• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Like i stated previously, the Bible is rife with such things, it is an ancient text, compiled of several stories. If you read up you can find my explanation of things.

Thanks.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
usher said:
Well if Jesus is god's son then who gave birth to Jebus??? Does God have a wife??? Is he Married??? What if Gods Gay??? How can he have a son then???

P.S. Why does Jesus have to be a shoeless bearded white man with brown hair...why can t he be BLACK!
well he was in the film Bruce Almighty

he was morgan freeman!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In christianity, the holy trinity, that of the 3 of 1, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, are all intricately linked as to being the same 'being.'

The 'Son of God' was i think to show the relation of the manifestation of God as a human form, with God, angels and other 'heavenly' creatures being without a sex rather than gendered.

I hope that kinda explains it, its quite a complex thing to explain.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
AsyLum said:
In christianity, the holy trinity, that of the 3 of 1, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, are all intricately linked as to being the same 'being.'

The 'Son of God' was i think to show the relation of the manifestation of God as a human form, with God, angels and other 'heavenly' creatures being without a sex rather than gendered.

well explain this

edit: i will keep posting this until someone reads this and explains y there are so many errors in the bible

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
there are errors in everything.

i believe in God, but I don't thik the Bible is 100% accurate. There are A LOT of things in the Bible i don't agree with.

no one can explain y there are errors in the bible.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
grk_styl said:

i believe in God, but I don't thik the Bible is 100% accurate. There are A LOT of things in the Bible i don't agree with.

then y base your life on it? (ppl in general)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
grk_styl said:

it has nothing to do with wat u think.......accurate as in historically accurate....as in the events really did happen. and if no one can explain y there are erros in the bible........then y follow it............OMG thats like the minister at the church who couldnt answer my questions so he just said "believe my child, just believe"

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
AsyLum said:

but i thought we said god was absolute and not part of the relative world.........why would he limit himself and become human........isnt god limitless?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
well explain this

edit: i will keep posting this until someone reads this and explains y there are so many errors in the bible
well if theyre like me (and cant see the damn thing) then no one is going to reply to u........y cant i see it????

osk

HSC
joujou_84 said:
but i thought we said god was absolute and not part of the relative world.........why would he limit himself and become human........isnt god limitless?
Christians believe that in coming to earth, God CHOSE to submit Himself.....we believe it was His love that allowed Him to come to a place where He....holy and without sin....did not belong. This was entirely His choice...and being God....He is entitled to do as he pleases. Understand that by coming to Earth in Jesus....God was not at all limiting Himself......being God, he could have at any time struck dead all those living....His power is limitless......yet He CHOSE not to do this because he loves us and had a mission to complete

As to your question of why God became a human...this was part of His mission......He came to earth to link humankind with God.....to take away our sin which was keeping us from God.....since Jesus came to take the punishment for all humankind......it is only fitting that he took on the form of 100% human and 100% God at the same time.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
well explain this

You're either a fool, or just incapable of reading.

The Bible is a collection of stories written as a philosophical understanding within contextual Ancient Israel.

If you dont know what that means, then im not going to explain it to you since it would be fruitless.

osk

HSC
grk_styl said:

Many people like discrediting the Bible because of the supposed 'contradictions' in it. However....they are not aware that these contradictions are based on verses which are taken out of context.

I believe this is often the case for the Koran too.....many people have pulled stuff out of the Koran without first talking to a Muslim about it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
it has nothing to do with wat u think.......accurate as in historically accurate....as in the events really did happen. and if no one can explain y there are erros in the bible........then y follow it............OMG thats like the minister at the church who couldnt answer my questions so he just said "believe my child, just believe"
Sorry, you lost most of your credibility with me with this.

DO none of you read?

DID I NOT POST SAYING THAT IT IS NOT TO BE TAKEN AS A TOTALLY HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AND SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE PIECE OF EVIDENCE.

Thank you MoonlightSonata for actually reading my post.

Obviously some of those didnt.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I had a theory that he became human etc to "save us all" as in go to heaven etc, (which was said in the bible, but then again I'm sure Moses would've landed a seat in heaven, let alone all other biblical people". As in Jesus underwent suffering, things that happen to humans, temptation etc and ended up prosecuted and died - dealt with pain, to save us all and allowed us to go to heaven because of our journey through life.

Which is quite nice. Read Memnoch the Devil for more lol. By Anne Rice.

The thing I don't understand is the "Why have you foresaken me?" part. Why is he scared? How can he fear death when he knows, the whole time (or most of the time) that he was in fact God or part of God, so thus he had nothing to worry about???

I'm not criticising, I generally ask this all the time. By the way I'm not atheist. I have not the slightest clue what I am.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That was to illustrate the humanity of Jesus, as a man rather than as God's son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)