginning?
- I can think of much grander ways to offer us salvation, perhaps give us a text that seem more precise, accurate? more like a biology/science textbook than something that is entirely subjective?
- If i can think of a better way, and i'm not omnipotent or omniscient then he can't be omnipotent or omniscient, unless you're saying there was no better way and what he did was perfect.
Could it not be the case that the Bible is perfect.....yet you....for reasons such as prejudice, indoctrinated ways of thinking, preconceptions.....are having trouble seeing it for what it really is.........

How willing are you to trust yourself in analysing th e Bible.......for all you know.....what the world sees as correct may not be at all the case....can you really prove it?.....

osk

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
when you're talking about eternity god is really only giving us a short ammount of time to make our decisions really isn't he? It's more like hitler saying 'are you with me' and before you can barely think about it shooting you.

So god allowed satan to do that? why?
Yes he might be giving us a short time.....but it is a FAIR time......think about it......almost the entire world now has heard of Jesus and what He stands for.....and the remainder is rapidly learning..........we all know about Jesus....it is now the question of what do we do with what we know....

Can I ask you how long have you known about Jesus......? Comeon mate.....if u think about it...most of us have had countless chances to learn bout Jesus....yet have rejected them.

lengstar

HSC
Not-Too-Bright, try reading the Bible first and make up your mind about what it means to you.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lmfao u think i haven't read the bible?
what i haven't read is the koran.. thus why i couldn't really argue it with the muslims...

What I am being told is, even tho the bible seems wrong.... it is perfect, and i am wrong no matter what, which is a fair judgement and an easy way to dismiss any logic other than what the bible tells you to believe.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
maybe a god did exist, and him in destroying himself created and became the universe, no longer with a conciousness? lol

then you have the creationist theory, and an explanation for why the universe seems to natural :)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
osk said:
This "someone" we rely on is God himself, not just anyone. Yes, we believe that God does Hold us responsible for our sins...but being a loving God....he offers us a way out too, a way out which we do not in the least deserve...but which God offered anyway because of His undying love.

yes, God did know of Adam and Eve's sin before he created them.....but we must acknowledge that God did not make them sin....this was prompted by Satan.

You might ask then....why would God create creatures with a capacity to rebel against Him?......I believe the answer is that God desired His creation to love Him back because of choice, and not just be a group of robots who were obligated to love obey Him. What satisfaction would God have in creations that HAD to obey Him?

id love to hear what you...as a Muslim...believe abaout the origins of sin and the corresponding matters in Islam......
wat do u mean by "origins of sin and corresponding matters"?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
When you think about it, so many people have had chances to try to find the true religion for themselves, but have instead just decided 'i am a christian/muslim/jew/wateva' because that's what i am and that is the truth even tho i've never investigated it.

Wouldn't such a God like me more because i did seek out the truth, and i didn't really reject him because i don't even believe he exists.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
superbird said:
he cant and whilst we try to reason with him he is too arrogant to listen
he seems to be listening very well........and he is putting forward decent arguments......maybe wat ur saying dosent make sense to him.......and just becasue he or any of us dare to ask or question u it dosent mean were arrogant.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
When you think about it, so many people have had chances to try to find the true religion for themselves, but have instead just decided 'i am a christian/muslim/jew/wateva' because that's what i am and that is the truth even tho i've never investigated it.

Wouldn't such a God like me more because i did seek out the truth, and i didn't really reject him because i don't even believe he exists.
u know.........god knows wats in ur heart......if u have truely searched and questioned and come to the conclusion that there is no god........then i dont see y u should burn in hell for eternity.......but if u reject for the sake of rejecting then thats a different story......god isnt evil u know?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I must agree, and i would hope that IF there is a god (which i don't think there is) that it would be a god that would see that i have searched for the answers. While others have 'believed' simply to get out of fear of going to hell or without really questioning it.

K

katie_tully

*runs through the thread naked*

On an even more hideous note, has anybody seen the Magdalene Sisters? It's a movie set in Ireland. It made me hate the Catholic Church even more than I did. True story. Corrupt nuns and priests, girls being sent to convents to do manual labour for;
a. being too pretty (considered a temptress)
b. being pregnant outside of wedlock
c. and in the case of this movie, a girl raped by her cousin was sent there.

all
in
the
name
of
god.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
*runs through the thread naked*

On an even more hideous note, has anybody seen the Magdalene Sisters? It's a movie set in Ireland. It made me hate the Catholic Church even more than I did. True story. Corrupt nuns and priests, girls being sent to convents to do manual labour for;
a. being too pretty (considered a temptress)
b. being pregnant outside of wedlock
c. and in the case of this movie, a girl raped by her cousin was sent there.

all
in
the
name
of
god.
yeh i saw it............kind of depressing........didnt u feel like bashing that evil nun......and to think that it really happened.......

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
people are evil with or without god, i truly believe this...
wether with a faith or without a faith good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things. However faith has given the people who would do wrong a masque for their wrong doings, ie in the case of the 'muslim' fundamentalists, or christians that would do such things to their daughters etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)