• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
also..suphan allah..
i know a guy who works with me..hes australian..(scottish)
his friend gave him an english copy of the quarn to read
anyway..he put it in his draw and forgot about it(breifly telling the story)
one night he had a dream/nighmare...and he saw the koran in his dream
he woke up suddenly..all weird n stuf
and without even thinking opened his draw
and supha allah..made me cry when he told me
he read Allah guides those he wills
and he became muslim

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I did not say that. But if you are a Muslim, then the proper way to write it would be Qur'an as this will be a better benefit rather than having everyone writing koran. Next thing you know, the next gen would start pronouncing it that way. Not that I'm saying you're causing it.
ok ok.......Qur'an.....:)

*Barbie*

HSC
joujou_84 said:
i often wonder wat makes christains believe that jesus was gods son....why wasnt moses or any other prophet gods son,.....why jesus in particular...i wouldve thought its coz jesus talked whilst in his crib and said he was a prophet of god and maybe they would have thought that was a miracle and taken him as gods son......but christains dont believe jesus spoke when he was a new born...so does anyone out there know why??
good question...
i am pasting a quote from the wise C.S. Lewis... mayb you've read his books (the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe etc...luv those books lol :cool: )

"...I am trying here to prevent the one foolish thing many people often say about Jesus, 'I can accept Jesus as a good moral teacher, but not as God.'" That is one thing we cannot say. Jesus claimed to be God. If this wasn't true, saying it (along with the other statements He made) would mean He shouldn't be considered a good moral teacher. There are only 3 choices we have for Jesus: 1 He was wrong and he knew it (liar); 2 He was wrong, but thought he was God (lunatic); or, 3 He actually was Lord and God [McDowell, Evidence pg 103]. So the choices include liar, lunatic, or Lord; if He was a liar or lunatic He should not be considered a good moral teacher. There is no disputing the fact that there was a man named Jesus who lived..."

Jesus life and death were not refuted...
The writers of the New Testament were eye-witnesses of what they recorded. The fact that they wrote the manuscripts during the time the enemies of Christ were alive (and could prove whether the things they said were true or not) should be further proof that what was said/written was true. We don't have a record of any refutation as to the birth, life, death, or resurrection of Christ. The Bible says that after His death and resurrection Jesus was seen alive by more then 500 people; I Corinthians 15:5-8 says, "And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

So basically we believe Jesus is the Son of God because that's what God's word says...
"As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Mark 1:10-11

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
thatz coz it muslim night
all the muzzos seme to be online and actively posting in here
if we made a muslim thread
i dont even wanan think about the stuff we'd cop form ppl

Kulazzi

HSC
joujou_84 said:
haha....this turned into this muslim thread.......
lol. Yes, we're "slightly" off topic here. Cos we're the only ones on it right now. I think Pace Setter and MoonlightSonata were having an argument. *sigh* sorry guys but ur gonna have to go back a few pages.....:eek:

Kulazzi

HSC
soha said:
thatz coz it muslim night
all the muzzos seme to be online and actively posting in here
if we made a muslim thread
i dont even wanan think about the stuff we'd cop form ppl
there is actually a muslim forum. :)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
well..inshallh im going to daar aisha college
its a womens only islamic studies course
that you can do full time or part time
im doing it part time..and it goes for 2-3 years
you learn nearly everything ...inshallah..i can gain more islamic knowledge
and then come back here and actually know what im talking about %100

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Kulazzi said:
lol. Yes, we're "slightly" off topic here. Cos we're the only ones on it right now. I think Pace Setter and MoonlightSonata were having an argument. *sigh* sorry guys but ur gonna have to go back a few pages.....:eek:
moonlightsonata has turns and i believe has argued with everyone on this forum

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
joujou_84 said:
i get the feeling well just be attacked 2morrow for spamming on this thread.......oh well in the words of soha 'such is life'
lol..yeah such is life..

kulazzi wheres the muslim forum?

Kulazzi

HSC
joujou_84 said:
i get the feeling well just be attacked 2morrow for spamming on this thread.......oh well in the words of soha 'such is life'
lol. Well, we're not exactly spamming :eek:. We were doing a meaningful discussion :D

*Barbie*

HSC
joujou_84 said:
so why do u change things....if god said pig is forbidden why change it later on......
under the law of Moses (the o.t.)..there were rules of clean and unclean beats...
in the new testament these rules are not applied... we see in [/B]Acts 10 [/B] through a vision to Simon (who would be sent to preach 2 Cornelius(a Gentile)) In the vision God told Simon to kill and eat...because he had been fasting and was hungry...Simon said he had never eaten any unclean thing b4...
God replied that what He has cleansed shall not b called common or unclean...

The rule for the clean and unclean beasts can be debated at length about all the benefits it offered the Jews, but a major part of all the laws given to the Jews was to separate them from the rest of the world...to make them a people separate unto God...After Jesus did His deal on earth, the door was open to all who were called. Jew or Gentile. So the rule for unclean beasts (for food) no longer applied because being separate unto God was accomplished by the Holy Spirit, not mere ceremonial laws... Jesus condemned the Pharasies saying that God could raise children of Abraham from mere stones if He wished. Confronting their vanity and conceit...

Jesus also told the Pharasies that it isn't what goes into a man's mouth that makes him unclean but the things that come out of a man's mouth.
i didnt change things... God said it in the old testament to set His people apart... in the New Testament as written above Salvation comes through the Holy Spirit to anyone Jew or Gentile... that's why it's changed...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
soha said:
well..inshallh im going to daar aisha college
its a womens only islamic studies course
that you can do full time or part time
im doing it part time..and it goes for 2-3 years
you learn nearly everything ...inshallah..i can gain more islamic knowledge
and then come back here and actually know what im talking about %100
wow id love to go to one of those.......but the shia dont have any of those muslim colleges in this country...screw that...the shia suck when it comes to these things....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
*Barbie* said:
i didnt change things... God said it in the old testament to set His people apart... in the New Testament as written above Salvation comes through the Holy Spirit to anyone Jew or Gentile... that's why it's changed...
i didnt mean u personally changed it.....i mean christianity as a whole but fair enough.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)